Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Replacements.......

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I'm sorry, but did you actually watch that Broncos game? The officiating was terrible in that game. An absolute trainwreck and the game went almost four hours. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that Peyton Manning lost. It has everything to do with the fact that the officials did an awful job.
    All I am interested in is how are they doing in our game, and so far I prefer these guys.....At least I am not going home wanting to choke a ref for being part of the reason we lost. Some of the calls in the past with the real refs have left me at times pretty upset.

I wish there were no blown calls, but if I notice that it's going both ways equally, then I could live with it, that seems to not happen at times with the so called 1st team refs.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    Gimme a break - He will not receive a warning as he should not. Can you blame the guy? I certainly dont. These refs have no idea what they are doing, or calling.
    He lost his cool and composure and that is something a coach should not do. He was flat out wrong on the 12 man call. The calls leading up to that were nothing that should have sent him into this kind of action.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They've sucked, but they haven't had much of an impact on our first two games so far.

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    They are impartial because they do not know the rules.

Do you actually enjoy sitting through a quarter that lasts a whole hour (such as last nights game)? Or perhaps a 4 hour game?

Are they impartial, yes, but for the wrong reasons.
    Whatever, I can take an half hour or more of game time if it allows my team to have a chance to win the game, instead of having it taken from them....I will just order another beer at sports bar I watch the game at.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Replacements.......

The Dolphins have been fortunate thus far buy I guarantee those who prefer them now, will be calling for their heads when we get a bad crew.

The NFL needs to get the regulars back ASAP! These replacements are horrible.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I'm sorry, but did you actually watch that Broncos game? The officiating was terrible in that game. An absolute trainwreck and the game went almost four hours. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that Peyton Manning lost. It has everything to do with the fact that the officials did an awful job.
    But I can't think of one call that changed the outcome of the game. Sure they took awhile to administer some calls but what can be expected? Would love to see some of you guys get thrust into he national spotlight with 10s of thousands in house fans, players, and coaches acting like 2 year olds just removed of the tit. These coaches and players are supposed to be professionals and to let calls that are not even that bad bust your composure is kind of sad...
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    #freespesh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.finheaven.com/images/impo...Saintstd-1.jpg
    photo upload

Have little problem with the replacement refs making bad calls. That was expected. And its not their fault the NFL is using their new favorite toy known as the Lockout. The only thing i really fault them for is taking 17 days to make a damn call on the field. There was a what, 10 minute delay in the first half of the Falcons game because they couldnt figure out the penalty call? I muted the tv after Gruden announced 8 minutes had passed.

They need to make decisive decisions and stick to them even if its wrong. Then again, i feel that anything that happens on the field should be reviewable, especially penalties. Coaches are still limited to 2 challenges anyways and bad ref calls happen weekly, regardless of job experience.

Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 2
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Sec. 107 Row 2

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That call killed me. I'm still scratching my head over it.
    Quote Quote