Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slimm's Underrated Prospects: (Seniors)

1. -11
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Darius Slay is a nice call. I'm bound to have a soft spot for Dwayne's little brother. I used to love watching Dwayne play, though obviously he was too slow for the pro game.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man, Quinton Patton abused the **** out of Terry Hawthorne.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So for the forth year running I poise the question, if Miami wanted to draft a play making FS who is the ticket this off season? Assuming Jones keeps improving and locks down the SS position.

Do any of your underrated players on this list fit the bill in a round 2 or 3 or does Miami have to go after a one the first?
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still think the Dolphins may have a FS solution already on roster. Like it or not, Richard Marshall is here on a pretty significant contract. I'd like to try him there and then revamp the corner unit.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I still think the Dolphins may have a FS solution already on roster. Like it or not, Richard Marshall is here on a pretty significant contract. I'd like to try him there and then revamp the corner unit.
    Good point CK, I hadn't entertained that idea I guess. Food for thought.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Good point CK, I hadn't entertained that idea I guess. Food for thought.
    He played safety about a third of the time he was in the game for the Arizona Cardinals last year. I thought it was clear he was more part of the problem than part of the solution when it came to his playing CB on the outside, however he looked good to me when he played safety. He's got the instincts to see the play and pull the trigger, and the ability to get out of tough spots. Plus, he's a decent tackler (usually).

I just don't like him in man coverage on the outsides, especially when he has to stay with a guy deep.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    He played safety about a third of the time he was in the game for the Arizona Cardinals last year. I thought it was clear he was more part of the problem than part of the solution when it came to his playing CB on the outside, however he looked good to me when he played safety. He's got the instincts to see the play and pull the trigger, and the ability to get out of tough spots. Plus, he's a decent tackler (usually).

I just don't like him in man coverage on the outsides, especially when he has to stay with a guy deep.
    I had hoped that Wilson would become a pleasant surprise in the Miami secondary but the more I watch him the more I am trending away from him, he'll never be anything more than a good ST player and perhaps a 3rd or 4th corner/ backup safety.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    So for the forth year running I poise the question, if Miami wanted to draft a play making FS who is the ticket this off season? Assuming Jones keeps improving and locks down the SS position.

Do any of your underrated players on this list fit the bill in a round 2 or 3 or does Miami have to go after a one the first?

I doubt I'd go after one in the 1st round.

I'd look at Bacarri Rambo, Kenny Vaccarro, Dexter McCoil, Cody Davis, Robert Lester, Shamarko Thomas, Jahleel Addae, Malcolm Bronson, Duke Williams, Kejuan Riley, and John Boyett at various points throughout the draft in terms of Seniors. Boyett's season is over but I've always liked this kid. Dexter McCoil and Cody Davis are two of the most underrated defenders that I've seen.

I'd be looking at Nickoe Whitley, Matt Elam, Eric Reid, Lamarcus Joyner, Tony Jefferson, and Isaiah Lewis if they declare early. Jefferson is more of a S/S than a F/S but he has incredible instincts and knows how to play smart defensive football. Excellent tackler in the open field because he breaks down so well.

I was a stern believer that Reshad Jones would be a lot better used in a more traditional S/S role. I figured him to break out last year and I was probably a year early with that call.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Michael Stewart will be one to watch as the draft approaches.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Michael Mauti the LB out of Penn State may surprise a few people and make an NFL roster IMHO. At first blush he appears to be the classic small efficient PSU LB that just isn't big enough to make it in the NFL, but I could see him being the exception to the rule. If I were to go looking for the next stunning surprise ala Zach Thomas ... I'd start by giving Mauti a cloooooooooooose look. Just sayin'.
    Quote Quote