Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slimm's Underrated Prospects: (Seniors)

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really like the way Stacy runs.

I don't know that we can spend an early pick on a RB, but if he's there in the 4th, I'd pull the trigger. More I watch him, though, I think he goes 2nd or 3rd RD.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Michael Mauti is a kid that I really like at the ILB position. I think you make a good point about him being the classic small efficient Penn St. linebacker. He's essentially the same type prospect that Sean Lee and Paul Posluszny were, including fighting back through the knee surgeries.

Mauti is an excellent special teams player and that alone will get him on a roster.

I remember when we were recruiting Jonathan Stewart to Alabama, but we already had Donta Hightower so we cooled on him. Stewart is a typical big, 2-down type linebacker to bang around on the inside of a 3-4 defense, but I certainly don't see anything special. He was a key cog on one of the worst defenses in the country last year. Misses tackles.... saw a lot of that against Florida a couple weeks ago.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think you are right on about Mark Popek - OG out of USF being underrated. The guy was named to the Outland Watchlist before the season started and didn't get a chance to show his talent this year due to injuries. You are also right about him looking like a tackle. He played OT in his prior seasons with the Bulls and was moved to Guard due to needs. The kid can play any position on the line and has the size to compete in the NFL. I don't know why he isn't being projected as a middle round pick.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    You certainly hit the nail on the head over rating keenan davis.

As an iowa hawkeye fan, keep the phins and this dude far apart.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canandaigua,NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im verysuprised WR Chris Harper is not on the underrated list.Needs a little developement but I see alot of James Jones in him.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

Slimm's Underrated Prospects: (Seniors)

Quinton Patton is gonna be a steal for someone.

I couldn't agree more about Jonathan Franklin and Terrance Williams being overrated
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Richard Samuel- Georgia. He was 4th String RB behind two true freshman and a rSO. He isnt underrated. He just isnt very good. I saw where you had a safety from Georgia, Shawn Williams, listed as overrated. How is he overrated? i havent seen him rated high enough by anyone to be overrated.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I doubt I'd go after one in the 1st round.

I'd look at Bacarri Rambo, Kenny Vaccarro, Dexter McCoil, Cody Davis, Robert Lester, Shamarko Thomas, Jahleel Addae, Malcolm Bronson, Duke Williams, Kejuan Riley, and John Boyett at various points throughout the draft in terms of Seniors. Boyett's season is over but I've always liked this kid. Dexter McCoil and Cody Davis are two of the most underrated defenders that I've seen.

I'd be looking at Nickoe Whitley, Matt Elam, Eric Reid, Lamarcus Joyner, Tony Jefferson, and Isaiah Lewis if they declare early. Jefferson is more of a S/S than a F/S but he has incredible instincts and knows how to play smart defensive football. Excellent tackler in the open field because he breaks down so well.

I was a stern believer that Reshad Jones would be a lot better used in a more traditional S/S role. I figured him to break out last year and I was probably a year early with that call.
    Well Slimm I'd have to say you were a year early on the Jones prediction lol but I'd rather have it a year late than never!!! Jones has been a pleasant surprise, I was also on the the wagon to move him over to SS but I didn't think he'd take to the switch like he has. I figured modest improvement to a solid starting roll, right now he seems to have major improvement and the potential to have an above average starting roll.

That finally takes some pressure off the safety position, with that said I still believe that Miami needs help at FS. Someone needs to push or move Clemons, but even Clemons showed improvements in this defense so that is encouraging. Maybe now you can take a stab at getting a solid corner to play opposite Smith (assuming he is re-signed).
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by justdev7 View Post
    Quinton Patton is gonna be a steal for someone.

I couldn't agree more about Jonathan Franklin and Terrance Williams being overrated
    I start considering Patton with our first 2nd round pick. Like him a lot.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by j-off-her-doll View Post
    I start considering Patton with our first 2nd round pick. Like him a lot.
    I see a lot of body catches, which concern me about him. Rarely highpoints the ball and leaves a lot of yards of the field as a result. Other than that, you could make arguments for a very high second round pick. But I worry about his hands.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote