Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 15 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Two Cents on the Election

1. -1
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks

My Two Cents on the Election

I rarely post in the POFO, but I have a degree in Poli Sci, and a graduate degree in a related field, and just wanted to share my thoughts:

To me the election comes down to who is going to do a better job in fixing the country. We have a huge deficit of $16 trillion. You can argue all you want about who caused it....I am more concerned about who is going to fix it.

Obama says, "The job isn't done yet.....give me four more years." This is like a salesman who isn't getting the job done asking his boss to keep him around for four more years. Maybe someday he will actually make a sale. I think Obama cares more about the "Little people," the homeless, and the poor. He probably cares a little more about women's rights and making sure they have the choice of whether they can have an abortion, and get access to contraceptives, BUT to me these issues are not that important compared to JOBS and the Economy.

Mitt Romney may be a multi-millionaire and out of touch with the average American, but he is an experienced businessman. We need someone who can balance the budget and not spend us into bankruptcy. I think Obama's promise of HOPE sounded good, but I cannot vote for him.

ROMNEY is the lesser of two evils.

(sorry for any typos as I am using a cell phone)
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    DRAGONBORN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hallandale, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Now here's a man with a functioning brain in his head. Mitt Romney is a great man and is definitely one who can lead us back to being a great nation. As a successful business owner and entrepreneur, I can't afford to vote for Obuma. Mr. Romney is a lot like myself in the sense that he's experienced and a true businessman in every sense of the word. Obuma does care more about poor people and that's a problem. Poor people are poor for a reason. They're not very smart and they make poor decisions with their money. This is why corporations target poor people when tax season rolls around. "Hey all you poors, come give us your money!" And those dummies who vote Dummycrat in November will line up around the block to hand over their tax returns as quickly as possible. Vote for Romney if your brain works.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Now here's a man with a functioning brain in his head. Mitt Romney is a great man and is definitely one who can lead us back to being a great nation. As a successful business owner and entrepreneur, I can't afford to vote for Obuma. Mr. Romney is a lot like myself in the sense that he's experienced and a true businessman in every sense of the word. Obuma does care more about poor people and that's a problem. Poor people are poor for a reason. They're not very smart and they make poor decisions with their money. This is why corporations target poor people when tax season rolls around. "Hey all you poors, come give us your money!" And those dummies who vote Dummycrat in November will line up around the block to hand over their tax returns as quickly as possible. Vote for Romney if your brain works.
    I'm praying that this is supposed to be sarcastic, but I'm pretty sure you are serious. There are many factors that contribute to poverty. Assuming the only reason they're poor is due to their lack of intelligence is pretty ignorant. Also, I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who uses words like "Obuma" & "Dummycrat", are we in 4th grade?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They are the same guy, with different color ties. Whereas Obama will spend money on healthcare, Romney will spend it on increasing the defense budget. The Republican Party is no longer the fiscally responsible, small government party.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    I rarely post in the POFO, but I have a degree in Poli Sci, and a graduate degree in a related field, and just wanted to share my thoughts:

To me the election comes down to who is going to do a better job in fixing the country. We have a huge deficit of $16 trillion. You can argue all you want about who caused it....I am more concerned about who is going to fix it.

Obama says, "The job isn't done yet.....give me four more years." This is like a salesman who isn't getting the job done asking his boss to keep him around for four more years. Maybe someday he will actually make a sale. I think Obama cares more about the "Little people," the homeless, and the poor. He probably cares a little more about women's rights and making sure they have the choice of whether they can have an abortion, and get access to contraceptives, BUT to me these issues are not that important compared to JOBS and the Economy.

Mitt Romney may be a multi-millionaire and out of touch with the average American, but he is an experienced businessman. We need someone who can balance the budget and not spend us into bankruptcy. I think Obama's promise of HOPE sounded good, but I cannot vote for him.

Honestly, I don't think either Romney or Obama can do much to sway the economy. As for lowering the deficit, both guys aren't going to succeed in that either. Obama won't make cuts, and Romney wants to give more tax cuts & increase defense spending.

Personally, I'm not a fan of either candidate and I refuse to choose between the lesser of two evils. I'll vote for some 3rd party candidate. I'm not going to vote for a guy just because he's slightly better than the other horrible candidate. A candidate should earn your vote based on his/her merits, not on the other guy's faults.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post

Then Romney/Ryan aren't your men. Unless of course you consider a balanced budget 28 years from now a good thing. Obama doesn't even have the words "balanced budget" in his vocabulary. We're pretty screwed as a nation with these 2 parties and candidates at the helm.

As short-round in Temple Of Doom said.

[youtube]Zt7kHsZGk6E[/youtube]

"Hold on lady we going for a ride."

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    If we are throwing in our own two cents on the election allow me to add my spin on the topic. As I slighly disagree with the above posters. FWIW I call myself an independent now though previously I aligned more with the republicans.
    I will say this to start. The candidates are exceedingly similar in their actual policy which leads them to sometimes take extreme positions to make themselves appear different.

Foreign Policy. In reality despite what Mr. Romney claims he will be almost identical to Obama just how Obama claimed to be different from GW yet in the end he pretty much stayed the course.

Domestic Policy
    Obama being driven by Keynsian principles would likely try to stimulate(read spend) his way towards getting the economy growing. Infrastructure projects and while maintaining current low taxes.

Romney plans on stimulating growth by lowering taxes on job creators(rich people) and stripping regulatory agencies such as the EPA to nothing(if that is possible).
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Obama's going to put better justices on the court than Romney would. At least then we wouldn't have a predictable, pro-right verdict every time something came up. Spare me the nonsense about Obummercare too, that's an anomaly.

That's the only reason I'd consider voting for him. Since I live in CA though, where my vote doesn't really count, I'll probably vote for the initiatives and write Timothy Leary in. That'll show them.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can we really trust a business man who made a killing on bankrupting other companies. He doesn't give a **** about the.middle class and even less.for the poor. His 47 percent statement shows his real views. A private event is more telling then a public one
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    If we are throwing in our own two cents on the election allow me to add my spin on the topic. As I slighly disagree with the above posters. FWIW I call myself an independent now though previously I aligned more with the republicans.
    I will say this to start. The candidates are exceedingly similar in their actual policy which leads them to sometimes take extreme positions to make themselves appear different.

Foreign Policy. In reality despite what Mr. Romney claims he will be almost identical to Obama just how Obama claimed to be different from GW yet in the end he pretty much stayed the course.

Domestic Policy
    Obama being driven by Keynsian principles would likely try to stimulate(read spend) his way towards getting the economy growing. Infrastructure projects and while maintaining current low taxes.

Romney plans on stimulating growth by lowering taxes on job creators(rich people) and stripping regulatory agencies such as the EPA to nothing(if that is possible).

I would argue both are keynesians. Romney supported the bailouts and stimulus spending. Pretty much every government intervention into the markets (and our liberties) Romney was a fan of. It's like picking which color you like on the same model cars from GM.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nick1 View Post
    Can we really trust a business man who made a killing on bankrupting other companies. He doesn't give a **** about the.middle class and even less.for the poor. His 47 percent statement shows his real views. A private event is more telling then a public one
    Or trust a president that has already proven to suck on the economy. Not much choice in the matter. It's like choosing between death by firing squad or hanging.
    Quote Quote