Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415

Thread: My Two Cents on the Election

1. -141
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthBeTold View Post
    A country with over 23 million known unemployed Americans. Many more not statistically showing up because of skewing by the idea if they quit looking and do not collect unemployment after exhausting their allotment they no longer count in overall tracking. 47 million Americans on food stamps. $4 gasoline. Lying and covering up Libya debacle (character does count and people do take notice eventually). Yeah I can't wait to in visit November too. Like I said it is not going to be close. America deserves better and the Dems had the wrong plans to fix the economy. Ineffective leadership plain and simple. Life is to short to wait on failed policies. Nothing personal just common sense after living and experiencing these 4 years. Tired of the class envy crap too.

Could be worse.
    Quote Quote  

2. -142
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

My Two Cents on the Election

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFin View Post
    How would you like me to respond Locke? You say there is all this evidence that I am ignoring, and yet you concede that there is evidence that contradicts your very views on climate change. Of course you dismiss that because there is supposedly all this overwhelming evidence that favors your viewpoint. I can then argue that all that evidence is built on false premise funded by people with an agenda whether it is universities or private funding.

It would be like paying you to research why the Patriots are the best team in football. Even if you want to believe otherwise (I hope you would), you would still argue that the Patriots are the best because you are being paid to string together evidence that comes to that conclusion. Maybe you see my point, maybe you don't. If you want to draw the conclusion that the evidence of "climate change" is inconclusive, I could possibly agree to that, but currently the issue is at a standstill with no "conclusive" evidence that "climate change" poses a threat us.

How does this article fit into your "climate change" paradigm?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...=feeds-newsxml
    Why do we get these posts come out of the woodwork, like clockwork, 6 to 8 months. About 8 months we had this exact same discussion, with the same bull**** right wing posters. Every single article they presented I shot down with 5 minutes research on google.

First of all, we hear it doesn't exist, then the planet is warming but we don't believe it's man made, now it's we believe its mostly man made (I believe that came from the Exxon CEO lately) but it costs too much to reduce it. What's next, we wait until coastal cities are under water, mass extinction of animals because they are lower down the intelligence scale?

Climate deniers are nothing but a bunch of idiots. Those that aren't have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. Two of humanities worst traits on show, stupidity and greed.
    Quote Quote  

3. -143
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFin View Post
    How would you like me to respond Locke? You say there is all this evidence that I am ignoring, and yet you concede that there is evidence that contradicts your very views on climate change. Of course you dismiss that because there is supposedly all this overwhelming evidence that favors your viewpoint. I can then argue that all that evidence is built on false premise funded by people with an agenda whether it is universities or private funding.

It would be like paying you to research why the Patriots are the best team in football. Even if you want to believe otherwise (I hope you would), you would still argue that the Patriots are the best because you are being paid to string together evidence that comes to that conclusion. Maybe you see my point, maybe you don't. If you want to draw the conclusion that the evidence of "climate change" is inconclusive, I could possibly agree to that, but currently the issue is at a standstill with no "conclusive" evidence that "climate change" poses a threat us.

How does this article fit into your "climate change" paradigm?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...=feeds-newsxml
    No, you can't argue that it's built on a false premise. Everything you've stated as "evidence" to that has been your opinion. Opinion isn't evidence.

Your second paragraph is a perfect example of sticking your head in the sand and ignoring everything. No conclusive evidence that climate change poses a threat to us? Did you seriously just type that? I really hope you're trolling me, because I would be severely worried about you if you're in this level of denial...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote