Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: My Two Cents on the Election

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Please don't amend your post when someone has responded to it. It brings the response to a complete out of whack and obsolete issue. When I want to amend a post because someone has misunderstood my intend I make an additional response with the correct version of it.

I can not tell you what to do as I am not a moderator but it would be the respectful way.
    It is in its original form in your post. Your suggested is noted. I will keep that in mind in the future.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Just so I don't seem like an equal opportunity person. The Dems are pretty misguided as well.
    1. First off they are so disorganized they cannot get anything meaningful accomplished even when they are in power. The result is some watered down mess of a franken-law(see the ACA).
    2. They don't even want to mention the word entitlement reform and press on like it isn't even a problem. Obviously this is a negotiating ploy(or so I hope). This is the biggest problem IMO.
    3. They are just as willing to take cash from Big business as Repubs.(see Obama avoiding actual bank reform when he first took office)
    4. Their loyalty to teachers Unions is a barrier to education reform.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post
    It is in its original form in your post. Your suggested is noted. I will keep that in mind in the future.
    I know it is. But I am probably not alone but when I read the original and read a response with the quote included I am not re-reading the quoted text.

But thanks for understanding.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: My Two Cents on the Election

Divide and Conquer

Smh

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Romney plans on creating 12 million more jobs, drill for oil in america, I HEARD he is trying to bring the business overseas back to America but I doubt that will happen since our government is ran by most of those business. I also heard Romney is going to make it a lot easier for college students to get a job after graduating. I currently am a college student and that is a huge deal for my future!

First time being able to vote and I will vote Romney!
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    Romney plans on creating 12 million more jobs, drill for oil in america, I HEARD he is trying to bring the business overseas back to America but I doubt that will happen since our government is ran by most of those business. I also heard Romney is going to make it a lot easier for college students to get a job after graduating. I currently am a college student and that is a huge deal for my future!

First time being able to vote and I will vote Romney!
    Dont forget Romney plans on curing cancer, becoming Ironman, and reintroducing dinosaurs into the wild(only the ones from 6k years ago, cant upset his base).

How is he going to do all this? Eh, dont worry about that, he'll let us know after the election.
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Make It Rain!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey Spesh...

Let me help you find the answers you are looking for by clicking on the link below. I know it can be difficult to find this stuff when searching on Google. By the way, I don't believe in creationism (I know shocking).

http://www.mittromney.com/jobs
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFin View Post
    Hey Spesh...

Let me help you find the answers you are looking for by clicking on the link below. I know it can be difficult to find this stuff when searching on Google. By the way, I don't believe in creationism (I know shocking).

http://www.mittromney.com/jobs
    Mitt Romney will rebuild the foundations of the American economy on the principles of free enterprise, hard work, and innovation. His plan seeks to reduce taxes, spending, regulation, and government programs. It seeks to increase trade, energy production, human capital, and labor flexibility. It relinquishes power to the states instead of claiming to have the solution to every problem.
    Any American living through this economic crisis will immediately recognize the severity of the break that Mitt Romney proposes from our current course. He is calling for a fundamental change in Washington’s view of how economic growth and prosperity are achieved, how jobs are created, and how government can support these endeavors. It is at once a deeply conservative return to policies that have served our nation well and a highly ambitious departure from the policies of our current leadership. In short, it is a plan to get America back to work.
    Dont see a single example of how. Only salesman giving me buzz words, but we can break down each part.

1) Tax plan, which starts off with a paragraph promising me things then immediately, in bold giant letters, goes into something called "Obama's Failure"(boy, thats a great plan Romney has there, the Obama Failure plan). Heres a quick google search of the results of his tax plan-

While both versions of Romney’s plan increase the tax burden on the bottom 20 percent of households (those making between $0 and $19,342 a year), it still leaves the tax rate on those households hugely negative. And Romney actually makes the tax rate on the second household income quintile (those making between $19,343 and $39,862 a year) more negative before base-broadening is taken into account.Given that the campaign has protested vigorously against the TPC’s suggestion that paying for his plan means raising taxes on lower-income people, it seems reasonable to assume that Romney won’t make much of a dent in the number of people not paying any income tax.

Whatever you think about Romney’s fundraiser remarks, he doesn’t have a plan that corrects the “problem” he’s bemoaning
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-income-taxes/

The Republican analyses were designed to rebut the Democratic charge that Romney's plan would "increase taxes for the middle class." The studies conclude that the plan could work as Romney has said, but that doing so would require eliminating all or most deductions and credits for households with income over $100,000. That would include wiping out such popular tax provisions as the deductions for mortgage interest, charitable contributions and state and local taxes.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/sep...-plan-20120915

When Stephanopoulos asked him why he has refused to be more specific about which loopholes he would plug, Ryan suggested that it's because he and Romney don't yet know. "George, because we want to have this debate in the public," he said. "We want to have this debate with Congress. And we want to do this with the consent of the elected representatives of the people and figure out what loopholes should stay or go and who should or should not get them."

Meanwhile, host David Gregory tried to get some specifics out of Romney in an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press." "Give me an example of a loophole you would close," Gregory said, after trying and failing several times to coax the candidate into giving specifics.

Romney couldn't give one. "Well, I can tell you that people at the high end, high income taxpayers, are going to have fewer deductions and exemptions," he said. "Those numbers are going to come down. Otherwise they'd get a tax break. And I want to make sure people understand, despite what the Democrats said at their convention, I am not reducing taxes on high income taxpayers."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1868444.html

2) Regulations, which looking past the first giant bold letters of Obama Failure, start off with "Repeal everything and replace it". Hmm, surely no empty salesman like guarantee's there, right?-

But Romney, on many occasions, has called for the repeal of the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial reform law, the first significant reform of the nation’s financial system since the Great Depression. In it’s place, all Romney’s economic plan calls for is a “streamlined regulatory framework.” The only specific aspects that Romney says he would implement are already in Dodd-Frank, which Romney admits in his plan.
    http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...e-wall-street/

But now the regulation-be-damned camp --- represented by the Romney campaign --- has come up with a "fix" that avoids the messiness of political discussion and debate by sidestepping the democratic process entirely. Never mind the inconvenient fact that Dodd-Frank is the law of the land, and that it is the constitutional duty of the executive branch --- to which Republican candidate Mitt Romney aspires --- to put it into practice.

Under the would-be president's plan, agencies would have to eliminate existing regulations in order to implement new ones. Specifically, agencies issuing new regulations would be required to balance the costs of new regulations by identifying offsetting cost reductions in existing regulations. In addition, Congress would have new powers to block regulations that are proposed by the agencies. As Governor Romney's economic plan affirms, "President Romney will issue an executive order instructing all agencies that they must invite Congress to vote up or down on their major regulations and forbidding them from putting those regulations into effect without congressional approval."
    http://abcnews.go.com/Business/mitt-...ry?id=17128454

3) Decided to skip ahead and go to a favorite of mine, Spending! I mean, Obama is such a failure here it should really be a no brainer, easy to promise, no exaggerations, clear cut choice right?

Mitt Romney says he will cut government spending by some $500 billion a year by the end of his first term, while protecting military spending. But he has not detailed many of the deep cuts to domestic programs that budget analysts say would be needed to achieve that.

He wants to cut corporate and marginal income tax rates significantly and says that he will make up for the hundreds of billions of dollars of potentially lost revenue each year by reducing tax breaks. But while he has named some tax breaks he would not touch, like the preferential tax rates for investment income, he has declined to say which ones will be on the chopping block.
    And while he often speaks of repealing and replacing Obamacare, as he calls the president’s health care overhaul, evaluating his own plan is not easy. He calls for encouraging individuals to buy their own health insurance by changing the tax code to no longer give an advantage to those receiving health insurance from their employers, but he has not explained the new tax credits or deductions he will propose to help people buy coverage on their own.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/15/us...proposals.html

Romney has outlined specific tax cuts on his campaign website. They include: cutting marginal rates by 20 percent on a permanent, across-the-board basis; eliminating interest, dividend and capital gains taxes for taxpayers earning less than $200,000; eliminating the estate tax; and repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax.

Romney would also cut the corporate rate to 25 percent.

To offset those cuts, Romney has suggested that he would eliminate some common tax write-offs and deductions for people with high incomes.

There are many tax breaks for individuals and businesses. Which ones will be reduced or eliminated? Romney doesn’t say.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...it-while-obam/

Could keep on, but you get the point. So why shouldnt Romney promise us that he will become Ironman? I mean, he promised us everything else. And when asking for, what i would consider the reasonable request, how he would accomplish this....eh, talk to him again later. You know, after that pesky election this is over. Google is fun.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Dont forget Romney plans on curing cancer, becoming Ironman, and reintroducing dinosaurs into the wild(only the ones from 6k years ago, cant upset his base).

How is he going to do all this? Eh, dont worry about that, he'll let us know after the election.
    Trust me I understand all presidents lie and do not do all there promises but Obama had a **** load of promises and has like 67 broken promises. I think its time for a change.... Bring Romney in!!!!

Also Obama tripled the nations debt, he did take the troops out of iraq yet he also sent more troops before ending it, he also should of never leaked out the info on how the navy seals got osama...
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin_Frenzy_84 View Post
    Also Obama tripled the nations debt, he did take the troops out of iraq yet he also sent more troops before ending it, he also should of never leaked out the info on how the navy seals got osama...
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote