Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: Revis questionable for Sunday

  1. -61
    Noodleman's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2004
    Posts:
    699
    vCash:
    1060
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Deion was great but revis is a better cover corner. Again, Deion was a much better playmaker when he got the ball in his hands but as a cover corner? Revis has taken on and beaten the best of this generation despite rules changes making it almost impossible to do what he does. Call me a homer all you want but as Andre johnson, Calvin Johnson and company what they think. Darrelle Revis is the best cover corner I have ever seena nd I don't know how you can be more of a game changer when you completely take away the opponents #1 WR. deion would allow plays and make plays, opposing QBs would attack Deion, they rarely go near revis.
    Revis was nowhere near the cover corner Deion was...look at the stats man. All corners allow catches. Revis got beat by Stevie Johnson last year for a 100 yd game for example. Just a little snippet of Deion's career:

    • 1995 -- 16-for-47, 158 yards, 0 TD (9 games)
    • 1996 -- 22-for-46, 225 yards, 0 TD (16 games)
    • 1997 -- 12-for-39, 159 yards, 0 TD (13 games)
    • 1998 -- 20-for-42, 198 yards, 0 TD (11 games)


    That is 40.2% completion and ZERO tds in 49 games. Throw in 11 Ints and 2 tds. It is easy to see who the better cover corner is....and it is not Revis. A play maker is not someone who can cover....it is someone who is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Deion was that...Revis is not. Again the ONLY thing Revis does better is tackle. On all other levels, he is nowhere the cb that Deion was. Sorry to ruin your friday.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,927
    vCash:
    18954
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Revis was nowhere near the cover corner Deion was...look at the stats man. All corners allow catches. Revis got beat by Stevie Johnson last year for a 100 yd game for example. Just a little snippet of Deion's career:

    • 1995 -- 16-for-47, 158 yards, 0 TD (9 games)
    • 1996 -- 22-for-46, 225 yards, 0 TD (16 games)
    • 1997 -- 12-for-39, 159 yards, 0 TD (13 games)
    • 1998 -- 20-for-42, 198 yards, 0 TD (11 games)


    That is 40.2% completion and ZERO tds in 49 games. Throw in 11 Ints and 2 tds. It is easy to see who the better cover corner is....and it is not Revis. A play maker is not someone who can cover....it is someone who is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Deion was that...Revis is not. Again the ONLY thing Revis does better is tackle. On all other levels, he is nowhere the cb that Deion was. Sorry to ruin your friday.
    where are these #s from? how about some context and posting similar #s for Revis?

    and revis didn't give up 100 yds to Johnson, he allowed 75 in one of the worst games he has played in the last few years(I think THE worst).


    We don't know Revis or Deion covered for every play but revis follows the #1 around so in most cases we can see opposing #s from WRs. did deion always follow the 31 around? if so Jerry Rice used to destroy his Falcon teams so he must not have done a good job, Michael Irvin had big games against Atl and SF '94(12 recs for 192 yds and 2 TDs in title game at SF- where was Deion?- revis held Reggie wayne to 1 cathc for 1 yd in the '10 WC game, in 2 career postseason games against Wayne he held him to 4 recs COMBINED).
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    Noodleman's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2004
    Posts:
    699
    vCash:
    1060
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    where are these #s from? how about some context and posting similar #s for Revis?

    and revis didn't give up 100 yds to Johnson, he allowed 75 in one of the worst games he has played in the last few years(I think THE worst).


    We don't know Revis or Deion covered for every play but revis follows the #1 around so in most cases we can see opposing #s from WRs. did deion always follow the 31 around? if so Jerry Rice used to destroy his Falcon teams so he must not have done a good job, Michael Irvin had big games against Atl and SF '94(12 recs for 192 yds and 2 TDs in title game at SF- where was Deion?- revis held Reggie wayne to 1 cathc for 1 yd in the '10 WC game, in 2 career postseason games against Wayne he held him to 4 recs COMBINED).
    Rice had some great games against Deion but you are talking about the best player to play that position in the history of the game. It is obvious that you are not being realistic so this argument is pointless. There really is no comparison between the two. One is considered the best ever at his position while one is considered the best at his position right now. Deion had 53 career ints. Lets let Revis get in the HoF before this argument please. I can think of another td that Moss scored on Revis and of course the Ginn td. ALL corners get beat man!
    Btw, just found that NFL.com named Sanders #34 on NFL's Top 100 list released in late 2010. Not sure Revis is on that list or would be now even.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,927
    vCash:
    18954
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    Rice had some great games against Deion but you are talking about the best player to play that position in the history of the game. It is obvious that you are not being realistic so this argument is pointless. There really is no comparison between the two. One is considered the best ever at his position while one is considered the best at his position right now. Deion had 53 career ints. Lets let Revis get in the HoF before this argument please. I can think of another td that Moss scored on Revis and of course the Ginn td. ALL corners get beat man!
    Remove Rice but Michael Irvin(as great as he was) wasn't Calvin or Andre Johnson and he had big games against Deion's teams(again, I don't know if deion was on him all game but I know Revis would be).

    Revis dominated Moss, Moss made one play against him when Revis pulled his hamstring in early '10.

    all corners get beat w/o a doubt but no one gets beat less than revis.

    Revis has to keep this up for years to really catch Deion and others all time but I have never seen a better cover corner. Maybe I am biased but if he isn't the best he's in the conversation.

    revis was a rookie in '07, of course he's not going to make a top 100 list based on 3 years of his career.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    Noodleman's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2004
    Posts:
    699
    vCash:
    1060
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Remove Rice but Michael Irvin(as great as he was) wasn't Calvin or Andre Johnson and he had big games against Deion's teams(again, I don't know if deion was on him all game but I know Revis would be).

    Revis dominated Moss, Moss made one play against him when Revis pulled his hamstring in early '10.

    all corners get beat w/o a doubt but no one gets beat less than revis.

    Revis has to keep this up for years to really catch Deion and others all time but I have never seen a better cover corner. Maybe I am biased but if he isn't the best he's in the conversation.

    revis was a rookie in '07, of course he's not going to make a top 100 list based on 3 years of his career.
    We can agree to disagree. When Revis hits the hall of fame, I will be more apt to listen to the comparison. Til then, if I had a choice between the two I would take Deion every day and twice on sundays. I would venture to guess that the majority of people would do the same.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Bush questionable for sunday?
    By phinatic1399 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 12:01 AM
  2. ricky is questionable for sunday
    By Daytona Fin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 08:46 PM
  3. Ed Reed Questionable for Sunday
    By PhinsPhan122 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 12:03 AM
  4. LT questionable for sunday
    By fins1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 11:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •