Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, I broke down and bought a 360.

1. -1
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

So, I broke down and bought a 360.

I already got The Witcher 2 and Skyrim for it. Are there any other 360 exclusive RPGs anyone recommends?

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mass Effect series.

First game wasnt available for PS3. Seeing as how the choices you make in the first one directly influence the other 2 games it was kind of a blow to Bioware when they werent allowed to release it for the other systems(Microsoft held onto it tightly).
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Mass Effect series.

First game wasnt available for PS3. Seeing as how the choices you make in the first one directly influence the other 2 games it was kind of a blow to Bioware when they werent allowed to release it for the other systems(Microsoft held onto it tightly).
    I may do that. I still haven't played any of the Mass Effect games.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tales of Vesperia
    Lost Odyssey
    Blue Dragon (really hit or miss, i enjoyed it but a lot of others didn't)
    Star Ocean
    Fable 2 and 3
    Dragon Age
    Eternal Sonata
    Dead Island
    Infinite Undiscovery

And obviously, the Mass Effect series. Spesh is right on, it's an amazing trilogy.

Add me if you ever wanna do some gaming man. GT is Ephemeral Locke

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Tales of Vesperia
    Lost Odyssey
    Blue Dragon (really hit or miss, i enjoyed it but a lot of others didn't)
    Star Ocean
    Fable 2 and 3
    Dragon Age
    Eternal Sonata
    Dead Island
    Infinite Undiscovery

And obviously, the Mass Effect series. Spesh is right on, it's an amazing trilogy.

Add me if you ever wanna do some gaming man. GT is Ephemeral Locke
    I might. Do you have to pay for an Xbox Live account to download DLC or updates or is there like a free limited version?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I might. Do you have to pay for an Xbox Live account to download DLC or updates or is there like a free limited version?
    I'm sure you can download stuff you want with a Silver account. I think Gold is only for playing with friends, accessing the applications, etc...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I may do that. I still haven't played any of the Mass Effect games.
    Im a unredeemable fan boy for the series so anything i'd say would be completely biased, but the ability to craft an RPG's enviroment across multiple games is a unique experience and results in the most personal trilogy ever.
    That said, despite both being RPG's, it cant be more different from Skyrim. As you know, Skyrim is a fantasy setting, open-world, first person view(at least its designed more for first person despite having a third person view option) game. ME trilogy is sci-fi, has a stronger focus on following the story, and third person view. If you want the option of randomly wandering a mountain, ME isnt for you. As someone who doesnt like the fantasy genre(with exceptions such as Game of Thrones) and gets lost in open world games, i only got 35 hours or so into Skyrim and havent had the will power to throw it back in the 360. Yet ive done 3 complete run-throughs(doing every single side quest in every game, linking my unique choices for that run-through along the way) of the ME series, each run-through costing me 150 hours of my life. This doesnt include the 4 or 5 characters i have waiting to be linked into the third game.

I havent played alot of RPGs for the 360, or the ones i have werent memberable so i couldnt recommend them, so Locke's list is probably the one to run with. I have played Dead Island though and its very enjoyable, wrote about it here:

http://www.finheaven.com/show...post1064044669

And unredeemable fan boy moment, trailer someone rigged up for the series(only real spoiler is from the first game...and gets spoiled if youve even seen a commercial for the sequels):

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I'm sure you can download stuff you want with a Silver account. I think Gold is only for playing with friends, accessing the applications, etc...
    This.

At various times ive been without "Gold" status and been able to download DLCs and patches without any problems. Unless they've changed it recently you should be fine.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Im a unredeemable fan boy for the series so anything i'd say would be completely biased, but the ability to craft an RPG's enviroment across multiple games is a unique experience and results in the most personal trilogy ever.
    That said, despite both being RPG's, it cant be more different from Skyrim. As you know, Skyrim is a fantasy setting, open-world, first person view(at least its designed more for first person despite having a third person view option) game. ME trilogy is sci-fi, has a stronger focus on following the story, and third person view. If you want the option of randomly wandering a mountain, ME isnt for you. As someone who doesnt like the fantasy genre(with exceptions such as Game of Thrones) and gets lost in open world games, i only got 35 hours or so into Skyrim and havent had the will power to throw it back in the 360. Yet ive done 3 complete run-throughs(doing every single side quest in every game, linking my unique choices for that run-through along the way) of the ME series, each run-through costing me 150 hours of my life. This doesnt include the 4 or 5 characters i have waiting to be linked into the third game.

I havent played alot of RPGs for the 360, or the ones i have werent memberable so i couldnt recommend them, so Locke's list is probably the one to run with. I have played Dead Island though and its very enjoyable, wrote about it here:

http://www.finheaven.com/show...post1064044669

And unredeemable fan boy moment, trailer someone rigged up for the series(only real spoiler is from the first game...and gets spoiled if youve even seen a commercial for the sequels):

See, I love my RPGs being in medieval times. My favorite game of all time is still Final Fantasy IV.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    See, I love my RPGs being in medieval times. My favorite game of all time is still Final Fantasy IV.
    Cant argue taste i suppose. Medieval genre just doesnt do it for me and a good majority of RPG games are that sort of setting. Good sci-fi RPGs are a minority in my opinion, which undoubtably lead to my love affair with Mass Effect. Or perhaps Bioware in general, as i swooned over Kotor and even Dragon Age Origins.

By all means its your call, but Mass Effect is worth at least researching. If nothing else, transfering choices from game to game is unique.
    Quote Quote