* The Jets currently lead the all-time series 48-44-1, but the Dolphins have won five of the past seven matchups. The Dolphins are coming off a 35-13 win over Oakland and the Jets are coming off a 27-10 loss to Pittsburgh.
* Several Jets have Dolphins ties: Offensive coordinator Tony Sparano
was Miami’s head coach; offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo
held the same job in Miami under Sparano; starting safety Yeremiah Bell
spent his entire 9-year career with Miami until being cut this past offseason; receiver Clyde Gates
was Miami’s fourth-round draft pick in 2011; special teams coach Mike Westhoff
held the same role in Miami for 15 seasons.
* Through two games, the Dolphins are fourth in the NFL in total rushing yards allowed (106) and first in average yards allowed per attempt (2.2).
* The Dolphins will likely play without defensive tackle Tony McDaniel
(knee) and receiver Marlon Moore
(hamstring). Running back Daniel Thomas
(concussion) will return after missing last week’s game. For the Jets, Darrelle Revis
(concussion) will return to the lineup.
* Reggie Bush
, last week’s AFC Offensive Player of the Week, is second in the NFL in rushing yards (241) and total yards from scrimmage (314).
* The Dolphins have just one takeaway in two games and have not recovered a fumble. Overall, the Dolphins’ defense has recovered just three fumbles in its last 18 games.
* Jets starting running back Shonn Greene
has 117 rushing yards on just 3.1 yards per carry, and the Jets overall are only averaging 3.6 yards per carry. Tim Tebow
has carried just six times for 33 yards in two games, and has not thrown a pass.