Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

It’s not a theory, it’s a convention and Einstein did not reject the idea at all, he simply chose to go with a velocity based convention rather than a position based convention; both of the two conventions work fine. The position based convention has actually been used in the secular literature before; it’s not that extreme of an idea.

You’re going to have to be more specific, the only verse I am aware of with the word “Unicorn” is in Job and it’s usually translated as “Wild Ox” in most English translations and not unicorn. It’s not referring to the magical white horse with a single horn, we know that.

Any large reptile can be referred to as a dragon, so the writers of scriptures use the term to most likely refer to any number of dinosaurs that used to be around (The Chinese still refer to dinosaurs as dragons). The term dragon is used most often in the books of Daniel and Revelation where it’s a metaphor for Satan. I see no problem with Giants in the Bible either, especially given the fact that their heights were realistic (somewhere between 7 and 9 feet tall).

Where did I say that? I said that you can’t use science to validate scripture because science is fallible and scripture is infallible. There’s plenty of scientific evidence that is consistent with scripture, but a person shouldn’t use it to validate scripture, rather scripture validates our use of science. If the God of scripture didn’t exist we wouldn’t be able to do science because we couldn’t use inductive reasoning.
Never said it was an extreme idea... It's just rejected by the overwhelming majority of physicists. Einstein did not accept the convention in any way, shape, or form. He did reject dogmatic religion and would have laughed at the YE movement.

Seven feet tall giants- how do you figure?

Dragons meant dinosaurs... It probably did but only because people had unearthed dinosaur fossils and had no scientific explanations. Too bad Noah didn't like velociraptors.

Scripture is infallible? Really?

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent."

"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel."

“Do not allow a sorceress to live.”

And so on and so on.