Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: NFL Statement regarding Garbage call..

  1. -1
    phinfanNY08's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,113
    vCash:
    1193
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Breaking NFL Statement regarding Garbage call..

    http://on.nfl.com/LeagueStatement

    I cannot for the life of me understand why they won't admit that call was horrible. I would like them to show where the catch was made by both players all the way through to the ground. I am appalled that this league we all love are blatantly calling all of us idiots. I would lose my mind if this happened to Miami. Not only does it damage the leagues reputation but now conspiracy theories are coming in regarding Vegas swing bets. I love that this sport now has become like boxing.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Sopwith Camel Pilot

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,467
    vCash:
    8126
    Loc:
    Aviano, Italy
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They admitted the ref missed the PI call on Tate but you didn't really expect Goodell to admit to a mistake, especially in lieu of the ref lockout did you?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    11,005
    vCash:
    4293
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the NFL admits they are wrong and the replacement refs were wrong it strengthens the case in favor of the regular NFL referees.
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    4,263
    vCash:
    2682
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfanNY08 View Post
    http://on.nfl.com/LeagueStatement

    I cannot for the life of me understand why they won't admit that call was horrible. I would like them to show where the catch was made by both players all the way through to the ground. I am appalled that this league we all love are blatantly calling all of us idiots. I would lose my mind if this happened to Miami. Not only does it damage the leagues reputation but now conspiracy theories are coming in regarding Vegas swing bets. I love that this sport now has become like boxing.
    In other words, the officials blew the call. NFL office confirms that the simultaneous possession issue was reviewable, and Jennings, not Tate, CLEARLY had possession. They blew it. At least the NFL acknowledged Tate's mauling/passing interference during the play. Imo Tate came accross as looking awful at the end of the game, trying to look the part of the hero and lying blatantly about the PI shove off. I wasn't crazy about Pete Carroll either, although I never liked him. He was full of it, too. But Tate- flat out liar.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    phinfanNY08's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,113
    vCash:
    1193
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    They admitted the ref missed the PI call on Tate but you didn't really expect Goodell to admit to a mistake, especially in lieu of the ref lockout did you?
    Not at all, but what it boils down to is now these refs are going to be so indecisive these games are going to be awful. The once "protect the shield and the integrity of the game" has been thrown out the window with this statement. The integrity of this game is tarnished and fans/players/coaches who are paid to play this game are now being put in harms way. From no calls (Heyward-Bey) to length of time it takes to complete a game (Jets-Phins).
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,061
    vCash:
    1994
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    The NFL will avoid wherever possible admission of a bad call that quite literally changed the game outcome.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    MP-Omnis's Avatar
    Tie your shoes, god damn it.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2009
    Posts:
    3,001
    vCash:
    3666
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even NFL Network won't admit it. Instead, they just say, "Oh, he should have batted it down!"

    Everything associated with the league is going downhill fast. I probably won't even watch that crap anymore-- they don't even give teams a fair shake.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,312
    vCash:
    6398
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, they did admit the offensive PI and that the game should have ended.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    phinfanNY08's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,113
    vCash:
    1193
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MP-Omnis View Post
    Even NFL Network won't admit it. Instead, they just say, "Oh, he should have batted it down!"

    Everything associated with the league is going downhill fast. I probably won't even watch that crap anymore-- they don't even give teams a fair shake.
    Can't watch an NFL bias channel such as the network. Every other sports network, ESPN especially is basically ripping the league apart. I applaud Gruden and Tirico for stating in the midst of all this, that this call was appauling and the worst call made in history of the game. Gruden said the last two penalties were, the obvious offensive PI that was called Defensive. What a joke...
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    1,165
    vCash:
    1975
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Better the Packers than the Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. 3-4 garbage
    By Heinegrabber in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 12:42 PM
  2. Garbage
    By phishinphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 06:05 PM
  3. garbage
    By foozool13 in forum SPAM
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 11:51 PM
  4. Look at this garbage
    By LtDan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •