Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slimm's Underrated Prospects (Underclassman)

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Justin Jones is 6'8 257 pounds... If his 40 time is good he will go early just because his size!

By the way he is just about the same size as Lebron of course Lebron has more muscle though but thats still ridiculous.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphinator530 View Post
    Slimm would you consider Swope a underrated guy? Do you see him as a definite target maybe with one of our 2nd rounders or will he not even make it THAT far?

Personally I see Jordy Nelson in him and well Philbin having Nelson and both our OC and QB are very familiar with him makes me think they are all over him. I know we need a boundary guy do you see us trying to get him as well because you cannot have too many receivers in this league.

It would be pretty difficult for me to find Swope as an underrated receiver. It has nothing to do with his talent, but everybody knows about him. He's mentioned a lot around here specifically.

I don't think Swope is an overrated player, but I think it's possible that he gets a little overrated here.

I certainly wouldn't be suprised to see him end up in a Dolphin uniform simply because of his familiarity with Sherman's offense and Tannehill inparticular. However, Swope has probably struggled the most out of the aTm receivers in adjusting to Coach Sumlin's offense. The two freshman, Mike Evans and Thomas Johnson, are ahead of where Swope is in terms of Sumlin's offense.

Sumlin's offense is based more off the 4-verticals concept that's typical of spread offenses with it's roots in the Run-and-Shoot as opposed to Sherman's west coast principles.

I don't necessarily see Jordy Nelson qualities within Swope because he's not quite as big, fast, or athletic as Nelson was. The thing that I always liked about Swope was his consistency in Sherman's offense, although he's not quite as comfortable in Sumlin's. He had good chemistry with Tannehill in Sherman's offense particularly when it came to broken plays. He would always work back towards Tannehill, or separate vertically to create big plays.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice to see Jordan Reed on that list, I'm at bit biased being a gators fan but this guy could solve a big need for us and with the plethora of 2nd's and 3rd's we have t his year, we could be in the ideal spot to pick him up.

His stock may rise though if the Gators win it all. Florida has some really good talent coming out this year, some nice fits for the fins too.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love Jordan Reed. Solid athlete, but his game definitely needs a little polishing, particularly blocking. I don't see much reason for him to leave early which is fine by me.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Slimm I was reading ESPN's early look at the 2013 draft and they mention a couple of sleepers. One is Anthony Barr from UCLA who's 6'4" 235 lbs and has 12 sacks...and the other is a LT from Central Michigan by the name of Eric Fisher who is 6'7" 305 lbs and a senior. I did some research and it seems he's climbing up boards pretty quickly, some have him as a late first round-early second round prospect...it's the first I've heard of him. Have you seen this kid play?

Who is the biggest sleeper on your board right now?

Kiper: For just "pure sleeper" in the sense of a guy nobody has seen, I'll go with Eric Fisher of Central Michigan, who could be starting for someone at tackle next season. I wanted to highlight him on a "SportsCenter" segment the other day and we had trouble finding enough tape. He's a guy that many haven't seen, but the MAC always has talent. Currently, he's No. 21 on my Big Board.

The other kind of sleeper for me is a player who nobody had rated high at the outset of the year but has totally exploded as a prospect. On defense, start with Anthony Barr, a pass-rusher from UCLA. This is a kid who was a fullback last year who wasn't really going anywhere. The coaches, to their credit, flipped him to the defensive side of the ball and he's been an absolute terror as a pass-rusher. After one year on defense, he could be drafted in the top 15 to play more of it come April. Right now, Barr is No. 13 on my Big Board.

On offense, go with Cordarelle Patterson of Tennessee. A wide receiver, he was highly regarded in junior college. In his first game of D-I college football, he went crazy against NC State. He has averaged 17 yards a catch and has star potential if he can develop technically. He's currently No. 10 on my Big Board and the No. 1 wide receiver prospect.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...now-2013-draft
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Slimm I was reading ESPN's early look at the 2013 draft and they mention a couple of sleepers. One is Anthony Barr from UCLA who's 6'4" 235 lbs and has 12 sacks...and the other is a LT from Central Michigan by the name of Eric Fisher who is 6'7" 305 lbs and a senior. I did some research and it seems he's climbing up boards pretty quickly, some have him as a late first round-early second round prospect...it's the first I've heard of him. Have you seen this kid play?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...now-2013-draft

Absolutely I've seen a lot of both. I think Eric Fisher is the best Senior tackle in the class, which you'll find in the thread where I made my November rankings for Seniors. He reminds me a little bit of Joe Staley when he came out of Central Michigan, except better. I believe the Chippewas have two of the more underrated Senior prospects in this entire class. One being Fisher, the other being safety Jahleel Addae, who I'm convinced is the most athletic safety I've seen. Jake Olson at right tackle is a good player too.

Barr was playing runningback his first two years at UCLA and just switched to the defensive side of the ball this year. He's produced from the linebacker position, but it came after I made this thread, which is based off what I've seen of their sophomore tape. Obviously Barr playing linebacker hadn't happened yet.

Lastly, I do agree with Mel regarding Cordarrelle Patterson. He's going to be the #1 WR on my board if he enters the draft. It's a possibility he's not going to have the grades to return to Tennessee. Entering the draft will be the only option that makes sense. He can't go back to JUCO, it's only for freshman/sophomores.
    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 11-28-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post

Safety:

Nickoe Whitley - Mississippi St.

Matt Elam - Florida

Lamarcus Joyner - Florida St.

Ahmad Dixon - Baylor

Hakeem Smith - Louisville

C.J. Barnett - Ohio St.

Isaiah Lewis - Michigan St.
    I would not call Elam as underrated. There is more than one service that rates him as the 1-2 safety if he decides to leave UF.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    I would not call Elam as underrated. There is more than one service that rates him as the 1-2 safety if he decides to leave UF.

Obviously. Of course he's not underrated anymore, but he was prior to the season. I've talked about how underrated I felt Elam was prior to the season going all the way back to July, and believed he was ready to put it on display as a Junior and become one of the elite defenders in the SEC....

http://www.finheaven.com/show...lassman)/page4

Now that he's gone out and proven that by having dominant performances inside the SEC on his way to leading Florida to a top 5 defense, they're beginning to see how good he really is. He was a great player last year as a sophomore despite Florida's defense not being nearly as good. His dedication to film study was going to allow him to go from being an extremely solid, assignment sound player, to being an elite player.

All the "services" you're reading were most likely hyping up liabilities such as T.J. McDonald as premier players circa the time period I was attempting to direct attention towards where the real talent lies.

Elam isn't underrated anymore, and they're a little late in my estimation.
    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 11-28-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Absolutely I've seen a lot of both. I think Eric Fisher is the best Senior tackle in the class, which you'll find in the thread where I made my November rankings for Seniors. He reminds me a little bit of Joe Staley when he came out of Central Michigan, except better. I believe the Chippewas have two of the more underrated Senior prospects in this entire class. One being Fisher, the other being safety Jahleel Addae, who I'm convinced is the most athletic safety I've seen. Jake Olson at right tackle is a good player too.

Barr was playing runningback his first two years at UCLA and just switched to the defensive side of the ball this year. He's produced from the linebacker position, but it came after I made this thread, which is based off what I've seen of their sophomore tape. Obviously Barr playing linebacker hadn't happened yet.

Lastly, I do agree with Mel regarding Cordarrelle Patterson. He's going to be the #1 WR on my board if he enters the draft. It's a possibility the he's not going to have the grades to return to Tennessee. Entering the draft will be the only option that makes sense. He can't go back to JUCO, it's only for freshman/sophomores.
    I saw a little bit of highlight tape from one of Eric Fisher's games against Michigan State. Pretty good feet, good punch, plays with good bend...looks athletic enough to play in the ZBS. If the juniors come out (Luke Joeckel, Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan) where would you put Fisher among them?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Behind Joeckel as the #2 tackle in the draft... right there in the neighborhood with Jake Matthews. I suspect Matthews can play left tackle. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed another year just to switch over the left side to prove it if Joeckel moves on.

As an aside, I think Jeff Nady for Nevada is a really underrated player that I may be higher on than most.
    Quote Quote