Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: I am forever the optimist.... for instance this game with Arizona...

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I am forever the optimist.... for instance this game with Arizona...

First off...Arizona is eons ahead of Miami on offense/defense.....they went on the road and took out a premiere team then came home and clobbered one of the SB favorites.....now they have to get it up to take on a 1-2 team that doesn't look like its going anywhere followed by a short week and then taking on a division foe on Thursday night....this is a classic trap game and I wouldn't be surprised if Miami screws around and beat these guys...after all...Miami is only a 6 point dog in this game...
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Donut Enthusiast

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Arizona is a mirage, they arent 3-0 good. We have a shot in this game.
    Watch me jiggle all the way to the DWTS finals!

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I feel the same way, lots of emotions went into those first three weeks. I also feel they are sort of a mirage. Defensively they are great, Offensively? Meh, they have weapons but the QB situation is bonkers. Honestly, if we have a guy like Fitz I think Tanne would look amazing
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    Best defense in the league right now. If Reggie doesn't play, I don't think we have a shot.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    AZ isn't eons ahead. They have played great D, and been opportunistic with turnovers. Their offense sucks. I'd expect this game to be close. If it were at Miami I'd say we have a 60/40 chance to win.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: I am forever the optimist.... for instance this game with Arizona...

Quote Originally Posted by olivadotti View Post
    First off...Arizona is eons ahead of Miami on offense/defense.....they went on the road and took out a premiere team then came home and clobbered one of the SB favorites.....now they have to get it up to take on a 1-2 team that doesn't look like its going anywhere followed by a short week and then taking on a division foe on Thursday night....this is a classic trap game and I wouldn't be surprised if Miami screws around and beat these guys...after all...Miami is only a 6 point dog in this game...
    They're buffalo bills good....like win six games then lose the rest good.

On a side note ill be there Sunday! go fins!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Who pissed in your kool aide?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MiZFiT View Post
    Best defense in the league right now. If Reggie doesn't play, I don't think we have a shot.

Their pass rush and secondary are among the top, but they have allowed 170 yards per game rushing. Our biggest chance to win is the combo of Reggie - Lamar, we need to attack their weakness with our biggest strength...our elite run game against their dismal run defense...we match up perfectly in that aspect, and the only challenge our D will face is Fitz, AZ's O-Line is nothing to be proud of.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes, we do have a chance here, my concern is our secondary against very good receivers, is their strength on offense and our weakness on defense, sadly we depend on how accurate is Cards QB during the game, because he is going to have a wide open receivers all game long. Is curious how everything change so fast, it was a very winnable game starting the season, now, is like we have a chance, I'd like to see an non very conservative offense, we need to keep our D fresh; short passed moving chains and non obvious run plays, keep their D guessing and play smart with the football, they like to go for the football every play, we need to keep it safe every single play Offense as well.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Dawn of a new era

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Newport News,Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we are not beating arizona
    In his office Friday afternoon, Philbin pointed to the practice fields outside and said: "Out there is where we're going to find out about Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore and David Garrard. I don't remember a master plan that said, 'Here's when Ryan's going to play.' If there is one, I was never told about it. We'll let them come to work, and the best man will win."'
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think this is a very winnable game. This is going to come down to the defenses. Both a stellar. But I don't believe they're as good as Houston, and we were in that game until we beat ourselves.

Kolb has a 108 passer rating, but the guy has passed for the least yards in the league and has only as many attempts as Tannehill has completions. Tells you something.

It's gonna be an old school football pounding the rock, which we can win.
    Quote Quote