Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Statement regarding Garbage call..

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ny8123 View Post
    if the nfl admits they are wrong and the replacement refs were wrong it strengthens the case in favor of the regular nfl referees.
    this....
    --==\ JMarino /==--
    www.tecmosb.com
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The league issued this statement because it isn't going to budge in the negotiations with the referees. It won't budge until ratings and attendance plummet -- which I'm sure they won't.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's my thing , I don't feel sorry for Greenbay one bit. When we got screwed by the Steelers a while back why wasn't it this type of commotion , and the real refs screwed us. Stop crying you lost deal with it. It will never be perfect game calling even if the old refs come back.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Davie, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoDolphin
    Jim1..which there was a thanks twice button....feel the same way as you!
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfanNY08 View Post
    http://on.nfl.com/LeagueStatement

I cannot for the life of me understand why they won't admit that call was horrible. I would like them to show where the catch was made by both players all the way through to the ground. I am appalled that this league we all love are blatantly calling all of us idiots. I would lose my mind if this happened to Miami. Not only does it damage the leagues reputation but now conspiracy theories are coming in regarding Vegas swing bets. I love that this sport now has become like boxing.
    It sounds to me that the NFL did admit the mistake: "While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game. It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay."

To me it sounds like the NFL is saying the game should have been over right there but the official didnt see it. Its pretty rare that the NFL even said that. They almost never comment on ref calls. As far as the review of that play went, the NFL is correct in that the PI was not reviewable. Tough **** for Green Bay, but the refs did follow the rules when reviewing replay.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yah well the favour swayed to the oficial refs any way you look at it - and the way the loast quarter was called against the OPACK one would think that a few refs were in on some gambling scheme - I mean wowo that roughing the passer that call on DB Shields was horrible considering the WR interdfered over the top and face masked Shields the blown call in the end zone was simply proving that something wa s up and GRUDEN even said that the game (not just that call) but the game was leaving a bad taste in his mouth
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    In memoriam

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mexico City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDolphin57 View Post
    Here's my thing , I don't feel sorry for Greenbay one bit. When we got screwed by the Steelers a while back why wasn't it this type of commotion , and the real refs screwed us. Stop crying you lost deal with it. It will never be perfect game calling even if the old refs come back.
    A thousand times this. So the "regular" refs screw up calls but they're OK, and these refs do the same and get crucified? Baloney. It's all because darling teams aren't getting their calls.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    The NFL will avoid wherever possible admission of a bad call that quite literally changed the game outcome.
    I have to give the league credit for owning up to the fact that the pass interference non call was botched- given that it wasn't reviewable, they could have side stepped the issue but they acknowledged it regardless. It was so blatantly obvious, even those refs shouldn't have missed it.

This may be overly critical, but I would have rather seen Russell Wilson refer to the play as "fortunate" or something like that rather than sing his own praises and those of Golden Tate. Tate was awful, playing the hero when he knw that he got away with not one but two fast ones on the play. And the push-off pass interference was flat out pre meditated cheating.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm okay with the call, but why isn't anyone saying Jennings should have batted the ball away.....?

And isn't there an unwritten rule that you don't throw a flag on the last play of the game unless it so blatant? (come-on-man, it was a jump ball.)

We've been ripped off many games throughout the years.

Like Shula once said, you can't worry about the calls, at the end of the day you hope it evens out.

d-1
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DB rule #1, Deeper than the deepest. If you are, you can't get pushed in the back.
    Quote Quote