Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cannabis & Coffee Aide Brain in Aging

1. -21
    If you ain't first, you're last!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    The "lazy" 7/11 workers would still be the "lazy" 7/11 worker without weed. Weed doesn't inhibit individuals from accomplishing significant feats. Technically there are different strains that have different effects on both the mind and body.

Its non-addictive. Non-dependable. Non-life threatening. -- All the things nicotine and alcohol are not.

Saying it is "stupid" and "childish" makes the one pointing the finger look just that.
    Last edited by MiZFiT; 10-09-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    "Fundamentals, technique, execution -- primary. Scheme -- secondary."

"We will incorporate an aggressive, up-tempo, attacking style in all three phases of the game."

"Our team will play with discipline, poise, and maximum effort."

"I want us to be the best tackling team in the NFL, the best team in pursuit, I want to take the ball away from other teams, I want to rattle the opposing quarterback every opportunity we get."

-- Joe Philbin 01/12

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    As some people in here may know, I am pretty fond of rum and whiskey. I always find it weird that I drink fairly regularly, probably a good bit more than an average person in the population, and almost nobody judges me for it since I get to work sober and on time, go to class, fulfill obligations and whatnot. Since it isnt a problem that hinders my functioning in society, everyone thinks its fine. And they are absolutely right. I just dont see why the same logic isnt applied to weed and people that smoke regularly. There are a lot more stigmas with smoking than drinking. I guess Im OK for it because weed never did charm me all that much, but I can see why those who enjoy doing it like to talk about and fight against the misconceptions.

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    9-7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Asheville, North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did you guys know anyone who drinks alchohol is an alchoholic? Did you know drinking makes everyone angry and lazy, not to mention it makes them beat their wife?

Why is there such a stigma with people who smoke weed? Doesn't seem to be the case about all the people who just "get a couple drinks" after work crowd...every.****ing.day. Makes me laugh but at the same time angry. I'm not a drinker at all really so what I do to relax or "wind down" is I smoke weed. Guess I'm a pothead? I don't drink coffee (drug whether you believe it or not - caffeine - ), I'd bet though I smoke enough cannabis to curb that though .

If people are lazy they are just lazy. Does say smoking some cannabis in the morning help? No, it doesn't, and it CAN make you lazy. This is why you don't usually smoke until after work, etc (tada, just like alchohol for most people).
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by overworkedirish View Post
    Damn slave-owning founding fathers.

Different time. What weed meant and signified to Thomas Jefferson and what it means and signifies to that 13-year-old smoking up behind his high school to 'look cool' is a world of difference. And I guarantee you that Jefferson would be against that. The fact that he and the 13-year-old share the same chemical reaction in their brain is irrelevant.

If Jefferson did in fact smoke "hemp", he was doing it as an adult and it wasn't illegal. Just because he was brilliant, doesn't mean he could not make bad choices too. If he was alive today, I doubt he would smoke at all, knowing the harm that smoke of any type can do to your lungs.

Sorry to enter the fray, but legalization is a bad move. I know it is gaining momentum in some states, but IMHO, it is not good for children or teens who will gain more access to it. Some can use and not abuse, while many cannot control it and it become addictive to them physically and socially.

It is better to live a clean existence. To each their own. Party hardy...dude!
    Quote Quote  

5. -25

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by LANGER72 View Post
    If Jefferson did in fact smoke "hemp", he was doing it as an adult and it wasn't illegal. Just because he was brilliant, doesn't mean he could not make bad choices too. If he was alive today, I doubt he would smoke at all, knowing the harm that smoke of any type can do to your lungs.

Sorry to enter the fray, but legalization is a bad move. I know it is gaining momentum in some states, but IMHO, it is not good for children or teens who will gain more access to it. Some can use and not abuse, while many cannot control it and it become addictive to them physically and socially.

I dont really buy the whole easier access thing. You have to be borderline retarded if you cant find weed right now as is. Only difference legalization makes is that youll at least know people are getting stuff thats not laced with chemicals or other drugs and dealing with questionable people.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Munchkin Land / Emerald C
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    As some people in here may know, I am pretty fond of rum and whiskey. I always find it weird that I drink fairly regularly, probably a good bit more than an average person in the population, and almost nobody judges me for it since I get to work sober and on time, go to class, fulfill obligations and whatnot. Since it isnt a problem that hinders my functioning in society, everyone thinks its fine. And they are absolutely right. I just dont see why the same logic isnt applied to weed and people that smoke regularly. There are a lot more stigmas with smoking than drinking. I guess Im OK for it because weed never did charm me all that much, but I can see why those who enjoy doing it like to talk about and fight against the misconceptions.
    Rum and Whisky? Just keep drinking my friend..and light up a few joints too..no one will ever know...
    I find it rather funny reading about the life experiences of twenty somethings.. you guys know everything...
    Quote Quote  

7. -27

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Rum and Whisky? Just keep drinking my friend..and light up a few joints too..no one will ever know...
    I find it rather funny reading about the life experiences of twenty somethings.. you guys know everything...
    I am in fact 20something, but how would you know that? Do only 20something year olds drink? I have a lot of friends that i drink with that are in their 30s and better and are quite successful by any measure. Admittedly most of my older friends dont smoke weed, but i think thats more of a result of the attitudes about weed changing from the time they were young.

Also i seldom smoke weed so not sure why you mockingly tell be to light up aother joint
    Last edited by tylerdolphin; 11-24-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Cannabis smoke is a heck of a lot different than tobacco smoke. It won't give you cancer, it wont give you brown lung. It might paralyze cilia temporarily, but you're not going to get any permanent lung damage from smoking cannabis. Also, cannabis can be ingested in other ways than being smoked. It can be vaporized, which causes absolutely no harm whatsoever, & can be made into edibles & eaten.

Furthermore, cannabis has absolutely no physically addictive properties. Nicotine is physically addictive, Alcohol is physically addictive, & many prescription legal drugs are extremely physically addictive like Xanax. Cannabis is absolutely not physically addictive.

You can make it case that it can be "psychologically addictive", but you can make that case with just about everything on the damn planet; from chocolate, to video games, to bowling. That doesn't mean we should out-law everything. I'm surprised many Republican's feel the way you feel about cannabis given the "don't baby society" attitude your party seems to display. "Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak because a baby can't chew it"- Mark Twain.

The fact of the matter is that drug-prohibition of any kind doesn't work. Go look at the alcohol prohibition, go look at the opium prohibition, go look at any prohibition in history; they don't work. A study was conducted saying most kids under 21 had an easier time buying illegal narcotics, than they did buying alcohol from a licensed establishment. They don't limit supply, nor consumption, & they make criminals of people who would otherwise be completely law-abiding citizens. Drugs should be a social/medical issue, not a criminal one.

I say this respectfully because I know you're coming from a place of concern, but you are on the wrong side of history on this matter.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Rob, is there any evidence smoking weed doesnt cause lung cancer? I just ask because Im somewhat skeptical that pulling smoke into a vital organ has no negaives.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Rob, is there any evidence smoking weed doesnt cause lung cancer? I just ask because Im somewhat skeptical that pulling smoke into a vital organ has no negaives.
    Go watch "The Union; The Business Behind Getting High". It's a great all around documentary about cannabis.

Short answer; No, cannabis doesn't cause cancer whatsoever. There's never been a single case of cannabis only smokers getting cancer, getting brown lung, getting emphysema, absolutely nothing.

Tobacco is so dangerous because of the 4,000 or so chemicals in it. Chemicals like formaldehyde, ammonia, tar, nicotine, arsenic, etc. Including all the insecticide, & pesticide that's used on them.

People now automatically associate any type of smoking with cancer when this simply isn't the case. Cannabis is about as benign a drug as possible.
    Quote Quote