Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFLRA & NFL close to deal, refs could be on field as early as this weekend

1. -1
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Breaking NFLRA & NFL close to deal, refs could be on field as early as this weekend

The NFL and the NFL Referees Association made enough progress in negotiations Tuesday night that the possibility of the locked-out officials returning in time to work this week's games has been discussed, according to sources on both sides.
    An agreement in principle is at hand, according to one source familiar to talks, although NFL owners have postured with a "no more compromise" stance.
    Although league sources said it would take a week to get the locked-out officials on the field, the NFLRA says its 121 referees have been trained on the new rules implemented last season, have already passed physicals or are prepared to pass physicals immediately. New official game uniforms designed by Nike are "hardly an obstacle," according to a source.
    Both sides have made concessions on previous sticking points such as a taxi squad of 21 new officials and pension plans that sources say the final meaningful hurdle is, as one source said, "about a little more money."
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8427652/locked-nfl-referees-return-early-week-sources

ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that an agreement between the NFL and NFLRA is at hand.

With a deal in principle reached Wednesday morning, the regular officials could be back as soon as this week. All it took was one of the worst calls in league history in front of a national audience on Monday Night Football. The issue will hopefully be put to bed now.

rotoworld.com
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I heard the ref's demands only would cost the NFL $3 million/year. That is such a small amount in a $9 billion business. I am sure Jerry Jones and the other big wig's could call their local bank and have them cut a check for this amount in five minutes flat. I think the refs want a guaranteed pension, and not just a 401K. Maybe just make the refs full-time year round employees. I think they make $150,000 as part-timers....that is great money for working just 16 to 20 games a year. I miss Ed Hochuli showing off his guns.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I heard the ref's demands only would cost the NFL $3 million. That is such a small amount in a $9 billion business.
    I know such a joke, the NFL grosses close to $10 billion and that number is growing but they cant afford pensions?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ahhh but the right call was made in the Packers/Hawks game.........sure, I'll believe ya when me **** turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Leave Users Titles Alone!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oneida County, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    F&%$ unions!! They are the reason we are in the economic situation this country finds itself...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    I know such a joke, the NFL grosses close to $10 billion and that number is growing but they cant afford pensions?
    The refs asking for a pension is a flat-out JOKE. What kind of successful business do you know just pisses away money?

These refs work PART-TIME and want a pension. A pension that THEY DON'T HAVE TO CONTRIBUTE TO.

Name a company that offers that for even FULL-TIME employee.

Yeah...I'll wait.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Every game is literally clown college! The scabs can barely tie their own shoes.
    The above post is not subject to penalty under the TOS I declare the Hayden Fox defense. " It is impossible for the staff to know my context therefore I cannot be penalized"

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    F&%$ unions!! They are the reason we are in the economic situation this country finds itself...
    that has nothing to do with this, some companies cant afford pensions anymore we all know that but a $10 billion a year empire definitely can, it's pennies.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinatic1399 View Post
    that has nothing to do with this, some companies cant afford pensions anymore we all know that but a $10 billion a year empire definitely can, it's pennies.
    Pennies lol. Please.

This pension demand is straight robbery. I can't believe it. NFL should Hollywood Hogan these clowns and tell them to, "STICK IT, BROTHER!"
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I think the replacement refs helped the Fins actually. lol.
    Quote Quote