Valandui's Weekly Music Video
Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
Before I clicked on the 1st link, I wondered to myself, How many reasons would I have to go until I find a wrong/dumb/ignorant reason. Turns out not very far. The first reason for Romney, "Romney believes in American Exceptionalism."
The first reason against Obama. Obama wants no part of bipartisan governance.
sorry. I want my phone. go obama.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered"Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
Most of you guys are proving my point about being in the minority on this forum. There is very little discourse on any of the topics. I do not feel as though I am "victim" or suffer from an "inferiority complex". It's just that you would think I am Jets fan when posting on here.
I am simply pointing out that these forums have become an echo-chamber for progressive sentiment. The few that don't fall in that category, fall in the apathetic category which likes neither (well you are going to have to vote for one or simply forfeit your right - I guess a write-in is in order).
No candidate is perfect, but seeing as how Progressive politics has done wonders here in my city of Los Angeles and my state California - I can't wait to see the aftermath of a whole country following suit. A whole of associates and friends have been laid off under these regimes (people with college degrees from prestigious). A lot of businesses are leaving. Mayor Villaraigosa, Governor Brown and President Obama don't have the answers. It's become fairly obvious.
I decided to only go over the first 10... many of you will likely lose interest and it likely won't be worth my time to do more than 10. I am looking for counter-examples show how Obama reached across the aisle or took ownership since that seems to be many of the criticisms made below.
1. Romney- “American Exceptionalism”
A proponent of American exceptionalism, Romney has consistently outlined a far tougher approach to the world than Obama has practiced. He has emphasized rewarding traditional allies such as Israel, punishing rather than cultivating difficult nations and embracing a possible military confrontation with Iran.
2. Romney has integrity/character – attack ads on Romney this election have been weak mainly talking about Bain Capital (like companies never lay people off) and leaving his dog on the roof
3. Turnaround Specialist – see Utah Winter Olympics/ Massachusetts (turned deficit into a surplus)
4. Obama – dismissive and arrogant
(Jan Brewer incident)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiDiHX50zT4 (Obama criticizes the Supreme Court)
5. Obama – partisan president – see Obamacare
6. Obama’s distaste of Paul Ryan – Obama’s body language is pretty dismissive of all the facts Ryan throws his way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxMZ1WdINs (cue 5:25)
7. Obama says “I won” – ie I don’t need to listen to you
^ what happened to reaching across the aisle
8. Obama attacks Roman Catholics - http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505267_1...tholic-church/ (Dolan speaks out)
9. Obama doesn’t accept responsibility –
OBAMA: Oh, I think that, you know, as President I bear responsibility for everything, to some degree…
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz27kzmZLBq
Look up any number of videos blaming Bush, the tea party or Conservative Obstructionists
10. Obama creates strawmen arguments – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Im5zHGLZx0
“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”
So hopefully I haven't wasted my time in posting this.
1. I fail to see how embracing a military confrontation with Iran is a reason to vote for Romney.
2. Are you saying that Romney has not attacked Obama in any of his ads? Off the top of my head, Romney ran an ad claiming Obama had eliminated the work for welfare program, even though it was thoroughly debunked that he had not, but instead he gave the states even more power to put such programs in place (something the GOP should be very happy about). Also, Romney has flipped his positions countless times. Is that what you call integrity?
3. I don't know the specifics regarding Massachusetts before and after Romney, so I'll give you this one.
4. This one just makes me laugh. There's a thin line between arrogance and confidence, so I'll leave that one alone. But dismissive?? I can't tell you how many times I heard in the healthcare debates, "I want to hear the Republican ideas, and if they're good I want them included in the bill." That's the complete opposite of dismissive. You do realize there is a difference between disagreeing and being dismissive?
5. You said "see Obamacare." How many Republican amendments are in the Healthcare bill? A gov't mandate was originally whose idea, GOP or Dem? You see right from the start he compromised with the GOP by not proposing a public option. Now you can argue that this reflects Obama being weak rather than Obama wanting to compromise, but you can't say he was partisan. Didn't he hold a discussion in which he invited many members across the aisle and gave them a chance to present their ideas? So he proposes a GOP idea despite campaigning on a more progressive idea (public option), includes GOP amendments (knowing that no Rep will vote for the bill), and then we call him partisan because the GOP refuses to vote for it. Everyone knew that no Republican would vote for the bill from day 1. How that makes Obama partisan is beyond me.
6. Whether or not this is even true, it's a pretty pathetic reason. Are you saying Romney loves every Dem?
7. I've already provided examples of Obama's willingness to listen to the GOP.
8. Roman Catholic Church...maybe, but Roman Catholics, no. Most Catholics ignore the church when it comes to birth control.
9. Even though I think that conservatives have made it their primary goal to obstruct Obama at every turn, I do believe that Obama does not take enough personal responsibility for the current state. Even if it's not your fault, a good leader always takes the blame when things go bad.
10. So are you and the radio host saying that Romney has never created strawmen arguments?
The economy is Obama's weakest point at the moment, regardless of whether it's all his doing. A good challenger would be going after that, not this exceptionalism and "Obama is arrogant" nonsense (Romney isn't arrogant? Bull****.). You want to know why it's hard to have a real conversation about this election? It's because of **** like this. My vote could go either way at this point, but what are some REAL reasons to vote for Romney? I care about the economy. I care about ensuring every single American (EVERY SINGLE ONE) has access to affordable healthcare. I care about getting us out of these expensive and pointless wars and not starting more. I don't think I'm in the minority in this. I also need more than "well, Romney isn't Obama." Actually, in the areas I care about, he IS Obama.
The corporations are the primary concern of both. Not me. Not the average American. Things I don't care about? Gay marriage. Abortion issues. Whether "god" is in the pledge of allegiance. Christmas. Building some useless wall on the border. Anything to do with any church. Phantom voter fraud. If he stuck to the economy and provided how he plans on fixing it rather than simply saying "I'm not Obama," he would have more than a chance at winning. Instead he's going to make me choose between his social views and Obama's, between the odds of going into more wars with him vs Obama. He's going to lose that battle. Hell, at this rate, I'm voting for Bill Clinton.
Obama is beatable, but if you are expecting to win with the rhetorical bull**** that makes up the top ten (can only imagine what the other 90 are), you are wasting your and everybody else's time.
And Republicans can't talk about being partisan. This Congress was a complete waste. They refused to work on ANYTHING bipartisan. Their sole goal wasn't the betterment of the American people, it was "stop any and everything the other side puts forth, no matter what it is." Hypocrites.
So, if you are going to come in here and spew the usual rhetorical B.S., you are going to be disappointed. But if you want to have a good discussion about stuff that actually matters, welcome! The more the merrier. It's unfortunate that several left because they could only rely on the former and didn't like it when they were challenged on it.
Really what irks me to no end is all we had to do to beat Obama was put someone out there that was a halfway competent campaigner. Romney is not a halfway competent campaigner. Obama was very beatable especially with unemployment still this high and so many of his promises he made in 2008 having gone unfullfilled. Instead they put a bland, boring, cookiecutter looking guy who no one in our own party is even sure of his conservative credentials (he held many opposing views during his time in as gov of Mass versus his campaign now).
I should have seen this coming when he attempted to make a $10000 bet with Rick Perry during one of the primary debates. Way to keep in touch with the average American there Mitt. Even Perry wasn't stupid enough to touch that comment, and that guy is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Insert pithy saying here.