Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67

Thread: 100 Reason To Vote For Mitt Romney Or Against Barack Obama

  1. -41
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,571
    vCash:
    3309
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    It is tough to tell the two candidates apart without visuals anyway. Obama has been an awful President, but has also been the best President since Eisenhower. Romney is one of the best Republican candidates in a while, but that is not really a ringing endorsement. Obama is going to win handily and nothing will change anyway, though.
    You know we do not always agree, but i always know you will give an honest answer, not like most of the partisan honks on most forums.

    It is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,571
    vCash:
    3309
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Theres a bit of a difference between an entire party and a individual politician. All parties continue to evolve because the world keeps evolving. That said, political convictions usually stay concrete for decades. Abortion rights for women have been largely defended by the left for at least 4 decades. Romney changed his view on that when it was convenient.



    You seem very annoyed at Democrats for the current attitudes towards foreign policy. Yes, Democrats actively preached about stopped the wars during Bush. Now they are quiet when Obama is in office. That said, we have been stopping the wars and our involvement in foreign affairs has been scaled back. That is fairly consistent with current democratic political goals. Libya was handled far differently then Republicans wanted. Syria has been handled far differently then Republicans have wanted. There is direction and degrees. The direction might be the same, but the degree is far different. The main party that wants a complete removal from the area is Libertarian...and im certain those followers would rather run into traffic before being labeled a democrat.
    I am probably not going to get you to admit that the "scale back" you are talking about does not exist. Bush would have gotten tired of beating up on the same country for so long too.

    I have the same view as Ralph Nader has, isn't he a liberal? He certainly does not think Obama is "scaling back" as you put it. I do not agree with him on a few things, but i have always admired that he is true to his beliefs, not a bought and paid for politician or one of the partisan hoards waiting to get their marching orders from Fox News or the Huff Post.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did you support the Iraq War?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,576
    vCash:
    1372
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I am probably not going to get you to admit that the "scale back" you are talking about does not exist. Bush would have gotten tired of beating up on the same country for so long too.

    I have the same view as Ralph Nader has, isn't he a liberal? He certainly does not think Obama is "scaling back" as you put it. I do not agree with him on a few things, but i have always admired that he is true to his beliefs, not a bought and paid for politician or one of the partisan hoards waiting to get their marching orders from Fox News or the Huff Post.
    Probably not. What Bush would have done or not done is irrelevant, under his watch American troops overthrew governments and held the security of those nations under our protection. Are you suggesting that American troops have not withdraw from the area? That there are more troops in Iraq now then when Bush was in office? That our involvement in Libya cost more than our involvements in Afghan and Iraq? Its possible im mistaken, so if so please show me where you got the numbers from.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,571
    vCash:
    3309
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    Did you support the Iraq War?
    As painful as the memory is, as i have said before, i was a republican at the start of the Iraq war. I was the only one of my friends that did not think it was a good idea, but i was not where i am today.

    Shortly after the start, the thought did cross my mind that i was wrong, but aside from that pretty much against it.

    I have changed my view on the Torture subject also, back when i took our foreign policy seriously, i thought it was a tool that may bare fruit, now i do not respect our foreign policy enough to think we have the right to torture anyone.

    And if i have not yet made it clear, i feel being anti war only when it serves your particular party is fairly disgusting.

    Changing your opinion can happen to anyone, happens to me all the time, i have a problem with the partisan way of doing it, means nothing, just a game.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,571
    vCash:
    3309
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Probably not. What Bush would have done or not done is irrelevant, under his watch American troops overthrew governments and held the security of those nations under our protection. Are you suggesting that American troops have not withdraw from the area? That there are more troops in Iraq now then when Bush was in office? That our involvement in Libya cost more than our involvements in Afghan and Iraq? Its possible im mistaken, so if so please show me where you got the numbers from.
    You are trying to get me into a black/white situation where one does not exist.

    Obama is very good on wording, he is a lawyer after all. One of the first things i remember hearing about him was that he didn't take money from lobbyists, which sounded really good, and on its surface was true, but when you look into it further, it was just BS.

    Obama wanted a headline that his minions could use endlessly, and you can see it at work here everyday.

    Did the war REALLY end in Iraq? How about Yemen? Libya?

    Back in January of 2010, Obama did something many would not give a second thought to, he broadened his war scope by declaring war on Al Qaeda. This was honestly brilliant (Axelrod probably) because it disconnected his war efforts from geography, and literally allowed him to do whatever he pleases in whatever country with that declaration to fall back on.

    The hard numbers, as far as troops in combat I am having trouble finding, i will continue looking, but the final part to my argument is his increase in the drone program. This program is going to hurt us for generations to come, and shows an obvious increase from the Bush era.

    I guess my point is, even after the war is over, it isn't over, they call it something else.

    Maybe 9954 can help with troop levels?
    Last edited by phinfan3411; 09-30-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    3,499
    vCash:
    3942
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    It is tough to tell the two candidates apart without visuals anyway. Obama has been an awful President, but has also been the best President since Eisenhower. Romney is one of the best Republican candidates in a while, but that is not really a ringing endorsement. Obama is going to win handily and nothing will change anyway, though.
    How's South Korea?
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    7,451
    vCash:
    24350
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    How's South Korea?
    They make good movies, that's all I know.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,576
    vCash:
    1372
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    You are trying to get me into a black/white situation where one does not exist.

    Obama is very good on wording, he is a lawyer after all. One of the first things i remember hearing about him was that he didn't take money from lobbyists, which sounded really good, and on its surface was true, but when you look into it further, it was just BS.

    Obama wanted a headline that his minions could use endlessly, and you can see it at work here everyday.

    Did the war REALLY end in Iraq? How about Yemen? Libya?

    Back in January of 2010, Obama did something many would not give a second thought to, he broadened his war scope by declaring war on Al Qaeda. This was honestly brilliant (Axelrod probably) because it disconnected his war efforts from geography, and literally allowed him to do whatever he pleases in whatever country with that declaration to fall back on.

    The hard numbers, as far as troops in combat I am having trouble finding, i will continue looking, but the final part to my argument is his increase in the drone program. This program is going to hurt us for generations to come, and shows an obvious increase from the Bush era.

    I guess my point is, even after the war is over, it isn't over, they call it something else.

    Maybe 9954 can help with troop levels?
    By no means, im not trying to make a black and white argument, im simply trying to understand what your specific objection is. Especially in this thread which is about "why to vote for" Romney.

    And yes, Obama is very good at wording, and hes sold himself to lobbyist. I have laughed at Romney/Ryan's efforts to suggest Obama is for gun control, because Obama is an absolute coward when it comes to standing up to lobbyist. I dont think anyone on here(forum not thread) has suggested otherwise.

    What about Yemen, Libya? I brought up Libya a few posts ago. Again, im not sure what your specific objection is towards. Obama supported the Libya citizens by shutting down air space and supplying their troops with weaponary. The casualty rates for our troops were none(none publically reported) and cost minimal. I personally view that as a much lesser evil compared to our involvement in Iraq and Afghan.

    Im sorry, im not certain what your specific disagreement is about. If ive suggested that our war efforts against terrorists were over, i apologize. I was posting concerning our troop levels, direct involvement, and nation building. My personal view is that we are in conflict with terrorists groups and not nations, therefore we should focus on special forces and other programs(such as drones).

    You asked me before on my stance with drones and i answered. I know it hurts us in future generations because we have created alot of enemies with those strikes. That said, Romney not only supports those strikes but wants to increase them and get involved with actually wars(i would define "wars" as the similar policies we pursued under Bush). Again, individual hypocracy is vastly different then political "concrete" convictions. Some party convictions have changed over decades as new information is discovered, Romney individual stances have changed depending on poll numbers.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,571
    vCash:
    3309
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    By no means, im not trying to make a black and white argument, im simply trying to understand what your specific objection is. Especially in this thread which is about "why to vote for" Romney.

    And yes, Obama is very good at wording, and hes sold himself to lobbyist. I have laughed at Romney/Ryan's efforts to suggest Obama is for gun control, because Obama is an absolute coward when it comes to standing up to lobbyist. I dont think anyone on here(forum not thread) has suggested otherwise.

    What about Yemen, Libya? I brought up Libya a few posts ago. Again, im not sure what your specific objection is towards. Obama supported the Libya citizens by shutting down air space and supplying their troops with weaponary. The casualty rates for our troops were none(none publically reported) and cost minimal. I personally view that as a much lesser evil compared to our involvement in Iraq and Afghan.

    Im sorry, im not certain what your specific disagreement is about. If ive suggested that our war efforts against terrorists were over, i apologize. I was posting concerning our troop levels, direct involvement, and nation building. My personal view is that we are in conflict with terrorists groups and not nations, therefore we should focus on special forces and other programs(such as drones).

    You asked me before on my stance with drones and i answered. I know it hurts us in future generations because we have created alot of enemies with those strikes. That said, Romney not only supports those strikes but wants to increase them and get involved with actually wars(i would define "wars" as the similar policies we pursued under Bush). Again, individual hypocracy is vastly different then political "concrete" convictions. Some party convictions have changed over decades as new information is discovered, Romney individual stances have changed depending on poll numbers.

    To be honest with you, and this is my fault, many times i get side tracked as far as the original post is. I read through the post, it may interest me, it may not, or i see an opinion i agree with, or one i do not, and i react.

    If you've taken my comments as support for Romney, that is not what I intended. I also cannot argue with you about Romney only furthering our current foreign policy, his only plus is that he is actually a unknown, and could surprise me...probably not though.

    What i was trying to explain, and doing it badly, even though it had nothing to do with the post is that as far as our aggressiveness in foreign policy, which i never thought to get any higher, managed to do so over the last 3 or so years, and that is ages away from what he campaigned on.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 07:05 PM
  2. Mitt Romney vs Barack Obama First Debate Preview
    By Dolphins9954 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2012, 08:58 AM
  3. Mitt Romney on war powers......
    By Dolphins9954 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 05:37 PM
  4. Mitt Romney Will Not Run For Re-Election
    By Blitz in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 05:39 AM
  5. Who's Mitt Romney?
    By spydertl79 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 02:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •