Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Brad Pitt goes public in support of American freedom to own guns

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Brad Pitt goes public in support of American freedom to own guns

Say what you will about his politics, Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt definitely believes in his First Amendment rights to freedom of speech and expression.

Oh, and he most definitely believes in his Second Amendment right to own a firearm.

Pitt recently put it out publicly that, for reasons known largely to him, he just doesn't "feel safe" without having a firearm handy. Moreover, he doesn't believe guns should be outlawed and is not supportive of any legislative or regulatory attempt to impede gun ownership, despite recent horrific massacres committed by crazies like the lunatic who killed and wounded dozens of moviegoers at a theater in Aurora, Colo., earlier this summer.

"I absolutely don't believe you can put sanctions or shackles on what is made. Nor do I want to pretend the world is different than what we witnessed that night," he told British entertainment magazine Live.

'In our DNA'

"America is a country founded on guns. It's in our DNA. It's very strange but I feel better having a gun. I really do. I don't feel safe, I don't feel the house is completely safe, if I don't have one hidden somewhere. That's my thinking, right or wrong," he said.

On a personal note, and on this particular issue, Brad Pitt could not be more right, but I digress.

"I got my first BB (air) gun when I was in nursery school. I got my first shotgun by first grade. I had shot a handgun by third grade and I grew up in a pretty sane environment," he continued. "I was in the U.K. when the shootings (in Colorado) happened and I did hear the discussion about gun control start again, and as far as I know, it petered out as it always does."

"It's just something with us. To turn around and ask us to give up our guns... I don't know, we're too afraid that we're going to give up ours and the bad guys are still going to get theirs," he said. "It's just in our thinking. I'm telling you, we don't know America without guns."

In keeping with his point of view, Pitt built his bride and fellow superstar Angelina Jolie an armory and shooting range at their home in southern France at a cost of about $400,000.

"I bought original, real guns of the type we used in 'Tomb Raider' for security," she told Britain's Daily Mail in 2008. "Brad and I are not against having a gun in the house, and we do have one. And yes, I'd be able to use it if I had to ... If anybody comes into my home and tries to hurt my kids, I've no problem shooting them."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/037275_Br...#ixzz27fvGxzlX

Now I like Brad even more.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Those damn hollywood libe....wait, what?

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Has anyone made any sort of serious attempt at restricting gun sales? The "talks" about gun control after Aurora were hilariously toothless. People talked about if they should talk about gun control.

I doubt this will come up again in the near future(relatively speaking, lets say 10 years) in any serious way. Obama has shown he is terrified of standing up to the gun lobbyist and if Romney(who signed a ban on assault rifles in Massachusetts) brings it up it will be political suicide.

About the only thing ive seen come up in any serious discussion is improved checks on gun sales to those who could be mentally unstable. And even that has been pretty quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I wish people understood this

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Earth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know if anyone saw it on Piers Morgan about a week ago but Jesse Ventura absoultley nailed it on gun laws.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Re: Brad Pitt goes public in support of American freedom to own guns

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect23 View Post
    I don't know if anyone saw it on Piers Morgan about a week ago but Jesse Ventura absoultley nailed it on gun laws.
    Had to stop watching piers. Can you summarize?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    I wish people understood this

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Earth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Had to stop watching piers. Can you summarize?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
    I don't watch his show all the time I just watch it when he's got a guest I like

I don't really want to mess with what he said but basically he said he thinks our gun laws are absoultly fine if a guy gets hit by a drunk driver and dies does his family call the car company and say that they want them to stop selling that brand of car there is alot more to it but I don't want to mince up his words to much.
    Quote Quote