Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walter Football 3 Round Mock

1. -11
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As long as Ireland isn't running our draft in 2013. He will bungle it again and we won't end up with players who can change the game. We can't afford to screw up next years draft with all the good picks we have.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    Here is my early take on things -

Round One - If Jarvis Jones is there when the Phins pick, you run to the podium and get him. If he is gone than I would go after WR Keenan Allen of Cal. Allen has nice size, speed and hands and could start right away and be our #1 WR.

Round Two - I think we need to look at upgrading our O-line, and getting a solid d-back so -
    2A - Tony Jefferson - S - Oklahoma
    2B - Johnathan Cooper - G - North Carolina

Round Three -
    3A - Ryan Swope - WR - Texas A&M
    3B - Dion Jordan - DE - Oregon
    No. No. No.

No.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Bjoern Werner is available when the Dolphins draft, they should snag him up. You can never have enough good people on your defensive line.

I just mainly want them to draft BPA. Hopefully we can land a receiver or two that can stretch the field, a starter at corner, an interior linebacker, and possibly a safety that could earn a starting job before it gets too late in the draft. Add some value offensive linemen later on and a QB, then I think we'll be fine.

I'm not too scared about drafting offensive linemen early as they're usually decent vets available in the off-season or late. Also, if Daniel Thomas doesn't improve by the end of the season I wouldn't mind us trying to find a better power back.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I don't understand the Jarvis Jones pick given the defense Miami is running.
    Walter Football and a few other draft sites question whether Jones would fit in a 3-4, but they also say Jones could be used like Von Miller and be moved around. Seems like more and more defenses are going to a hybrid of defenses, rather than going with a pure 3-4 or 4-3.

I watched the highlights of the West Virginia and Baylor game, and was really impressed with Geno Smith and all of the throws he made. But I want to see what he can do against better defenses before I jump on the Geno Bandwagon.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by studsatele View Post
    If we do end up picking top 3, whats your thoughts on drafting a QB?
    I wouldn't draft a QB, and depending on how the season goes for some teams, if we have a top 3 pick, I'm banking on a team wanting to make a move for Geno Smith.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Walter moved us up now given the performance over the weekend. Has us picking 8th and snagging Keenan Allen. Also has us getting John Cooper, Jordan Poyer and someone else. Site says he is doing his mock live now.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh, WF made our third-rounder Sharrif Floyd. So to re-cap: 1 WR, 1 G, 1 CB, 1 DT.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Helens, Or
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jones is a machine and will produce in any system. If he's there with our 1st I grab him. Then I take a look at best available CB, WR, and OL in that order. I'd love to go get a top WR but no one in the 1st is that much ahead of guys that will go in the 3rd, so let's wait. I'd really treasure a shut down corner.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Harry View Post
    Walter moved us up now given the performance over the weekend. Has us picking 8th and snagging Keenan Allen. Also has us getting John Cooper, Jordan Poyer and someone else. Site says he is doing his mock live now.
    unless we are getting rid of Incognito (which is possible) I don't see us going guard that early.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Chambers, I certainly see Incognito gone this year, he's so stiff and not athletic enough, and is playing out off position anyways.

I see a true LG coming in the draft but likely after the 3rd round. I believe Sherman has strong influence on player personnel. He was very strong with it while in GB years back. Playmakers will be the theme of next draft. The players we'll be looking for IMO would beMLB Teo, Skov; DE Montgomery, Mingo, maybe Woerner, Jeffcoat maybe Porter (the A&M connection); CB Milliner, Rhodes, Banks, Trufant; S Reid, Lester, Vaccarro, mcdonald. I definitely see defense this season and plenty of playmaking talent added to it. Offensive talent maybe added in 3rd round-seam threat, tall and athleticTE's Fauria, Toilolo, Ertz, Lutzenwhatever; and WR probably strong, quick Hopkins, Swope(A&M Connection), Patterson, Stills-I like his last name, Abbrederis (dudes a beast), Mathews, boyce, Debose and Bailey [they fit the height/weight criteria and are all go to playmakers]
    Quote Quote