Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Watched 2016 last night...

  1. -1
    SkapePhin's Avatar
    Brady Slayer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    18,517
    vCash:
    15895
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Watched 2016 last night...

    That has to be one of the worst pieces of propaganda I have seen in recent years. The filmmaker spends about 2 hours making his thin argument that Obama is seeking to purposely diminish the power of the United States by comparing him with Obama Sr. - a man Obama Jr. met once after his childhood. (The other half of the film seems like a bad Reaganite dating video where the filmmaker goes into his love for the America of the Reagan Era)

    It numbs my mind how I have seen people say they were truly scared about the future of the country after seeing this film.

    Essentially, the film boils down to: "Oh noes, Obama is taking all our nukes!"

    I'm not saying Obama is doing a great job, but man, W. Bush was a hell of a lot worse for this country (as you can see in our present situation) than what Obama has done thus far. W. started this train rolling.
    Bluebird in Hell

    Just published my first game for iOS if anyone is interested...
    It's a free time waster.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    3,234
    vCash:
    5259
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    That has to be one of the worst pieces of propaganda I have seen in recent years. The filmmaker spends about 2 hours making his thin argument that Obama is seeking to purposely diminish the power of the United States by comparing him with Obama Sr. - a man Obama Jr. met once after his childhood. (The other half of the film seems like a bad Reaganite dating video where the filmmaker goes into his love for the America of the Reagan Era)

    It numbs my mind how I have seen people say they were truly scared about the future of the country after seeing this film.

    Essentially, the film boils down to: "Oh noes, Obama is taking all our nukes!"

    I'm not saying Obama is doing a great job, but man, W. Bush was a hell of a lot worse for this country (as you can see in our present situation) than what Obama has done thus far. W. started this train rolling.
    All this birther-socialist-muslim-america-go-down crap has just one underlying reason: color
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    TrojanFin's Avatar
    The Chosen One Awaits

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    163
    vCash:
    1077
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All this birther-socialist-muslim-america-go-down crap has just one underlying reason: color
    Yes... so all these people are just an anomaly.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...an_Republicans

    How these African-American Republicans ever win office is beyond me.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Eshlemon's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,803
    vCash:
    1330
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Darn those Indian director and their self hate against colors...lol, there's a good chance he's darker than Obama. Hey, that Fahrenhype 9/11 had one underlying reason...color? Has a long way to go to catch Moore's 2004 #1 pre-election crappy movie, but this #2 is now #2 in political documentaries. And thank Fonzie this didn't besmirch Bradbury anymore by being named 2016: 451. Think Moore's safe and won't get caught at the box office by this...and certainly ain't going to be given awards in Cannes or Hollywood. Expect the South Park guys "The Book of Mormon" musical to clean up at awards shows though.

    And please no crappy "Celsius 41.11" for this one.
    Last edited by Eshlemon; 09-28-2012 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    3,234
    vCash:
    5259
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon View Post
    Darn those Indian director and their self hate against colors...lol, there's a good chance he's darker than Obama. Hey, that Fahrenhype 9/11 had one underlying reason...color? Has a long way to go to catch Moore's 2004 #1 pre-election crappy movie, but this #2 is now #2 in political documentaries. And thank Fonzie this didn't besmirch Bradbury anymore by being named 2016: 451. Think Moore's safe and won't get caught at the box office by this...and certainly ain't going to be given awards in Cannes or Hollywood. Expect the South Park guys "The Book of Mormon" musical to clean up at awards shows though.

    And please no crappy "Celsius 41.11" for this one.
    You are throwing a native American with an African American in one box???

    You are also aware, based on your historical knowledge, that even native Americans have no clean sheets when it comes to slavery of African Americans. They sure did not go overboard like the white folks but some tribes were engaged in slavery.

    And if you think that a native American can not be a racist you are mistaken. Anybody and everybody can be a racist one way or another: white folks, Hispanics, native Americans, African Americans.

    And you certainly shouldn't write this off as some whacky conspiracy theory because I have yet to see any President being under such pathetic attack like the Birther movement, has been called a Muslim, has been called an Anti-American etc.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    COphinphan89's Avatar
    Ours is the fury.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    4,527
    vCash:
    5065
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I saw it several weeks ago. D'Souza whines about Obama not being rabidly militaristic enough and fully embraces an American empire instead of the republic it's supposed to be.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"


    Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    phinfan3411's Avatar
    pofo mofo

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    2,502
    vCash:
    2758
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    All this birther-socialist-muslim-america-go-down crap has just one underlying reason: color
    I will not say there are no racists amongst the republicans, there most certainly are.

    I look at things differently though now, all of these "tools", in this case liberals use, do nothing to help the growth of society, and really mean nothing at all.

    Both parties really do not stand for anything, their convictions are a dry-erase board. These supposed "convictions" like racism, education, etc. are NOT really convictions, but more a temporary, and in some cases, life long tool to attack the other party.

    I will use the anti war "tool" for my example, even though the "tool" you use in this example is racism.

    Go back a few years, 2006 or so, i can't remember exactly when it happened, but as i have said many times before, I used to be a republican. I was going through the process of realizing republicans did not fit my idea of a great political party, i was not happy with the war, nor our foreign policy in general. I really wondered if i SHOULD be a democrat. they were so anti war, vehemently against torture, etc, i thought many times if they just were more in tuned with protecting our individual rights, i would be sold.

    Fast forward to now, and i was not smart enough to figure this out until just recently, but democrats, or liberals, what ever name you wish to group them under, they really have NO concrete convictions. Am I talking about all of them? Most, i am sure some have actual integrity, and do not just support whatever the current rally cry is for their party, but i am surely talking about the majority.

    Here it is 2012, we have their President in office that used to not believe in conflict like that, but it turns out he is even a bigger war monger than Bush was. It also turns out, democrats now do not feel so strongly about the anti war movement, the only thing they care about is the current rally cry from their party that they can attack the republicans on. A few days ago it was that veteran bill, every democrat on my Facebook friends list was crying about republicans not caring about veterans, because they killed the veterans job bill. I have no idea about the bill, but i happen to think veterans (myself included) are no better than lets say my next door neighbor that did not serve, why should they have an advantage over another guy? I (obviously) knew these people personally, and if any of these people really cared about veterans, it was the first i heard, again just a tool.

    So, i take nothing these partisan people say seriously anymore, it really means nothing. If you can move your opinions SO FAR on a subject like war, where the hell do you really stand on ANYTHING?

    This is not a jab at you personally, but the way of thinking you represent. The tool you used to attack this time is an old favorite, RACISM.

    Yeah, the republicans never attacked mercilessly any previous white democrats, it all started with the first black president.

    Is this ever going to get old?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    19,419
    vCash:
    10073
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Obama probably loves that more people talk about this kind of stuff, "American exceptionalism," etc. than about the economy and areas in which he is actually weak. Republicans are running quite the campaign...





    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Eshlemon's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,803
    vCash:
    1330
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    You are throwing a native American with an African American in one box???

    You are also aware, based on your historical knowledge, that even native Americans have no clean sheets when it comes to slavery of African Americans. They sure did not go overboard like the white folks but some tribes were engaged in slavery.

    And if you think that a native American can not be a racist you are mistaken. Anybody and everybody can be a racist one way or another: white folks, Hispanics, native Americans, African Americans.

    And you certainly shouldn't write this off as some whacky conspiracy theory because I have yet to see any President being under such pathetic attack like the Birther movement, has been called a Muslim, has been called an Anti-American etc.
    Lol, not sure who's going to be pissed more at such blatant and obvious offensive bigotry, Native Americans or Indians. Dinesh D'Souza is an Indian from India. Haven't seen anything about him hating blacks or muslims. D'Souza is conservative with some extremely stupid views towards liberalism with crazy framed Michael Moorish conspiracies...his first book was The Enemy at Home: The Cultural Left and its Responsibility for 9/11.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Eshlemon's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,803
    vCash:
    1330
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Obama probably loves that more people talk about this kind of stuff, "American exceptionalism," etc. than about the economy and areas in which he is actually weak. Republicans are running quite the campaign...
    Too many states with the worst economic problems in the nation would not ever switch from Obama to Romney or even just have them dragged into realistic tossup status...Cal, NY, Ill, MI, NJ, CT....141 electoral votes. Of the 100 toss ups, only 19 (Nevada and NC) are in the worst economic states, 56 in the middle (Fla, Oh, Co), and 23 (Va, NH, Iowa) are with less than 6% unemployment...and 23 is the number of votes Obama needs as electoral votes sit now at 247-191, 100 tossups. Obama economy weakness doesn't necessarily correllate to electoral vote weakness.
    Last edited by Eshlemon; 09-29-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Can Thursday night games be watched online?
    By thejetssuck in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 06:00 PM
  2. Byproduct of Obama Election = 2016 Olympics?
    By LouPhinFan in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 05:10 PM
  3. So..I watched Borat last night..
    By FinsNCanes in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 08:59 PM
  4. I just watched the first half of opening night. (Daunte Culpepper)
    By Aqua4Ever04 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 11:07 PM
  5. Upon further review... (Re-Watched Bills Game last night)
    By Penthos in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 07:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •