Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lol at this lady

1. -11
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    If you really need to do a study, just take a stroll around any poor area or public housing around any city of decent size. You will see all the proof you need. Be careful though.

And if you get a free Obama phone, just dont try and call him during a cookout ok.
    Lol. But honestly, I don't think that would tell me anything. I don't imagine the difference between a lazy poor person and a tired, hard working poor person is visually distinctive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    EBT is as popular as Oppa Gangnam Style. It's really getting out of hand. My wife works with medicaid every day. The stories she can tell will make your skin crawl. People driving land rovers and BMW's on medicaid. People with insurance and getting medicaid instead. It's become a big problem.
    I would describe that as people taking advantage of the system though, and not people being dependent upon the system, wouldn't you?
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    EBT is as popular as Oppa Gangnam Style. It's really getting out of hand. My wife works with medicaid every day. The stories she can tell will make your skin crawl. People driving land rovers and BMW's on medicaid. People with insurance and getting medicaid instead. It's become a big problem.
    9954 What you are saying here is incorrect though the anecdote may be real.

Medicaid is run by the states not the federal government so if you are concerned with Medicade fraud then look to your state gov not the feds or Obama.

Now all these people running around living large on medicaid is an absolute farce and essentially propaganda by 9954.
    I don't know all the states because I have only lived in some but generally speaking...

There are only two groups of people who typically recieve Medicaid: Children and mothers especially ones that are pregnant. In some states it covers elderly and disabled. Children are the single biggest component.
    If you are pregnant you get Medicaid. Not for your sake but for the sake of your unborn child.

Now as i recall 9955 says his wife works at a pregnancy center so obviously everyone there will be covered.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Lol at this lady

Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post

Medicaid is run by the states not the federal government so if you are concerned with Medicade fraud then look to your state gov not the feds or Obama.

Now all these people running around living large on medicaid is an absolute farce and essentially propaganda by 9954.
    I don't know all the states because I have only lived in some but generally speaking...

There are only two groups of people who typically recieve Medicaid: Children and mothers especially ones that are pregnant. In some states it covers elderly and disabled. Children are the single biggest component.
    If you are pregnant you get Medicaid. Not for your sake but for the sake of your unborn child.

Now as i recall 9955 says his wife works at a pregnancy center so obviously everyone there will be covered.
    His point is that people have plenty of money to spend on cigarettes, 22" rims, and the newest iPhone but can't get/don't have/don't want a job and expect everyone else to cover that little expense for them. I work in healthcare as well and guess who the most non-compliant patients we see might be...yep, the ones living off of the government.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I saw it working in a grocery store too. People decked out in jewelry and expensive clothes buying lobster and huge cakes with food stamps.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

The Devin Townsend Project: Kingdom (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZjziohaPc
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    The only point Im taking from from this thread is that Im really wasting money on groceries when I should be able to get food stamps.

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    Lol. But honestly, I don't think that would tell me anything. I don't imagine the difference between a lazy poor person and a tired, hard working poor person is visually distinctive.

I would describe that as people taking advantage of the system though, and not people being dependent upon the system, wouldn't you?

I would say both. The lady in the video represents those that just want free stuff for nothing. The medicaid example I used you're correct on. Those are people that are taking advantage of the system and that's a big problem too. But one thing I will say is that the stigma of welfare is pretty much gone especially with things like the EBT card. I don't know how old you are but my grandparents generation and even some of my mom's too. They viewed handouts and welfare as a total negative and did all they could to avoid it. Nowadays I don't think that's the case at all and that's where I think we've changed as a country.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanma View Post

No propaganda at all. My wife see's it everyday. She deals with people on medicaid all the time. And I agree I blame the state for not doing their jobs. My wife runs a birth center which is a natural birth facility. No drugs, no doctors only midwifes. People taking advantage of medicaid has become such a problem that they've had to put caps on medicaid clients. People will have insurance but still have to pay a deductible ranging from $500 to $1000 dollars. Most pay it and go with their insurance. But a lot of people have started to do otherwise. Once they find out the state will pay for everything then that's where the shenanigans begin. And these are people with insurance and decent jobs but don't want to pay the deductible so they call up the government with a sob story and like magic get a free birth. It's actually become a running joke at my wife's job because literally these are people driving nice cars and having nice homes. They know this because they do home births as well. In fact my wife just recently help deliver a baby in Cory Lakes which is a upper middle class/rich neighborhood. 3500 square foot house and the clients own a few gas stations. The birth was covered by medicaid. Things like this is something that happens all the time at my wife's job. No propaganda or lies at all. Unfortunately there are many people taking advantage of the system and the State is doing a horrible job stopping it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would say both. The lady in the video represents those that just want free stuff for nothing. The medicaid example I used you're correct on. Those are people that are taking advantage of the system and that's a big problem too. But one thing I will say is that the stigma of welfare is pretty much gone especially with things like the EBT card. I don't know how old you are but my grandparents generation and even some of my mom's too. They viewed handouts and welfare as a total negative and did all they could to avoid it. Nowadays I don't think that's the case at all and that's where I think we've changed as a country.
    I understand the mentality, although I don't necessarily share it. People who go by the book and pay their taxes keep getting hit with rising costs and essentially penalties and then see case after case of people working the system and getting away with it, your resolve starts to shake.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Clay County FL Romney volunteer trying to bamboozle seniors voters
    audio file 1/3rd down page

http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...your-medicare/

Idiots on both sides (maybe even including both candidates LOL)

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    The only point Im taking from from this thread is that Im really wasting money on groceries when I should be able to get food stamps.
    In the perspective of relative global prosperity, isn't your whole ****ing 3rd world country on the equivalent of foodstamps anyway?

"Yep. Blow it up. This might the worst team I've ever seen constructed in my life.
    And then you throw in the terrible preparation and in-game coaching. There is no defense.
    But do it right. Fire everyone in the building. No survivors. , JiF Jetnation

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Clay County FL Romney volunteer trying to bamboozle seniors voters
    audio file 1/3rd down page

http://thinkprogress.org/election/20...your-medicare/

Idiots on both sides (maybe even including both candidates LOL)

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

In the perspective of relative global prosperity, isn't your whole ****ing 3rd world country on the equivalent of foodstamps anyway?
    Every year he comes here and buys a new Monopoly set. He then goes back home and lives the high life for another year.
    Quote Quote