Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Video- every Tannehill throw vs the Jets

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Video- every Tannehill throw vs the Jets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Dm5...yer_embedded#!

He's talented, but I still don't see a QB who is scanning the field, and if there was a pump fake somewhere in there I missed it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see an inexperienced QB, who has tons of potential. Needs to work on some accuracy, but at times every QB looks inaccurate. However he has zero help from his WR. No disrespect to Bess and Hartline, but when those 2 are ur best WR, especially in the day and age, with a very inexperienced QB you're in deep trouble.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's not scanning the field but what is just ridiculous is the lack of separation the receivers get. Not defending his poor passes but on a slant none can really get out of press coverage? Also how about once in a while throwing the ball or running patterns that cover more than three yards.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    looks bad
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The thing that stands out most to me is the obvious/bad play calling in certain situations. Both FG drives and when we were backed in our endzone. Didn't like it at all..
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I keep thinking abut this play on the link below as a template to the QB/WR situation. Landry, even though he slightly stumbles, has enough time to read Tannehill, diagnose the play in his zone, come up from behind Fasano and get in front of him to make the pick 6. Even though the CB- I think it's Cromartie- is tracking the WR in a fly pattern he has enough time to run with him while he's glancing back at Tannehill and makes a quick move back to Fasano just after the throw is made to him. I still would have preferred that Tannehill go deep on that play (who is that WR covered by Cromartie?) but Cromartie is clearly the better athlete and the WR doesn't deserve all that much respect from him. I'd still rather see Chris Hogan and Rishard Matthews out there- the grass may always be greener, but at least they looked like they could separate as opposed to the WRs in there now.

Same problem- Bess and Hartline are decent when decent isn't good enough. The rest are below average.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GquYCGptIwU

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by finfanaz View Post
    The thing that stands out most to me is the obvious/bad play calling in certain situations. Both FG drives and when we were backed in our endzone. Didn't like it at all..
    Yeah, I wouldn't exactly refer to the play calling as inspired. Going over all of Tannehill's throws, it all looked pretty vanilla.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11
Gift received at 09-22-2014, 08:04 PM from Flip Tanneflop
Message: You will need this when Moore comes in and starts connecting with Wallace on deep throws.
    On the last throw to Hartline, why does Hartline slow up at the 16 yard line? If he runs that route without the stutter, he catches it at the 2.
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks and no thanks for the video post. Thanks for assuring me (again) that Tannenhill will be the QB of the future for the Fins. No thanks for showing me the kicker's failed attempts.

Our kicker deserves a swift kick in the nuts! Every player should have taken turns kicking the guy's balls after the game. What a kook!
    -

Next to Marino's fake spike touchdown to Ingram, the hook-and-ladder play comes in second. What a beauty.

_
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    FRESNO STATE BULLDOGS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it's clear that his best ability is extending the play and throwing on the run. His field vision and progressions need some work. I think that will come with time.

If all you're goin' on is my confession, forget it. I'm simply not credible. -Dale Gribble
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A&O View Post
    Thanks and no thanks for the video post. Thanks for assuring me (again) that Tannenhill will be the QB of the future for the Fins. No thanks for showing me the kicker's failed attempts.

Our kicker deserves a swift kick in the nuts! Every player should have taken turns kicking the guy's balls after the game. What a kook!
    I'm hoping for good things from Tannehill, but I wasn't impressed after going through his throws 1 by 1. No doubt he's a smart guy with size, brains
    and a good arm, but imo he still has something to prove in terms of his football IQ and to a lesser extent his accuracy. His book coming out of Texas A&M was that he stares down his receivers- he's still doing it. Redundant point on my part, but that's my biggest concern with him. No pump fakes, staring down his receivers- not a good combo for an NFL QB. I would imagine that NFL DBs and especially Safeties love playing against him. Peterson, Wilson, Rhodes- they must be licking their chops at the thought of Tannehill coming to town. If Arizona gets some consistent pressure on him it will probably be a long day for us.
    Quote Quote