Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHambersWI Extremely Early Mock Draft Made Out of Extreme Boredom

1. -1
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks

CHambersWI Extremely Early Mock Draft Made Out of Extreme Boredom

The order is based on the current power rankings from ESPN. Have fun tearing this apart

1.Cleveland Browns-Matt Barkley QB, USC Until proven otherwise, Barkley is the number 1 overall pick. Weeden may have just been drafted but I doubt he's reason enough to keep Cleveland from making the pick, and if they do, who says he isn't traded?

2.Indianapolis Colts -Star Lotulelei DT, Utah Colts could go a couple ways, but I have no doubt that they are going defense. Lotulelei gets the edge over Jarvis Jones from me mainly because a 3-4 D needs a NT to be successful

3. Jacksonville Jaguars- Barkevious Mingo DE, LSU The Jags have gotten absolutely nothing from their DEs this year. Mingo is the best pass rusher in the draft.

4.Miami Dolphins- Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee Why Hunter? Well, if he stays healthy, he's just as good as anybody in the draft. Of the big time juniors, he's been the best of the ones playing in a pro offense. Make no mistake, he's got all the ability in the world. He's just coming off of an ACL injury.

5.New Orleans Saints- Jarvis Jones LB, Georgia Even when Jonathan Vilma comes back, he's an aging player and the defense has struggled with him. The Saints need playmakers on defense, and Jones would be an awesome fit in Spagnoulo's defense.

6.Oakland Raiders- Geno Smith QB, West Virginia Surprising? With Logan Thomas's struggles I think he stays another year, and Geno Smith has just been flat out dominant this year. Many feel that if Geno keeps his current pace up, he'll be a top 3 pick and could challenge Matt Barkley.

7.Kansas City Chiefs-Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas Reports out of KC are that the Chiefs are ready to give up on Matt Cassel. Wilson would have been a first rounder had he entered last year. Wilson has been injured this season, but he's a good prospect in his own right.

8.St Louis Rams-Keenan Allen, WR Cal The Rams have looked better under Jeff FIsher, but they need weapons on offense. Much like Miami with Davone Bess, Danny Almendola is a great player to have but he's not a number 1.

9.Tennessee Titans-DeMarcus Milner CB, Alabama Titans really wanted Dre Kirkpatrick last year but he was long gone. Alterun Verner is also a free agent after the season

10.Carolina Panthers Bjoern Werner DE, Florida State Carolina desperately needs a pass rusher opposite of Charles Johnson. Had Kuechley not been available, the team would have taken Quiton Coples.

11.St Louis Rams f/Washington Redskins-Taylor Lewan OT, Michigan Rodger Saffold is constantly battling injuries and the RT position in St. Louis has been a turnstyle. Baby Jake as he's affectionately known up in Ann Arbor has a lot of the same qualities Jake Long had/has, he is just a bit more penalty proned.

12.Minnesota Vikings Jonathan Hankins DT, Ohio State The Vikings had a very good D for a few years while pairing Kevin Williams up with Pat Williams. Pat is no longer there, and while Kevin is a future hall of famer, he is slowing down as he gets older. The Vikes could use a CB, but Hankins may be too good to pass up.

13.Tampa Bay Buccaneers- David Amerson CB, North Carolina State Amerson had a great sophomore season after collecting 13 interceptions. Tampa is in need of CB depth especially as they move away from the Tampa 2. Combine that with Aquib Talib's continuous off the field issues and Eric Wright's inconsistencies and Amerson is worth a gamble.

14.Buffalo Bills- Luke Joeckel OT, Texas A&M Rookie Cordy Glenn is a better guard prospect than a tackle. Joeckel allows them to move Glenn to a better position

15.Detroit Lions-Jonthan Banks CB, Mississippi State Detroit absolutely needs to upgrade their secondary. Banks is one of the more physical CBs and a playmaker that can help Detroit's secondary.

16.New York Jets-Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina Jets could go WR, but Rex and Tony seem committed to the ground and pound and in order to do that you need a bigger threat at RB than Shonne Greene and Bilal Powell.

17.Pittsburgh Steelers- Manti Teo LB, Notre Dame Had David DeCastro not fallen to them, the Steelers were going to draft Donte Hightower. If Teo falls to them, the Steelers will jump at the chance to add a playmaking LB to their defense.

18.Cincinnati Bengals- Sam Montgomery DE, LSU Cincy's DL has 2 people that can consistently get to the QB; Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap. Dunlap has also constantly been in and out of the lineup with injuries. Getting another pass rusher at DE would be huge.

19.Denver Broncos- KaWann Short DT, Purdue Denver's D was hurt a lot by the loss of Broderick Bunkley to free agency. Rookie Derrick Wolfe has been playing DE so getting a player of Short's caliber would be nice for Denver.

20.San Diego Chargers- Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida State Quinton Jammer and Antoine Cason are two of the most underappreciated CBs in the league. They are also both free agents at the end of the season. Jammer also is on the wrong side of 30.

21.Dallas Cowboys-Chance Warmack, OG Alabama The Cowboys desperately need to upgrade the guard positions as Nate Livings and Bernadeu Makenzie have both struggled early in the season.

22.Chicago Bears-Jake Matthews, OT Texas A&M The son of the legendary Bruce Matthews is brought in to replace the worst LT in the NFL in Ja'Marcus Webb and protect Jay Cutler's blindside.

23.Seattle Seahawks-Robert Woods, WR USC Woods could either go top 10 or fall to here. It all depends on how he responds the rest of the season. Pete Carroll will jump at the chance to draft the guy he recruited to USC as well as adding a potential number 1 WR that constantly battles injuries and consistency.

24.Philadelphia Eagles-TJ McDonald, S USC Jaiquan Jarrett was a 2nd round pick cut after 2 years, Nate Allen is constantly in and out of the lineup and Kurt Coleman is a huge liability in coverage. McDonald can be the enforcer Philly has been searching for since Brian Dawkins left.

25.New England Patriots-Barrett Jones OL, Alabama Logan Mankins, while over 30, is still a great guard but John Wendell and Dan Connolly can both be upgraded. Jones can play anywhere on the OL

26.Green Bay Packers-Travis Frederick OL, Wisconsin Green Bay desperately needs to upgrade the OL. Frederick can play multiple positions and is a local product

27.New York Giants-Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame Martellus Bennett has been a pleasant surprise for the G-Men, but the Giants do like to run multiple TE sets. Eifert not only gives the Giants insurance, but also adds another dimension to the offense

28.Arizona Cardinals- Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin Levi Brown is on IR, but the Cards sound ready to part ways with him. They still need a LT to protect on of their quarterbacks. If the season falls out from under them, QB becomes an option

29.San Francisco 49ers-John Jenkins, DT Georgia The 9ers have a great defense, but could use another option at nose tackle

30.Baltimore Ravens Eric Reid S, LSU Ed Reed's Hall of Fame career is coming to a close, and it's time to start looking for a replacement. Reid is the best player on the board

31.Atlanta Falcons-Michael Buchanan, DE Illinois Overshadowed last year by Whitney Mercilus, but Buchanan had a great year in his own right with 13.5 TFLs and 7.5 sacks. John Abraham is back for another year but isn't getting any younger and Ray Edwards has been a huge disappointment. Kroy Bierman is a solid third DE to have, but an upgrade would be preferred.

32.Houston Texans- Shane Skov LB, Stanford When healthy, there aren't many LBs better in the country. For the Texans, Brian Cushing is an All-Pro, but Bradie James is only a stop gap. Skov would give Houston the best ILB tandem in the league.

Well have at it boys.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    bump for responses.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I understand Mingo always looks good in a mock draft, although the notion that he's the best pass rusher in the draft is simply inaccurate in my estimation. He's a rotational player right now for LSU. He's not a guy that offenses are required to game plan around in the same manner that they're required to with Jarvis Jones, for example.

The more I watch of Mingo, the more I understand that he's at his best using his speed to chase down plays from behind when he's the unblocked EMOL on zone reads. Problem for him is, not every offense uses the zone read as a staple, especially not in the SEC. That's why he's able to flash against offenses like Oregon and Auburn last year, but invisible against Alabama and Georgia. These offenses line up and base block you downhill in the run game.

I believe that as the draft draws closer and more and more dig into Mingo's film, that's when they'll start to question why he's not producing, and search for an explanation.

People have to understand that Mingo is very new to football. This is only his 5th year playing. He didn't play in high school until his Junior year (and I'm very familiar with the West Monroe program).

His upside and athletic ability are both tremendous. However, when I look at underclassman DE's like his teammate Sam Montgomery, or Corey Lemonier, Damontre Moore, and Bjoern Werner, I see kids that are dominating on the football field and fulfilling their potential. They're making plays one after another after another every Saturday and forcing offenses to account for their presence.

Potential only gets you so far. You have to show that you're doing something with it and produce on the football field or you become an enigma.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Matt Barkley has Tim Couch written all over him....great college QB who is a product of the system, but won't be much in the pro's, other than a career backup. I think Justin Hunter is a decent WR, but I would take Keenan Allen, who is also a great punt returner.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pay attention to how Washington is having to account for Chase Thomas with their blocking schemes. They're double teaming him with two offensive lineman on one play, and a back/TE combo the next and he still beats it to apply pressure and bring the quarterback down. That's the type of players that I think the best GM's in the league draft. Consistently good players that are ready to make an impact immediately because they understand leverage, techniques, and how to play the game.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would love hunter
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hunter? Hunter? I've watched him play in 3 games and he sucked in all 3. It would be our luck to finally draft a Receiver high and it's Justin Hunter.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really like Hunter and I think he's definitely moving up. I would be happy with him or Allen, but I'd still prefer a pass rusher in the 1st. After watching Seattle destroy the Packers offense and seeing how the Giants are able to beat Tom Brady and the Patriots, we've got to get an elite pass rusher and make those opposing qb's really work to beat us.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Pay attention to how Washington is having to account for Chase Thomas with their blocking schemes. They're double teaming him with two offensive lineman on one play, and a back/TE combo the next and he still beats it to apply pressure and bring the quarterback down. That's the type of players that I think the best GM's in the league draft. Consistently good players that are ready to make an impact immediately because they understand leverage, techniques, and how to play the game.
    Yeah, I was hoping he would drop to round 2 for Miami but he could end up being a top 20 pick. Really, really love Chase Thomas.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Allen in the first Marquess Wilson in the second and things are looking good.
    Quote Quote