Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFC East Biggest Questions

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

AFC East Biggest Questions

There are many questions that arise coming from the AFC East. First, Matt Moore is going to be facing a-lot more competition this season. Two newcomers (Ryan Tannehill and David Garrard) will be starting in training camp soon, and I'm sure that they will be giving their all. But who will be the starting quarterback and who will be the back-up quarterback. It's between Ryan Tannehill and David Garrard, and they might just want to flip a coin and decide. It looks like it'll be a battle between the vets and the rookies.

What are your takes with the AFC East?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccq-B...ure=plpp_video
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think David Garrard wins the qb job in Miami, at least initially. At the halfway point, the coaches will evaluate where the team is and if Ryan Tannehill is ready. I think Garrard is more suited to a WCO than Matt Moore, is more accurate and more mobile. Moore has a knack for big plays, though. As far as other teams question marks I think for the Jets it's clearly a make or break year for Mark buttfumble. If he doesn't improve significantly, I look for New York to draft a quarterback high in the 2013 draft. For Buffalo, I think their biggest question is offensive line. The Bills took a lot of linemen in the draft including Cordy Glenn so they may have improved there. I think Buffalo has passed the Jets and Dolphins right now. New England has questions on the defensive side, but should once again win at least 11 games and likely cruise to a division title.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The biggest question for NE is OL and health.
    The biggest question for NYJ is QB.
    The biggest question for BUF is QB.
    The biggest question for MIA is QB.

Pretty sad, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The Giants absolutely win it all w/ buttfumble and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if buttfumble is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    I will predict this becomes at LEAST a three page thread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Biggest questions:
    BUFFALO: Will the D be as good as Bills fans hope?
    MIAMI: Who will be their starting QB?
    NE: How much will Tom Brady miss Matt Light?
    NYJ: When will Mark buttfumble lose his job to Tim Tebow?
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan View Post
    The biggest question for NE is OL and health.
    The biggest question for NYJ is QB.
    The biggest question for BUF is QB.
    The biggest question for MIA is QB.

Pretty sad, isn't it?

Not sure what you're talking about but OL is not even close to being a question mark for the Pats. Solder started games at both LT and RT as rookie last season and was an upgrade at both positions when he played. Light was a very good LT over the years but Solder is far and away a more talented a player. In fact even Marcus Cannon started a couple of games at RT and right Guard as rookie last year and held his own. Sorry but you don't really know what your talking about if you think the O Line is even in the top 5 question marks with the Pats. Now if you said CB I could agree with you but the Oline has a ton of both starting talent and depth.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about but OL is not even close to being a question mark for the Pats. Solder started games at both LT and RT as rookie last season and was an upgrade at both positions when he played. Light was a very good LT over the years but Solder is far and away a more talented a player. In fact even Marcus Cannon started a couple of games at RT and right Guard as rookie last year and held his own. Sorry but you don't really know what your talking about if you think the O Line is even in the top 5 question marks with the Pats. Now if you said CB I could agree with you but the Oline has a ton of both starting talent and depth.
    I was referring to the injuries you guys had last year on OL. That's why I said OL and​ health.......
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As Wayne Hunter of the Jets has shown, there's a big difference between being a competent sub (which Hunter was when filling in or Woody in 2010) and a decent starter (which Hunter wasn't in 2011), especially at OT. Now, Solder is a youngster who was taken high in the draft NOT a career backup so he should have room to improve, but he's replacing a Pro Bowler permanently now, so teams will be able to better build a "file" on his strengths and weaknesses.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    As Wayne Hunter of the Jets has shown, there's a big difference between being a competent sub (which Hunter was when filling in or Woody in 2010) and a decent starter (which Hunter wasn't in 2011), especially at OT. Now, Solder is a youngster who was taken high in the draft NOT a career backup so he should have room to improve, but he's replacing a Pro Bowler permanently now, so teams will be able to better build a "file" on his strengths and weaknesses.
    That’s a fair assessment, yet he didn’t perform as sub mind you, he started multiple times and was flat out dominating in some of them. My point being that the original list of AFC East question marks was weak when evaluating what the Patriots concerns are going into the season. You could say pass rush, you could secondary, but to say O-line comes from someone that just doesn’t understand the Patriots roster.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That’s a fair assessment, yet he didn’t perform as sub mind you, he started multiple times and was flat out dominating in some of them. My point being that the original list of AFC East question marks was weak when evaluating what the Patriots concerns are going into the season. You could say pass rush, you could secondary, but to say O-line comes from someone that just doesn’t understand the Patriots roster.
    If I were a Pats fan, my biggest concern would be keeping Brady upright, which seems tougher now when you look at the D's in the AFCE. The Pats found a way to get to the SB with the second worst D in terms of yardage. IMO, the concerns on D are secondary to keeping Brady's mascara from running.......
    Quote Quote