Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I honestly think Hartline is our legit#1.

1. -1
    Miami Dolphins # 1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St Augustine, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

I honestly think Hartline is our legit#1.

The guy misses camp and preseason with injuries and still comes in lookin like the man. He has great hands,route running ability and amongst everything has the will and passion to succeed. I don't need a big name pre-Madonna at wr for us. I think Hartline and Bess will be Tannehill's Clayton and Duper. If I remember correctly, those two helped Marino become the QB he eventually turned out to be.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    If he is, he is . . . I don't think anybody has a problem with that. What we can't do is assume that he is. We need more talent at WR, the secondary and at TE. Hartline and Bess as our 2 best WR's isn't going to scare anybody.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its Groundhog Day.

But if he had this game against the Texans despite the rest of the teams ****ty performance I would say yes.
    If he took over the jets game and scored on the late bomb in that game instead of rolling over and going out of bounds I would say yes.
    If he draws double coverage this week and opens the field for the rest of the team and still get solid numbers I say yes.

I would like to add Props for answering the bell Hartline the team needed you and you responded thats more than I can say for the secondary. If you going to get beat get beat trying not watching.
    Last edited by Heinegrabber; 10-02-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with Heinegrabber. Hartline was on a milk carton for most of that Jet game and failed to run through a perfectly thrown Tannehill pass that was paced to hit him in stride. Instead, he stopped his feet and dove (which drives me nuts) and it was just another missed opportunity. It will be interesting if the Bengals will just see his performance as fluky this week and not make an adjustment to him, or if they will indeed make it a point to shut him down, possibly creating more space for other receivers. Then the question is will Tannehill force it to him or actually find other guys open and accurately throw to them.
    I will say that this is the best Hartline has ever played though. Being the #1 at the moment has really drawn out a great game from him. The ultimate answer is that he could wind up being the best #1WR for this team for quite awhile. He seems to really excel in the kinds of routes that this offense features and his quickness, IMO, makes up for his lack of height. We still need a tall guy at the other spot though. I'd love the idea of maybe giving Egnew a chance to play WR and be that tall guy. I've been seeing a lot of TEs split wide on plays, essentially going against DBs anyway just like a #3WR would.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Hartline had a good game but there is a reason why he isn't an elite, #1 type of receiver. Look at plays like the pass he caught near the end zone, but couldn't get in for a score, or that 80 yard touchdown where there is nobody within ten yards of him and he almost gets run down from behind, barely makes it in.

He is a solid #2 or #3 wide receiver but we need to get an elite player across from him.

The real story of Hartline's success on Sunday is, IMO, that Ryan Tannehill played very well.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    HArtline can't be that good, he wasn't drafted hi or expensive.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Since 84

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Hartline had a good game but there is a reason why he isn't an elite, #1 type of receiver. Look at plays like the pass he caught near the end zone, but couldn't get in for a score, or that 80 yard touchdown where there is nobody within ten yards of him and he almost gets run down from behind, barely makes it in.

He is a solid #2 or #3 wide receiver but we need to get an elite player across from him.

The real story of Hartline's success on Sunday is, IMO, that Ryan Tannehill played very well.

In football terms it called an angle. Unless you have world class speed and 99 acelleration (Madden term) you will almost never out run someone who has a good angle on you. Thats how 300 pound lineman can catch a 200 pound back turning the corner.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hartline isn't a number one but it's hard to deny he's a legitimate number 2. If we can get Jennings or someone like him, I'd have no problem with Brian being our Jordy Nelson to the #1 WR.

ANNOUNCING a new FH smiley. Use it judiciously and selectively as to not diminish its impact!

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You're just saying that cuz you haven't seem a legit #1 in a long time.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Just moved to Charlotte.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's an awesome #3
    Quote Quote