Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Misi pass rushing?

  1. -1
    Starter
    Status:
    Offline
    QBWinz:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    448
    vCash:
    2994

    Misi pass rushing?

    How has Koa been as a rusher this season? Because I noticed him get a sack and a half as well as playing the right end in the nickel package. Oh and was Vernon playing Misi's linebacker spot at all? I thought I saw 50 playing in that spot for a few snaps?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Miamifinz's Avatar
    Philbin is an idiot
    Status:
    Offline
    QBWinz:
    Join date:
    Jul 2009
    Posts:
    3,945
    vCash:
    6629
    Loc:
    Philbin is an idiot
    Honda LogoCam Wake 912013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    I think Misi got both of his sacks with him and Wake as the bookends. He's gotten some pressure in the first few games, but he finally got there yesterday. Most improved player on the team. Not sure where Vernon was, but I think he might have gotten half a sack yesterday.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Gordykr's Avatar
    Falkirk PhinFan
    Status:
    Offline
    QBWinz:
    Join date:
    Mar 2008
    Posts:
    222
    vCash:
    2406
    Loc:
    Falkirk , Scotland
    Misi certainly looks better as an end but its still early days, we really need to keep up the pressure to protect a rather suspect secondary ...
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    ChambersWI's Avatar
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom
    Status:
    Offline
    QBWinz:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    14,246
    vCash:
    24250
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    I think Vernon dropped into coverage a few times. Misi has been much better as a 4-3 OLB as he doesn't have to worry as much about using pass rush moves (which he has no moves)
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    dolfan91's Avatar
    Starter
    Status:
    Offline
    QBWinz:
    Join date:
    Feb 2004
    Posts:
    2,623
    vCash:
    7385
    Loc:
    NJ
    Vernon was playing a mix of DE and LB in pass rushing situations. When Misi was at RDE, Vernon was the LB on his side. This formation worked in part because they moved Odrick to DT on passing downs. Misi has 1 1/2 sacks on the season and is playing solid football. IF Vernon eventually turns his potential into plays. That's 5 pass rushers in Wake, Odrick, Starks, Misi @ RDE and Vernon from the LB spot; that Coyle can send at any time. finally some creativity out of the new DC. I still think 1 more well rounded Pass Rusher is needed opposite of Wake, perhaps coming from the 2013 draft.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    hoops's Avatar
    props to the 8%ers
    Status:
    Offline
    QBWinz:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    47,811
    vCash:
    144814
    Loc:
    richmond va
    fellas we beat up on some bad tackles yesterday...the kind of tackles that will do in the cards this year...misis not gonna do much against quality tackles rushoing off the edge...but he's definitely found a home as a 43 olb...he rescued his career
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    fininpsl's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro
    Status:
    Offline
    QBWinz:
    Join date:
    Apr 2012
    Posts:
    2,662
    vCash:
    94277
    Loc:
    Hobe Sound
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    I think Misi got both of his sacks with him and Wake as the bookends. He's gotten some pressure in the first few games, but he finally got there yesterday. Most improved player on the team. Not sure where Vernon was, but I think he might have gotten half a sack yesterday.
    Vernon might have had his best game for us yesterday. I don't know if he got to the QB, but he had pressure from his side at least 3 times. As for Misi, I agree he's definitely improved a ton. He has some comp though for most improved player from Sean Smith and Brian Hartline. Glad to see a number of players pick up their level of play for us. I hope a big part of that is coaching, and not the fact that some of these guys are in contract years.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Heinegrabber's Avatar
    Since 84
    Status:
    Offline
    QBWinz:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    4,186
    vCash:
    18360
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan91 View Post
    Vernon was playing a mix of DE and LB in pass rushing situations. When Misi was at RDE, Vernon was the LB on his side. This formation worked in part because they moved Odrick to DT on passing downs. Misi has 1 1/2 sacks on the season and is playing solid football. IF Vernon eventually turns his potential into plays. That's 5 pass rushers in Wake, Odrick, Starks, Misi @ RDE and Vernon from the LB spot; that Coyle can send at any time. finally some creativity out of the new DC. I still think 1 more well rounded Pass Rusher is needed opposite of Wake, perhaps coming from the 2013 draft.

    When are they going to apply this movement to the secondary???????












    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    hoops's Avatar
    props to the 8%ers
    Status:
    Offline
    QBWinz:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    47,811
    vCash:
    144814
    Loc:
    richmond va
    what's really sad and a bad omen going forward is you get the kind of pressure we did from so many guys yesterday and you still give up 300 plus yards passing to a team without a running game and with a bad qb
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    dolfan91's Avatar
    Starter
    Status:
    Offline
    QBWinz:
    Join date:
    Feb 2004
    Posts:
    2,623
    vCash:
    7385
    Loc:
    NJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinegrabber View Post
    When are they going to apply this movement to the secondary???????
    I hope that is the plan for the 2013 draft. With 5 picks in the 1st 3 rounds it's possible that CB and FS is addressed multiple times. If Xavier Rhodes is there in round #1, I'm running the card up to the podium and to go 1 step further, if Kenny Vaccaro the Texas FS/SS is there at the top of round #2 i'm running the card up again.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 11:25 PM
  2. Cameron Wake to take on Nickle Pass Rushing Role
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 01:33 PM
  3. Vikings looking for a pass rushing DE
    By Minnphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 06:43 PM
  4. pass rushing olb in the 3rd round?
    By Montella in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 01:31 PM
  5. JT As A 3rd Down Pass Rushing Specialist
    By Namor in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •