Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Holmes to miss multiple games. Foot x-rays being passed arond.

1. -1
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinTannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo

Holmes to miss multiple games. Foot x-rays being passed arond.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...multiple-games

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets still don't have a diagnosis of Santonio Holmes' foot injury, but they expect their top wide receiver to miss multiple games.

Coach Rex Ryan confirmed Monday that X-rays of Holmes' left foot, taken Sunday at MetLife Stadium, were negative. Holmes underwent an MRI exam Monday morning, but Ryan claimed they didn't have the results, saying they were "shipped to different places."
    Holmes is likely seeking a second opinion. Ryan said doctors haven't determined whether it's muscle or ligament damage. Doctors ruled out an Achilles tendon injury.
    Wonder if holmes is hoping a second opinion will get him out of playing the rest of the season?

Wonder if rex is taking a copy of those foot photos home with him to study?

The way holmes tossed that football looked like he didn't care about the game, i know he was in pain but it looked odd.
    Last edited by Daytona Fin; 10-01-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: around , spelling in title
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post

Wonder if holmes is hoping a second opinion will get him out of playing the rest of the season?

The way holmes tossed that football looked like he didn't care about the game, i know he was in pain but it looked odd.
    Maybe he is going interracial with his fetish.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post

It certainly seemed that way. I have seen a lot of guys get injured and their main concern was to still make the play. Like you said, Holmes was in pain, but there is no reason to toss the ball up right towards the defender like that. I don't think he cared about the game at that point and was only concerned about himself. This is not anything that everyone doesn't already know though. Holmes has always been a selfish player.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    It certainly seemed that way. I have seen a lot of guys get injured and their main concern was to still make the play. Like you said, Holmes was in pain, but there is no reason to toss the ball up right towards the defender like that. I don't think he cared about the game at that point and was only concerned about himself. This is not anything that everyone doesn't already know though. Holmes has always been a selfish player.
    Yeah, it seemed very odd. I've seen players get destroyed and still hang on the football somehow. I've never seen anyone throw away the ball the way he did. He is a selfish player and I hope he gets released in 2014. His 2013 salary is fully guaranteed so there's no point in releasing him any time soon.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Holmes gave himself up, the play should have been whistled dead
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Holmes gave himself up, the play should have been whistled dead
    No, I don't think so. Holmes didn't go to the ground to give himself up. He fell because he hurt his foot. There is a big difference. As soon as he hit the ground, he tossed the ball right to the defender. It was a stupid / selfish play. I don't believe he was thinking that he was declaring himself down by tossing the ball. I believe that he didn't care what happened after injuring himself. You could argue that it could have been ruled a forward fumble / pass, but he wasn't trying to do either.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man the Jets are EFFED
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    No, I don't think so. Holmes didn't go to the ground to give himself up. He fell because he hurt his foot. There is a big difference. As soon as he hit the ground, he tossed the ball right to the defender. It was a stupid / selfish play. I don't believe he was thinking that he was declaring himself down by tossing the ball. I believe that he didn't care what happened after injuring himself. You could argue that it could have been ruled a forward fumble / pass, but he wasn't trying to do either.
    he fell b/c he got hurt and was down before throwing the ball up. The play should have been whistled dead. It wasn't as soon as he hit the ground, he was down already making no attempt to get up when he flipped it up.

They blew that replay review as well as the Epps fumble on the Tebow pass. That's not why we lost but they were horrific calls.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc;1064442903[B
    ]Holmes gave himself up, the play should have been whistled dead[/B]
    You don't know what your talking about, a player can give themselves up to avoid the hit, but the play isn't dead until the defense touches him, at which point he had already thrown a live ball into the hands of the defender. Looks like the Jets will be drafting a new QB this year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    You don't know what your talking about, a player can give themselves up to avoid the hit, but the play isn't dead until the defense touches him, at which point he had already thrown a live ball into the hands of the defender. Looks like the Jets will be drafting a new QB this year.
    Section 2 Dead Ball
    Article 1: Dead Ball Declared.

(e) when a runner is out of bounds, or declares himself down by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and
    making no effort to advance;
    http://static.nfl.com/static/content...all_Scrimm.pdf

did he make any effort to advance the ball? and effort to get up? No, it was a bad call. this did not cost us the game, we were losing anyway but it was a bad call.
    Quote Quote