Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64

Thread: Holmes to miss multiple games. Foot x-rays being passed arond.

  1. -21
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    60052
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    he fell b/c he got hurt and was down before throwing the ball up. The play should have been whistled dead. It wasn't as soon as he hit the ground, he was down already making no attempt to get up when he flipped it up.

    They blew that replay review as well as the Epps fumble on the Tebow pass. That's not why we lost but they were horrific calls.
    Players that get injured and fall to the ground are not immediately declared down. Holmes never declared himself down. He went down because of an injury not because he was giving himself up. He gave the ball up in less than 1 second after he hit the ground. You are being so biased. You say the Holmes play should have been whistled dead, but you argue that the Cruz play against the Cardinals last year should have been ruled a fumble.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    7,898
    vCash:
    27630
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jason Cole now reporting that Holmes has a Lisfranc injury at minimum. Must really be a ****ed up picture in there for it to have been this hard to spot.

    Anyway, bad news for him. It's a really tough injury to recover from. Ronnie never did. He's never had more than 85 yards in a game since and went from averaging 4.4+ yards per carry to far less than 4 afterwards.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    Wildbill3's Avatar
    Misery Loves Company

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2001
    Posts:
    24,880
    vCash:
    1557
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    ok not lauging at the injury, but at the possibility of holmes having rex look at his foot... lol

    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    Daytona Fin's Avatar
    FIN4LIFE

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2002
    Posts:
    13,695
    vCash:
    26509
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Jason Cole now reporting that Holmes has a Lisfranc injury at minimum. Must really be a ****ed up picture in there for it to have been this hard to spot.

    Anyway, bad news for him. It's a really tough injury to recover from. Ronnie never did. He's never had more than 85 yards in a game since and went from averaging 4.4+ yards per carry to far less than 4 afterwards.
    Seen that this morning, holmes will probably never be the same player. Didn't Ronnie injure his the same way , out in the open, non contact?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    Teddy Westside

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    12,719
    vCash:
    8669
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Holmes to miss multiple games. Foot x-rays being passed arond.

    Holmes slipped down and immediately flipped the ball away when he hit the ground. There is no way of determining if he is going down and giving himself up a: based on the way he went down and b: how quickly the play occurred. This is much different then a guy kneeling or sliding feet first. Refs made the right call. No sympathy whistles in the NFL and its pointless to cry about it because it doesn't change the outcome of the game.

    The Jets and their fans have a lot bigger things to worry about.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,139
    vCash:
    20370
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    you're delusional as usual... but maybe you should consider a mult on TGG for all the disrespect you're even getting over there for being such a bullheaded blind homer. (they really don't like you much over there do they?)
    I don't need to hide behind a fake account.

    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Junc is correct that a player can be down without being touched if he gives himself up, such as a QB taking a knee. However, Holmes wasnt giving himself up. He went to the ground because he was injured. Big difference.

    Pitching the ball away like that was odd as hell. I can understand being in tremendous pain how he could lose sight of what is going on, however at the same time, he couldve easily just chucked the ball out of bounds there. If he had just dropped the thing it wouldnt have looked as odd as tossing it softly right at the defensive player. Unreal.

    I remember when I broke my ankle one time, I was carrying a couple of things. All 3 objects went flying in the air and landed in 3 random spots quite a distance from where my body crashed to the ground. However, the difference was the things went flying as I was falling due to all of my weight being on the one leg that I had just broken. Obviously I crashed straight to the ground. I suppose the stuff I was carrying just involuntarially went flying as my arms flew up. If I had landed with the things in my hands like Holmes did, I probably just set them down or clutch them harder from the tremendous pain. Being in the middle of a football game, I dont understand how he dosent clutch that ball or have the presence to toss it to the sideline right beside him. Im figuring he was frustrated and didnt give a ****. Who knows.
    he did give himself up, he went down injured and made no attempt to advance the ball then flung it in the air. I'm glad the call was blown in a blowout and not a close game but it was the incorrect call.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Tunaphish429's Avatar
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2009
    Posts:
    8,637
    vCash:
    1649
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Idk that I can say that Holmes gave himself up. Eli dove face first a few years back...hit the ground and fumbled the ball..So IMO the right call was made...

    Jets are done tho...losing holmes hurts them in a huge way..Their D is playing awful, their offense is awful (As all Dolphins fans predicted)...

    Rex Ryan will be fired after this year...and I hope to god Tony is made head coach!!! That would be awesome!!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,139
    vCash:
    20370
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunaphish429 View Post
    Idk that I can say that Holmes gave himself up. Eli dove face first a few years back...hit the ground and fumbled the ball..So IMO the right call was made...

    Jets are done tho...losing holmes hurts them in a huge way..Their D is playing awful, their offense is awful (As all Dolphins fans predicted)...

    Rex Ryan will be fired after this year...and I hope to god Tony is made head coach!!! That would be awesome!!
    the awful O has been the main reason we won 2 games and we do get Keller back this week. chance are we are done but you never know.

    rex will not be fired, there is a MUCH better chance Philbin is gone after your GM is fired than Rex being fired.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    Vaark's Avatar
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    19,974
    vCash:
    13017
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Tannenbaum goes, which is the active widespread speculation on all the jest boards, Rex will be gone too. Already Woody is intimating that if things don't turn around, they need to substitute in Tebow. And you know he'll listen to fan consensus cause for him it's all about the buck$. That house is swaying on its shaky foundation.


    Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you. -Anon



    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    60052
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    he did give himself up, he went down injured and made no attempt to advance the ball then flung it in the air. I'm glad the call was blown in a blowout and not a close game but it was the incorrect call.
    Going down injured and throwing the ball up in under a second after you hit the ground is not declaring yourself down. Please explain to me how you can think that the Cruz play should have been ruled a fumble last year, but the Holmes play this year should have been blown dead?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Breaking News: Nate Garner has foot surgery, breaks foot again
    By FinAtic8480 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-18-2010, 05:32 PM
  2. Replies: 73
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 06:11 PM
  3. Seau Could Miss A Few Games
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 01:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •