Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets vs Pats = Advantage for Miami vs Jets

1. -1
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

FIST PUMP TAG Jets vs Pats = Advantage for Miami vs Jets

We all know that division games are extremely important. Well one thing coaches will do is keep some secrets for those specific games. This week the Pats and Jets play for 1st place in the division. You can bet your ass that both Belichick and Rex Ryan have a few things up their sleeve. Well that bodes well for us when we play the Jets next week. There should be some new stuff in there that wasn't in the first 6 games the Jets played. I expect the Jets to really go all out and try to win this game. Also, the Pats will probably have to roll out some new stuff on Offense to counter Rex Ryan's D (and as much as we all hate to admit, the guy has a good D). That wont matter AS MUCH since we dont play the Pats until week 13 (thank you schedule makers) so there should be plenty of game tape by then. They will also be kicking the **** out of each other so that's always good too.
    On the flip side we have 2 weeks to prepare for a game that will more than likely set the tone for the rest of our season.

Note: AccuScore Predicts Pats win 79% of the time of 10,000 simulations.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...eat-jets-again
    Last edited by foozool13; 10-18-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Added Accuscore Prediction
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    i think we are playing the jets in a good spot. Off a bye week and them coming off a sure to be an emotional divisional game. Anything can happen on sunday but its hard for me to see the jets winning that game against the pats. Jets pass rush has been really poor this year and giving Brady all day to throw is a death sentence. While Cromartie has been playing well its in the slot with Welker and via the TEs that NE will murder you. Cant see NY stopping them.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let them beat each other up.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville Ky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't root for either team to be honest, unless it has positive ramifications for our Fins...

Who does Miami want to win to bolster their playoff chances? I know the Jest are statistically in first, but I believe the Pats will end up winning more games as the season progresses.
    Last edited by Czonka39; 10-18-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: C+ in spelling
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think this bodes well for us, actually. NE will kick the living **** out of the Jets. They'll be coming off a humiliating loss and angry when they play us.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Left Coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Patriots are the better team and are likely to win the East. Let them take out the Jets and hopefully we do the same the week after. We need as many teams out of the picture if we are to grab a WC spot.
    Chris -

Bleeding aqua and orange since 1972
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Czonka39 View Post
    I can't root for either team to be honest, unless it has positive ramifications for our Fins...

Who does Miami want to win to bolster their playoff chances? I know the Jest are statistically in first, but I believe the Pats will end up winning more games as the season progresses.
    Good question. Here is the way I see it, us and and jets are still tied even though they have already beat us. So if we can pull a split that will give us a one game lead vs them if they win this week and then lose to us the following week (actually a half game because they have yet to have their bye, but you know what I mean). So even though the jets are my most hated team in the NFL, I would kinda like to see them beat the pats to keep the division close. That would mean if we could win vs the jets we would be ahead of both of them. Then if we could manage a split vs the pats (a VERY LONG SHOT IMO) we would have a realistic shot at the division.

Now on the flip side of that, the more reasonable thinking would be that the pats are off to a slow start but will put it together and win the division fairly easy, leaving us to battle the jets and several other teams for a wildcard spot. If that is the case then obviously you would have to pull for the jets to lose.

I know come Sunday I will not be able to watch the game without pulling against the jets. Some times when watching the jets play other teams I catch myself drifting off to a dream world where a meteor falls to earth right in the stadium where they are playing and crushes them to dust. Once a few years before Bin Ladin was killed, I considered sending him a letter telling how the jets were our most important Americian icon, and if he was to do something terrible to them America would never recover. After writing the letter I had trouble finding his address and finally gave up...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KTOWNFINFAN View Post
    I know come Sunday I will not be able to watch the game without pulling against the jets. Some times when watching the jets play other teams I catch myself drifting off to a dream world where a meteor falls to earth right in the stadium where they are playing and crushes them to dust. Once a few years before Bin Ladin was killed, I considered sending him a letter telling how the jets were our most important Americian icon, and if he was to do something terrible to them America would never recover. After writing the letter I had trouble finding his address and finally gave up...
    Oh, you have meteor fantasies too? And here I thought I was the only one.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We can't worry about the other teams. We just need to get better each week and win our games. If we win the game we should win then we'll make the playoffs. Problem i we already lost 2 of those games that we should have won. It's not going to be easy and the jets games could be our season right there. Last thing we need is to lose the tie breaker with them. We need to beat them or we could be out.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Offensive Mindset

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    new jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will never root for the Jets unless they are in position to help us out with regards to making the playoffs
    Quote Quote