Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Extend Jeff Ireland...

1. -91
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    So then you agree Ireland is responsible for RT and Philbin then? Hey also I was looking forward to reading your breakdowns of the Jets and Arizona games. Are you still going to do that?
    Why would Ireland be responsible for Philbin? That coach search was conducted by the owner and it was the owner who hired him, and Philbin is not even answerable to Ireland on the team org chart.

Ryan Tannehill yes he gets credit for pulling the trigger there. Although that was an insanely easy trigger to pull considering who the coaches were.

The breakdowns are not going well. I'm going to be honest the NFL's schedule is ****ing me over. They don't release All 22 footage until noon on Wednesday which means all I have is Wednesday night to break it down because if I'm still not done Thursday then all the sudden there's a Thursday Night Football game on and they black out NFL Rewind during that broadcast. Then I'm into Friday and I usually have people I'm getting together with Friday night. It's really become much more a pain in my ass than I had initially envisioned. I have a 9 to 5 job that works out to be more like 8 to 7, I think everyone knows how that goes.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    By the way when it comes to the Head Coach search there is quite a bit of evidence that Jeff Ireland preferred Mike McCoy the offensive coordinator of the Broncos, and that it was Steve Ross who preferred the architect of the high flying Packers offense over the guy who was most famous (at that point) for having churned out a semi-effective ground 'n pound offense with Tim Tebow at quarterback. At one point Jeff Ireland even told McCoy that "if all goes well" he'll be sending a jet for he and his family the next day. And at that time sources inside the building told someone I know in the media that Ross prefers Philbin but Ireland prefers McCoy and Ireland appears to be winning the argument. But then Steve Ross went with his gut.
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Ck. do you have a breakdown of tannys play in the cards game
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    Everyone that has talked smack about the guy the last couple of years, this is what he's given us:

Big men that ENSURE that any given week, we can dominate any given team in the trenches.
    Reggie Bush for a low round draft pick.
    Ryan Tannehill. Davone Bess. Brian Hartline. Anthony Fasano.
    Vontae Davis, who has regressed MAJORLY.. for a 2nd and late pick..
    Lots of picks and lots of money this offseason...

More than anything.. a BIG, STRONG, TOUGH team that can bang and play ANY style of football required of it.

If you are a Dolphins fan and aren't encouraged by what we've seen this year, you might want to find another team. I'm afraid nothing will ever be good enough for you.

We get a legit #1 receiver and just keep this core INTACT..we will be a force to reckoned with for years to come.

THAT SAID...this year is far from over. Tannehill has shown that he's got it. I, for one, am pumped.
    Glad to see that the sentiment for Ireland is finally turning here...I've been in on him the whole way.

I think he's done as good/ if not better than most GMs in the league. The talent has been on the field, we've just went through a patch of catching terrible breaks, I feel like as we turn it around this year, the players will validate Ireland's process.
    Tannchise
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Ck. do you have a breakdown of tannys play in the cards game
    See above post.
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You people keep raving about all this cap space we have next year and apparently keep forgetting that we have a bunch of our own FA to sign to big money contracts if we want to keep them. If we do not sign our own we will have gaping holes at positions that were ok this year plus we would need to fill the holes in the present team plus all our draft class. So in terms of Financial solvency we are in decent shape but we may not be getting a bunch of additional FAs next season.
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would prefer a different GM be in charge of all that cap space the Dolphins are scheduled to have in 2013, as well as all of those draft picks. Just being honest. I don't trust Jeff Ireland to build a complete team around Ryan Tannehill.
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I would prefer a different GM be in charge of all that cap space the Dolphins are scheduled to have in 2013, as well as all of those draft picks. Just being honest. I don't trust Jeff Ireland to build a complete team around Ryan Tannehill.
    Well that has been pretty apparent with your posts about Ireland and if we can get someone better then I am all for it. Past GM's prior to Ireland have not been very stellar for quite awhile around here which is as much a reason I find of retaining him than canning him. I am interested to see what Ireland keeps doing now that he is own his own without Parcells and Tony to influence him and beleive he has improved somewhat everyyear since he was hired and improved quite a lot this year.

If Philbin and RT keep performing well and either one does not want Ireland around then IMO you will get your wish.
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    Well that has been pretty apparent with your posts about Ireland and if we can get someone better then I am all for it. Past GM's prior to Ireland have not been very stellar for quite awhile around here which is as much a reason I find of retaining him than canning him. I am interested to see what Ireland keeps doing now that he is own his own without Parcells and Tony to influence him and beleive he has improved somewhat everyyear since he was hired and improved quite a lot this year.

If Philbin and RT keep performing well and either one does not want Ireland around then IMO you will get your wish.
    The difference is while you clearly exonerate Jeff Ireland of everything that happened prior to Bill Parcells leaving, I very much believe he was party to and in most cases had ownership of those mistakes.

You mention that we haven't have very good GMs around Miami prior to Ireland. I consider him among to be among them.
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    You people keep raving about all this cap space we have next year and apparently keep forgetting that we have a bunch of our own FA to sign to big money contracts if we want to keep them. If we do not sign our own we will have gaping holes at positions that were ok this year plus we would need to fill the holes in the present team plus all our draft class. So in terms of Financial solvency we are in decent shape but we may not be getting a bunch of additional FAs next season.

Last year we kept hearing about all that cap space and we all know how that turned out. Im quite fine with a new GM
    Quote Quote