Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Extend Jeff Ireland...

1. -131
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins28 View Post
    Do you honestly think that this team can beat the Ravens, Patriots or Steelers?
    Next season onwards.....HELL YES I DO!
    Quote Quote  

2. -132
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    His good moves are good

His bad moves are Real bad. Debilitatingly bad.

GM's make mistakes, but when they prove to be too costly, you're turning a team that's a Few Pieces Away to a team that Needs Answers.
    Quote Quote  

3. -133
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chicago
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Why should you esp the way he ignored receiver and defensive back this year.
    I'm an Ireland supporter, but trading Vontae Davis was a gigantic mistake imo.
    Quote Quote  

4. -134
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post

By the way when it comes to the Head Coach search there is quite a bit of evidence that Jeff Ireland preferred Mike McCoy the offensive coordinator of the Broncos, and that it was Steve Ross who preferred the architect of the high flying Packers offense over the guy who was most famous (at that point) for having churned out a semi-effective ground 'n pound offense with Tim Tebow at quarterback. At one point Jeff Ireland even told McCoy that "if all goes well" he'll be sending a jet for he and his family the next day. And at that time sources inside the building told someone I know in the media that Ross prefers Philbin but Ireland prefers McCoy and Ireland appears to be winning the argument. But then Steve Ross went with his gut.
    Thank God !
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This thread deserves a BUMP!

Lock up the management. The last 5 years of building has turned us into a formidable team with a healthy salary cap situation. Plenty of draft picks and the first FRANCHISE qb in over 10 years.
    Quote Quote  

6. -136
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    Calmrage A.K.A. Jay Lawrence

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cape Coral, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinegrabber View Post
    I can name three draft picks from this year that havent seen the field in any shape or form.
    And anyone who knows ANYthing knows that as common as the next day.
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    Everyone that has talked smack about the guy the last couple of years, this is what he's given us:

Big men that ENSURE that any given week, we can dominate any given team in the trenches.
    Reggie Bush for a low round draft pick.
    Ryan Tannehill. Davone Bess. Brian Hartline. Anthony Fasano.
    Vontae Davis, who has regressed MAJORLY.. for a 2nd and late pick..
    Lots of picks and lots of money this offseason...

More than anything.. a BIG, STRONG, TOUGH team that can bang and play ANY style of football required of it.

If you are a Dolphins fan and aren't encouraged by what we've seen this year, you might want to find another team. I'm afraid nothing will ever be good enough for you.

We get a legit #1 receiver and just keep this core INTACT..we will be a force to reckoned with for years to come.

THAT SAID...this year is far from over. Tannehill has shown that he's got it. I, for one, am pumped.

Quote Quote  

9. -139
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good post however would have been better if you thought more unbiasedly and credited him with his bad moves as well as his good ones.

With that being said I have always been right in the middle of the fence on Ireland. Neither for nor against, until this offseason. This offseason I jumped off the fence and went to the hater side as at this point his moves were questionable at best. However when the season started, and where we are now, I am back on the middle of the fence. I will see where I end up at the end of the season.

Now I did not give you a thumbs down because of what you said about Ireland, I gave you thumbs down because in your post you call out people fandom. When people have no other arguement to base their debate off, they begin calling out fandom, which will always take away from the substance of a post.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    Everyone that has talked smack about the guy the last couple of years, this is what he's given us:

Big men that ENSURE that any given week, we can dominate any given team in the trenches.
    Reggie Bush for a low round draft pick.
    Ryan Tannehill. Davone Bess. Brian Hartline. Anthony Fasano.
    Vontae Davis, who has regressed MAJORLY.. for a 2nd and late pick..
    Lots of picks and lots of money this offseason...

More than anything.. a BIG, STRONG, TOUGH team that can bang and play ANY style of football required of it.

If you are a Dolphins fan and aren't encouraged by what we've seen this year, you might want to find another team. I'm afraid nothing will ever be good enough for you.

We get a legit #1 receiver and just keep this core INTACT..we will be a force to reckoned with for years to come.

THAT SAID...this year is far from over. Tannehill has shown that he's got it. I, for one, am pumped.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

10. -140
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd like to again thank Ireland for NOT obtaining Alex Smith OR Matt Flynn. He should be extended for that fact alone!
    Quote Quote