Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Extend Jeff Ireland...

1. -101
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I would prefer a different GM be in charge of all that cap space the Dolphins are scheduled to have in 2013, as well as all of those draft picks. Just being honest. I don't trust Jeff Ireland to build a complete team around Ryan Tannehill.
    Why should you esp the way he ignored receiver and defensive back this year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -102
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Why should you esp the way he ignored receiver and defensive back this year.
    Well he didn't ignore defensive backs, he spent a sizable chunk of coin on Richard Marshall. I just think he signed the wrong guy, or perhaps the right guy for the wrong position. And he also depleted those two positions actively.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would prefer a different GM be in charge of all that cap space the Dolphins are scheduled to have in 2013, as well as all of those draft picks. Just being honest. I don't trust Jeff Ireland to build a complete team around Ryan Tannehill.
    That means a lot to me CK, Ireland I'm on the fence on, he does have a lot of excuses with BP, Sparano and co, and the one year without them he nails it by the look of it. Do you have any potential GMs in mind?
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well he didn't ignore defensive backs, he spent a sizable chunk of coin on Richard Marshall. I just think he signed the wrong guy, or perhaps the right guy for the wrong position. And he also depleted those two positions actively.
    Well Im saying he ignored our depth since he traded away Davis. We basically set the team up to have two nfl players at corner and two at receiver and let a bunch of practice squad players make up the depth thats what I mean

You bring up Marshall which is another reason I dont like Ireland he seems to always outbid himself. Who else was going to pay Marshall that money. He wanted to resign in AX and they were like we are not matching that silly offer. The one signing I did like by Ireland was Solai for 2 years 12 million although he stole a check the previous year being way overpaid
    Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    Well Im saying he ignored our depth since he traded away Davis. We basically set the team up to have two nfl players at corner and two at receiver and let a bunch of practice squad players make up the depth thats what I mean
    It was too late to do anything about the depth once he traded Davis, and he probably didn't know he was trading Davis until the Colts phoned him up. That's probably the issue though, he should've known that Davis might be a guy he could trade and he should have prepped for that.
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishfinfan1 View Post
    That means a lot to me CK, Ireland I'm on the fence on, he does have a lot of excuses with BP, Sparano and co, and the one year without them he nails it by the look of it. Do you have any potential GMs in mind?
    The popular ones seem to be guys like Nick Caserio and Eric DeCosta. Russ Ball is a consideration if you can combine him with a good director of personnel type. Omar Khan gets some love.

Caserio's kind of the rock star of the group if you really take a dive into his resume and look at the players he's drafted.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It was too late to do anything about the depth once he traded Davis, and he probably didn't know he was trading Davis until the Colts phoned him up. That's probably the issue though, he should've known that Davis might be a guy he could trade and he should have prepped for that.

Thats my only problem with the Vontae trade it shows a GM that has tunnel vision , never looking at big picture. I can live with a second for Davis although amazing how this board claims he sucks now, and before he was almost as good as Revis here. My problem with the trade it creates a huge hole in secondary and a draft pick that if we are lucky will be as good as Davis but in reality odds are not with us
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lurgan, N Ireland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=ckparrothead;1064447159]The popular ones seem to be guys like Nick Caserio and Eric DeCosta. Russ Ball is a consideration if you can combine him with a good director of personnel type. Omar Khan gets some love.

Caserio's kind of the rock star of the group if you really take a dive into his resume and look at the players he's drafted.[/QUOTE
    Thanks CK, will have to Google them as don't know much on them.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The difference is while you clearly exonerate Jeff Ireland of everything that happened prior to Bill Parcells leaving, I very much believe he was party to and in most cases had ownership of those mistakes.

You mention that we haven't have very good GMs around Miami prior to Ireland. I consider him among to be among them.
    I would say that is a misquote as far as me exonerating Jeff Ireland. IMO Jeff Ireland was influnenced by Parcells and probably by Tony for sure. Factually there is not denying that Ireland was in the position to sign off on all the personel moves making him repsonsible which is the point you make and I get it. The debate is about what led to the decsions regardless of who signed off on them and that is difficult to factually prove. My positon is that Ireland had and is improving as the GM and this year appears to be much better and connecting the dots his buddies are gone too so maybe we have something here. I just went back and read Armandos article on the McCoy hiring regarding Ireland and the time line is interesting if it all happened on the same day. McCoy interviews Thursday with Ireland and Ross and Philbin interviews with Ireland and Ross that same Thursday evening after McCoy leaves. Ireland "quoting" Armando implied to McCoy at the exit of his interview Thursday and before the Philbin interview later that eveining that it looked like the job was his. Philbin had yet to make his last pitch which lasted Thursday evening into Friday and he was hired. Would Ireland really have told McCoy that if Ross really felt that strongly about Philbin at that time? Looks more like Ireland and Ross almost had a time line to pick a coach and the last guy interviewed unexpectantly won the interview.

I have what I consider a bigger question for you regarding Richard Marshall and your position that he should be a safety and not a CB. Once Ireland signed Marshall is it not Philbins (head coaches) job to find the right home or spot for him on the team reagardless of the position he was aquired for? This leads me to another question regarding that if you are right and we replaced Clemons with Marshall would that be a overall improvement to the DB backfield after putting the best CB available at Marshalls current position?
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    I would say that is a misquote as far as me exonerating Jeff Ireland. IMO Jeff Ireland was influnenced by Parcells and probably by Tony for sure. Factually there is not denying that Ireland was in the position to sign off on all the personel moves making him repsonsible which is the point you make and I get it. The debate is about what led to the decsions regardless of who signed off on them and that is difficult to factually prove. My positon is that Ireland had and is improving as the GM and this year appears to be much better and connecting the dots his buddies are gone too so maybe we have something here. I just went back and read Armandos article on the McCoy hiring regarding Ireland and the time line is interesting if it all happened on the same day. McCoy interviews Thursday with Ireland and Ross and Philbin interviews with Ireland and Ross that same Thursday evening after McCoy leaves. Ireland "quoting" Armando implied to McCoy at the exit of his interview Thursday and before the Philbin interview later that eveining that it looked like the job was his. Philbin had yet to make his last pitch which lasted Thursday evening into Friday and he was hired. Would Ireland really have told McCoy that if Ross really felt that strongly about Philbin at that time? Looks more like Ireland and Ross almost had a time line to pick a coach and the last guy interviewed unexpectantly won the interview.

I have what I consider a bigger question for you regarding Richard Marshall and your position that he should be a safety and not a CB. Once Ireland signed Marshall is it not Philbins (head coaches) job to find the right home or spot for him on the team reagardless of the position he was aquired for? This leads me to another question regarding that if you are right and we replaced Clemons with Marshall would that be a overall improvement to the DB backfield after putting the best CB available at Marshalls current position?
    You say Ireland is improving are you basing that on his draft or free agency. Outside of the draft it seems he did not do very good job of trying to improve the team IMO.

Also the question you ask CK moving Marshall would cripple us now in my opinion because the corners behind him are fringe nfl players and corner is a more important positition which is harder to find. My take
    Quote Quote