Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Extend Jeff Ireland...

1. -121
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Extend Jeff Ireland...

The guy has 2 INT's covering arguably the best WR in football and you have complaints regarding his play? There is no defending the perfect throw. That was a perfect throw.
    Quote Quote  

2. -122
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    The guy has 2 INT's covering arguably the best WR in football and you have complaints regarding his play? There is no defending the perfect throw. That was a perfect throw.
    So him not even being close to the receiver had nothing to do with it lol. He was beat badly on that play. I dont remember both ints but the first one was a badly underthrown pass not some awesome break on a pass. Yes I do have complaints on his play leaving a very average receiver open on 4th down. He did a great job on Fitz, poor job on Roberts
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -123
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    So him not even being close to the receiver had nothing to do with it lol. He was beat badly on that play. I dont remember both ints but the first one was a badly underthrown pass not some awesome break on a pass. Yes I do have complaints on his play leaving a very average receiver open on 4th down. He did a great job on Fitz, poor job on Roberts
    It was a disappointing result on that play, but if you don't realize that some throws can't be defended, I guess all I can say is that you've never played football. I could understand giving Richard Marshall a hard time for his play throughout the game, and especially on that play, but Sean Smith was in zone coverage on that 4th down conversion and Kolb threaded the needle right where it had to be.
    Quote Quote  

4. -124
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the defense as a whole has adopted a "bend but don't break" philosophy from the moment they traded Vontae. I think he signed Richard Marshall to play nickel, and then the Vontae trade came about. Knowing that we don't have the corners to shut down opposing offenses, knowing how good our defensive front it, and knowing that our offense was going to TRY and be as aggressive as possible...it's a good decision.

You go to war with the military you have, not the military you want. Sean Smith is becoming very good, we do need a legitimate corner to pair with him but they will try and find that in the offseason. Bend but don't break is smart considering the weakness of our team is the secondary, and there is NO team in the NFL without a weakness.
    I can't make any sense at all of this.
    Quote Quote  

5. -125
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    Meaning the Vontae trade was too good to pass up, but without Vontae our secondary is vulnerable. So as a defense, you try not to give up huge plays. Underneath completions are ok, getting behind the safeties is not.
    Quote Quote  

6. -126
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It was a disappointing result on that play, but if you don't realize that some throws can't be defended, I guess all I can say is that you've never played football. I could understand giving Richard Marshall a hard time for his play throughout the game, and especially on that play, but Sean Smith was in zone coverage on that 4th down conversion and Kolb threaded the needle right where it had to be.

I played plenty of football and zone or not Roberts was wide open, this was not a case of threading the needle. The man that was covering that zone was Smith and he lost him on the break.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    it makes perfect sense just give up 300 yards passing a week and see how many games u win lol
    Quote Quote  

7. -127
    A very famous spit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    On more than one occasion Philbin has hinted his distaste for the "talent" on this roster.

The sooner Ireland goes, the better this team will be or else Philbin and Tannehill will be forced to win in spite of bad personnel man.

Ross has got good instincts, he'll do right by us, it's inevitable Ireland is fired because frankly Ireland just isn't very good at his job.
    Quote Quote  

8. -128
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It was apparent last year with Vonte Davis out we were hurting. Interesting to know the inside scoop of what Philbin and Ireland were thinking?
    Quote Quote  

9. -129
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No thanks...Way to many misses in drafting and his free agents...

One or two success doesn't negate all his negative moves...Get rid of him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -130
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What are some of the changes that you would desire happen in the past with Ireland's decisions??
    Quote Quote