Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516

Thread: Extend Jeff Ireland...

1. -151
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Request

Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Well he really wanted Alex Smith, but Alex was playing him so they could offer more money and increase San Fran's offer (and I think he was a little pissed that they were seeking Peyton Manning services . . . which looks genius to everybody who atleast tried). Thank goodness.

Flynn, I think Joe Philbin knew what he was and they lowballed him just an insurance policy because he knew the system.

You can't extend Jeff Ireland on 2 moves that literally didn't require much from him at all. Why not look at the history of this guy and see the many busts he has had and read up on other "personnel guys" that could be available to us this offseason before settling for Ireland because a couple picks have flashed. I think he is in charge of the draft next year . . . but I need to see much more before he gets my endorsement for resigning him to an extension.
    Wow. If this is not hatred at it's finest, then I don't know what it. If he wanted Alex so bad why didn't he just make him an offer he couldn't refuse? So let me get this retarted **** correct; the bad was him wanting Smith, and then the other bad was averted because Philbin stepped in and stopped him from signing Flynn. But, either way THE GENERAL MANAGER of the team didn't sign either. So, he would have been hate more if he had signed Alex Smith, but if he did, which he didn't, it would have been Alex who would have played him. Now, because he didn't sign Flynn it was all because of Philbin. So you would have rag him if he signed smith, and rag him, because he didn't sing Flynn. Man you're hatred for Ireland is just ****ing incredible.

So Ireland got this far signing or drafting all 22 players with the exception of Fields and Solia, but he would have gotten suckered by Alex Smith and Matt Flynn which he did not. So in your little brain he still got duped by those two? I'm confused hater..

By the time you think Ireland is worth your endorsement, so much is going to have been done by him, that your opinion is going to be rendered pointless.
    Last edited by CRAZYDOLFAN305; 10-20-2012 at 05:19 AM.
    Quote Quote  

2. -152
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Wow. If this is not hatred at it's finest, then I don't know what it. If he wanted Alex so bad why didn't he just make him an offer he couldn't refuse? So let me get this retarted **** correct; the bad was him wanting Smith, and then the other bad was averted because Philbin stepped in and stopped him from signing Flynn. But, either way THE GENERAL MANAGER of the team didn't sign either. So, he would have been hate more if he had signed Alex Smith, but if he did, which he didn't, it would have been Alex who would have played him. Now, because he didn't sign Flynn it was all because of Philbin. So you decided to rag him if he would have signed smith, and rag him because he didn't sing Flynn. Man you're hatred for Ireland is just ****ing incredible.
    So Ireland got this far signing or drafting all 22 players with the exception of Fields and Solia, but he would have gotten suckered by Alex Smith and Matt Flynn which he did not. So in your little brain he still got duped by those two? I'm confused hater..

By the time you think Ireland is worth your endorsement, so much is going to have been done by him, that your opinion is going to be rendered pointless.
    Resorting to name calling and insults with your intolerable rhetoric isn't called for. You don't know what Alex wanted . . . reports show where Ireland requested Alex stay in town in a attempt to so call "hammer out" a deal and were talking 8 million a year. Ironically San Fran matched that offer and Alex obviously wen't back to the team that was a play away from making the Super Bowl. If Joe Philbin wanted Matt Flynn here, he would be a Dolphin . . . if you think Philbin wanted Flynn and Ireland used his "iron fist" in overruling him . . . you are incredibly naive. Why should I give him credit for not signing those guys . . . guess he told Peyton Manning no as well . . . right? Oh wait, Peyton didn't even wanna have a conversation with Jeff Ireland despite being a 30 minute drive away . . . we needed Ross and Marino to beg Peyton for us to fly to him . . . please, Ireland has very little respect in this league as demonstrated by the numerous free agents that have talked **** about him.

It's not ragging on him when it's truth. Hey I hope he does get it turned around, that is where you have me confused . . . I'm a Dolphins fan not a Jeff Ireland fan, however if the team continues to improve obviously Jeff Ireland deserves some credit in that. The thread is about extending him, and you don't extend a GM that has 3 consecutive losing seasons and a .500 record in 6 games this season. You can call me a confused hater and all that other babbling bull**** you are speaking, truth is I could give 2 ****s about ya buddy.
    Quote Quote  

3. -153
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Resorting to name calling and insults with your intolerable rhetoric isn't called for. You don't know what Alex wanted . . . reports show where Ireland requested Alex stay in town in a attempt to so call "hammer out" a deal and were talking 8 million a year. Ironically San Fran matched that offer and Alex obviously wen't back to the team that was a play away from making the Super Bowl. If Joe Philbin wanted Matt Flynn here, he would be a Dolphin . . . if you think Philbin wanted Flynn and Ireland used his "iron fist" in overruling him . . . you are incredibly naive. Why should I give him credit for not signing those guys . . . guess he told Peyton Manning no as well . . . right? Oh wait, Peyton didn't even wanna have a conversation with Jeff Ireland despite being a 30 minute drive away . . . we needed Ross and Marino to beg Peyton for us to fly to him . . . please, Ireland has very little respect in this league as demonstrated by the numerous free agents that have talked **** about him.

It's not ragging on him when it's truth. Hey I hope he does get it turned around, that is where you have me confused . . . I'm a Dolphins fan not a Jeff Ireland fan, however if the team continues to improve obviously Jeff Ireland deserves some credit in that. The thread is about extending him, and you don't extend a GM that has 3 consecutive losing seasons and a .500 record in 6 games this season. You can call me a confused hater and all that other babbling bull**** you are speaking, truth is I could give 2 ****s about ya buddy.
    CrazyDolphanboy AKA Finatic8490 has been OWNED

keep on keepin on telling the truth Kdawg = who's always got a firm grasp on reality regarding this team and its situation. One of the few people along with CK, hoops, Ted Slimm, Boomer, and a couple others who actually bring reality and some knowledge to the table,, people who keep me coming back to this board. Without them this message board would be a total lost cause
    Quote Quote  

4. -154
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dawg, I learned that with this guy all you can do is state your case once and leave it. It's like playing tug of war with a dog that won't quit and resorts to snarling to try and intimidate the other side. Not worth it.
    Quote Quote  

5. -155
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieTheTuna View Post
    Henne sucked, but so did the supporting casts he played with. Our 2007 run with Pennington suprised everyone. It was not the result of a front office fielding a good squad. Same with Moore. In fact, the team looked so promising, that we sent Moore packing when we could have kept that team together. We did that because we knew that same team would almost certainly not be 6-3 after 9 games this year. I can't argue with the raw numbers of the team sans Henne, but if you ignore the QB position, do you really think the rest of our roster was 17-8 good. We had no elite players at any position. Teams like that don't win consistently without top QB play.

If Henne was so blatantly terrible that he alone held a perennial division winner in the cellar, then who should we be blaming for having him be the only option for 4 years?
    I believed in Henne. He had all the tools but never put it all together. You can't blame the front office for giving him time to develop. He simply never developed. But we gave him time and that's the way you're supposed to do it.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crazydolfan305 View Post
    wow. If this is not hatred at it's finest, then i don't know what it. If he wanted alex so bad why didn't he just make him an offer he couldn't refuse? So let me get this retarted **** correct; the bad was him wanting smith, and then the other bad was averted because philbin stepped in and stopped him from signing flynn. But, either way the general manager of the team didn't sign either. So, he would have been hate more if he had signed alex smith, but if he did, which he didn't, it would have been alex who would have played him. Now, because he didn't sign flynn it was all because of philbin. So you would have rag him if he signed smith, and rag him, because he didn't sing flynn. Man you're hatred for ireland is just ****ing incredible.

So ireland got this far signing or drafting all 22 players with the exception of fields and solia, but he would have gotten suckered by alex smith and matt flynn which he did not. So in your little brain he still got duped by those two? I'm confused hater..

By the time you think ireland is worth your endorsement, so much is going to have been done by him, that your opinion is going to be rendered pointless.
    #boom
    Quote Quote  

6. -156
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Look, i don't mean to sound vitriolic to any Dolphins fan brethren of mine, we are all on the same side. My argument is Jeff Ireland HAS done a good job the last 4 years. This management team took a 1-15 team to the playoffs for God's sake! Then Henne happened...mediocrity ensued. Then Matt Moore happened, and WE WENT BACK TO WINNING.

NOW, that we have Philbin and Tannehill in place, who BY DEFINITION are IRELAND's acquisitions, seeing as HE is the GM, a GOOD amount of his picks are starting to blossom. IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE QB POSITION. CHAD HENNE WAS THE PROBLEM. But giving him time to develop was the correct course. I liked Chad Henne, but he was what he was from his first year at Michigan onwards..
    Quote Quote