Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Extend Jeff Ireland...

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I'm sorry but Jeff Ireland has not done a good job. The team's free agency was disastrously bad this offseason, among other things.
    How so? Bc we missed on Matt Flynn and Peyton Manning? You'd rather have them going towards the future?

Only thing i can point to is not acquiring a receiver. But his business model is to find value, and Philbin obviously knows that his system can make a average wide receiver look good. Egnew might be a flop, but all of a sudden Jovorskie Lane and John Jerry are playing really good football. For every miss someone can point out, i can point out 2 hits.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You're on to something. If 1-3 isn't good enough for you then you're just too damn picky. We can play any style of football except winning football apparently. 3 straight losing seasons and sitting on a 1-3 record is not quite worthy of an extension..
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm glad some people aren't delusional. The guy has done nothing but fill the roster with talent, and when he's made mistakes WHICH ALL GMS DO! Instead of stick by them like Rick Speilman, he's been quick to move on; we have a great core of DRAFTED talent, something we haven't seen in Miami since JJ's defense;

Ireland is great and needs to be retained, **** the haters
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Not about to give the guy an extension just yet, but he should have the opportunity to finish this year and next year
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Leave Users Titles Alone!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oneida County, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinegrabber View Post
    I can name three draft picks from this year that havent seen the field in any shape or form.
    But I can see our first, our second, two thirds and a seventh playing significant time. We have a 6th, i believe, that hasnt had an opportunity to get on the field yet, but he will. I see six out of eight that are on the team and working on making it better. So you only would have been happy if all eight picks "saw" the field. Is the glass half empty or half full in your world, man...? You don't have to answer that.

And not for nothing, but how many teams can boast that five of eight and soon to be six of eight are contributing early and effectively. NONE!!! Nice job, Ireland. You are building a solid team...

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Last edited by NY8123; 10-04-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Off-Topic Warning removed
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    The Man - Formerly Grush

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vancouver, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    He got us Cam Wake too....people seem to look past that, arguably one of the top pass rushers in the game.

Sign: Daryn Colledge
    Draft: 1. LB Ryan Shazier 2. OL Joel Bitonio 3. WR Donte Moncrief 4. OL Brandon Thomas 5. OT Laurent Duvernay Tardif 6. RB Bo Oliver 7. TBD

LT Albert LG Smith C Pouncey RG Colledge RT Bitonio
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by grushcow View Post
    He got us Cam Wake too....people seem to look past that, arguably one of the top pass rushers in the game.
    People will argue that it wasnt a draft pick an doesnt count, which is a BS argument imo. How many other GMs are scounting the Canadian league? Not many.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While I will say this years draft has some promising players, I don't think it's fair to just look at this draft. Yes, our first 2 picks are helping this team, but they were top picks in each round. Those are supposed to be your automatic, I know nothing is automatic, starters and contributors. To say Jeff Ireland is doing great; because, he moves on from his mistakes is kinda funny. The problem I have with Jeff Ireland is the lack of depth on this team. Our wide receivers are laughable, Bess and Hartline have done well, but no one else is even decent. The secondary is a mess, while Sean Smith has played well, the rest of our secondary has struggled. Linebackers are good but expensive. There are holes all over this team, and that comes from poor drafting year in and year out. I will say I never wanted to see Ireland back this year, and while he has had a good draft, what makes you think it will continue? His first 3 drafts haven't been very good.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The team he built, whether through drafts, FA, trade, etc..is solid. Our big men are downright menacing. The one thing I think you could legitimately point to and say he failed is skill positions, but he's proving that he found talent there, too. Hartline, Bess, Fasano...they just needed a QB. Egnew is disappointing, but with Philbin having input i'm very confident in our future drafting.

The Parcellian style of drafting (drafting big men, bc size and strength can't be taught) IMO is correct.

For every Pat White theres a Lamar Miller and Davone Bess.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dcnr226 View Post
    The team he built, whether through drafts, FA, trade, etc..is solid. Our big men are downright menacing. The one thing I think you could legitimately point to and say he failed is skill positions, but he's proving that he found talent there, too. Hartline, Bess, Fasano...they just needed a QB. Egnew is disappointing, but with Philbin having input i'm very confident in our future drafting.

The Parcellian style of drafting (drafting big men, bc size and strength can't be taught) IMO is correct.

For every Pat White theres a Lamar Miller and Davone Bess.
    Do you honestly think that this team can beat the Ravens, Patriots or Steelers?
    Quote Quote