Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Extend Jeff Ireland...

1. -51
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I think he's responsible for all of it.
    So then you agree Ireland is responsible for RT and Philbin then? Hey also I was looking forward to reading your breakdowns of the Jets and Arizona games. Are you still going to do that?
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL_PHIN_FAN View Post
    Thank you for showing how well you can miss the OP's point. By that reply one could assume you don't watch the football games, but sit here and complain about records early in a season where everyone in the AFC East has at least 2 losses with only 4 games played. Anyone who's actually WATCHED the games can see that we are a 1-3 team only by a hair, and could just as easily be 3-1 leading the division.

If you choose to ignore that fact, then you aren't someone I'd really care to talk football with anyway. You aren't realistic and you ignore facts.
    If the point was "Extend Jeff Ireland" I think I got it, I just reject it as extremely ****ing stupid. Are you trying to be ironic? 'I don't believe in wins and losses, I believe in realism and facts!' You know the same argument for the value of close losses was made during '07. It's kind of the rallying cry for habitual losers. Keeping Ireland might be a worthwhile debate at some point after the season, but to suggest he's earned it after a string of losing seasons and a 1-3 record is so ludicrous that this demented mindset that is so incapable of accountability or perspective has to be at the core of everything wrong in the world.

What I find really tiresome is you dimwits suggesting people "don't know football" because they place value on winning. It's so damn backwards. I don't know how to break this to you champ but I have no interest in "talking football" with you if that gibberish you spewed at me in some attempt at an attack is what you think discussion is. I have an extremely low opinion of just about all the apologists on this site. Anytime I'm drawn into a conversation with one of you, it's about as meaningful to me as talking politics with the stuttering mope who bags my groceries.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Extend Jeff Ireland...

Ireland wouldn't last a week without a GM offer! We need to make shure he is a fin! Extend the man ross!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Or that Ross stepped in to put the kibosh on trading for Orton - let alone paying 8mil.
    I remember some people on these boards wanted to trade a first for Orton. Tannehill for Orton doesn't seem like a good deal now does it?

I'm also starting to warm to the idea that it just might be worth it to keep Ireland if its only to not risk losing Philbin.

And OP,

You don't think every team in the league has a list of good players their GM can hang his hat on? Having a list of good players is not anything special relative to the rest of the league.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    If the point was "Extend Jeff Ireland" I think I got it, I just reject it as extremely ****ing stupid. Are you trying to be ironic? 'I don't believe in wins and losses, I believe in realism and facts!' You know the same argument for the value of close losses was made during '07. It's kind of the rallying cry for habitual losers. Keeping Ireland might be a worthwhile debate at some point after the season, but to suggest he's earned it after a string of losing seasons and a 1-3 record is so ludicrous that this demented mindset that is so incapable of accountability or perspective has to be at the core of everything wrong in the world.

What I find really tiresome is you dimwits suggesting people "don't know football" because they place value on winning. It's so damn backwards. I don't know how to break this to you champ but I have no interest in "talking football" with you if that gibberish you spewed at me in some attempt at an attack is what you think discussion is. I have an extremely low opinion of just about all the apologists on this site. Anytime I'm drawn into a conversation with one of you, it's about as meaningful to me as talking politics with the stuttering mope who bags my groceries.
    Like I said earlier some of you you guns like your self who have been on the short end of this ride with the Phins just have not seen how bad it has been around here with GM'S going back to Shula. We might finally have a real coach and QB for the first time in a long time and that makes a huge difference. Ross has more reliable football sources than you and I and most every fan on this sight which is why Ireland is still here. Lets see where the end of this year brings us. Shula won with pretty low talent and a good QB so quit the crying and let's see if we have one. By the way I am willing to throw Ireland under the bus if RT and Philbin a not for real. Now if you and others suddenly want to deny Ireland credit for RT and Philbin then dimwit is a good word for you to use when you look in the mirror and think of Ireland
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bro I have to respectfully disagree. We can't draft a TE to push Fasano to make him better and we haven't been able to draft WR's to shore up the unit like it should be. My concern is to not see the two # 2's and the two number 3's wasted on players like Egnew.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phintim View Post
    Like I said earlier some of you you guns like your self who have been on the short end of this ride with the Phins just have not seen how bad it has been around here with GM'S going back to Shula. We might finally have a real coach and QB for the first time in a long time and that makes a huge difference. Ross has more reliable football sources than you and I and most every fan on this sight which is why Ireland is still here. Lets see where the end of this year brings us. Shula won with pretty low talent and a good QB so quit the crying and let's see if we have one. By the way I am willing to throw Ireland under the bus if RT and Philbin a not for real. Now if you and others suddenly want to deny Ireland credit for RT and Philbin then dimwit is a good word for you to use when you look in the mirror and think of Ireland
    Actually, I think the older fans are generally more critical of the current state of the franchise because we hold this team to the higher standard that was set by Shula. Because of Shula I have it hardwired into my system that the Dolphins are the league's most prestigious, storied team and always belong among the elite. I always thought it was the younger fans who crow about Ireland in debates about whether or not he's better than Mueller or Spielman. I mean who gives a ****. Also doesn't Ross deserve credit for Philbin. Or should we reject the reports that Ireland wanted McCoy? Btw, Tannehill is for real and if you're going to credit Ireland for him then you're going to be in Ireland's corner for a long time.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I remember some people on these boards wanted to trade a first for Orton. Tannehill for Orton doesn't seem like a good deal now does it?

I'm also starting to warm to the idea that it just might be worth it to keep Ireland if its only to not risk losing Philbin.

And OP,

You don't think every team in the league has a list of good players their GM can hang his hat on? Having a list of good players is not anything special relative to the rest of the league.
    You're right. Even the Cameron era yielded Paul Soliai.

Where has Jeff Ireland failed? The last 4 years were given to Chad Henne so that he could blossom...he didn't. IMO it says more about the job Ireland has done down here that we did so well when Henne DIDN'T play (Pennington/Moore). Philbin and Tannehill and a top 5 defense and an offseason with lots of cap space and lots of draft picks...all thanks to Ireland. He and Philbin are the antithesis of Tannebaum and Rex, they emphasize VALUE and CHARACTER, and the result is that we are setup to succeed, now and heading into the future.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by OyeDale305 View Post
    He also signed Garbage Nannee and Drafted egnew the guy that hasn't even played yet.. oh yea Armstrong!!
    he kept naanee as long as Phiblin wanted to, then he cut him. bonus points for working with his head coach in getting and keeping the type of players phiblin wants, and getting rid of those philbin doesn't want. I'm sure jason garrett would love to get rid of dez bryant instead of coming up with ways to keep him.

Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland seems like a nice guy, but when it comes time to evaluating and drafting talent he gets a grade of a D, at best. To me that is just as important a job as making trades, retaining quality players, and signing free agents. I think the Phins can do a lot better with a new GM.
    Quote Quote