Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Extend Jeff Ireland...

1. -71
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    And we're currently 1-3, and will be around 6-10 at best. Good riddance Ireland.
    What you expect with a rookie QB, rookie head coach, new OL and DL schemes get real. As much as I want to see them win its not like this some comic book thing with super heroes it does take time
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is not ONE SINGLE gain, not ONE SINGLE improvement, that has taken place on this team that can be attributed to ireland directly.

Philbin came because Ross wanted him. There is abundant evidence that ireland wanted someone else.

I am happy with Philbin and what he has done. I lay the strides forward we have made at the feet of Philbin. HE is the consummate profession who has made these players GROW UP and start playing right. He knows how to win.

I believe Philbin went to the mat to get Tannehill. I am 100% convinced ireland wanted someone else, for all the wrong reasons.

ireland has been a "1 step forward, 2 steps back" guy all his career.

A COMPETENT GM does not have this team virtually devoid of skill position talent, and drafts at least a percentage of players who can play RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX rather than "projects" and "acorns", half or more of whom never pan out.

ANYTHING we do this year is IN SPITE OF ireland, not BECAUSE OF him.
    Ryan Tannehill. Ah, what a relief. Life is good.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is this a troll thread? I cannot believe that anyone who has watched this team over the last few years would post this. I can see saying not to fire him even though I disagree but to advocate extending him is too strange.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iwastherein72 View Post
    There is not ONE SINGLE gain, not ONE SINGLE improvement, that has taken place on this team that can be attributed to ireland directly.

Philbin came because Ross wanted him. There is abundant evidence that ireland wanted someone else.

I am happy with Philbin and what he has done. I lay the strides forward we have made at the feet of Philbin. HE is the consummate profession who has made these players GROW UP and start playing right. He knows how to win.

I believe Philbin went to the mat to get Tannehill. I am 100% convinced ireland wanted someone else, for all the wrong reasons.

A COMPETENT GM does not have this team virtually devoid of skill position talent, and drafts at least a percentage of players who can play RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX rather than "projects" and "acorns", half or more of whom never pan out.

How do you know all this o great one? Amazing how everyone credits everything that they want or do not want to Ireland. Ireland gets the credit for all the decisions for the guy that hired him Parcells and hired with him Tony and suddenly when they are gone he is responsible for none of the decisions how convienent. Ireland is the cat right now face it Ross was fumbling around just a year ago brought in his friend from the chiefs who endorsed Ireland at that time as the guy. Drop your hate long enough to see the end of this season. This year is not over yet let's see what it brings past this point. I said I would pass judgement on Ireland at this point based on what Philbin and RT looked like. Some fans gave me grief why 4 games would be justified at this point well 4 games was enough to buy this team some more time at this point. Philbin, RT, Martin and Miller all are looking much better than at the beginning of the season Ireland first real season as being on his own without his buddies as GM of the Phins!

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

[QUOTE=iwastherein72;1064446611]There is not ONE SINGLE gain, not ONE SINGLE improvement, that has taken place on this team that can be attributed to ireland directly.

ANYTHING we do this year is IN SPITE OF ireland, not BECAUSE OF him.[/QUOT

Right I guess we need to hire you instead
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well since Ross has made such brilliant decisions to this point, and extending Sparano last year worked like a charm, I'm sure Ross will take this suggestion under advisement. Maybe if the team finishes 8-8 he'll name Ireland the GM for life.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    I'm sorry but Jeff Ireland has not done a good job. The team's free agency was disastrously bad this offseason, among other things.
    we had zero money to spend, and we were far from one player away from making a run. Next off-season will be a completely different tune.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan_ View Post
    we had zero money to spend, and we were far from one player away from making a run. Next off-season will be a completely different tune.
    No talent and no money to spend. If only there were somebody to blame for putting us in that situation...
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This thread clearly has the brain worms.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Iced Earth: Dante's Inferno (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ScQ7SNeJg
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iwastherein72 View Post

Completely baseless and semi-moronic. Next.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington, DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm still undecided about Ireland. I can't determine if he or Parcells was responsible for drafting Merling, White, Turner, etc. I'm still willing to give him more time, but man....not sure if it's just me, but he really kinda rubbed me wrong during Hard Knocks. I have no good explanation other than he kinda seemed like a pr!ck.
    Quote Quote