Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, who do you target in next years draft?

1. -41
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Woods is another guy I'm not liking. He may be OK as a slot receiver at the next level but I don't see him as a play maker on the outside. I don't see the explosion there, I don't see a guy getting any YAC this year...8.8 ypc is pretty bad against some fairly weak competition (Hawaii, Syracuse, Stanford, Cal and Utah is who've they've played).
    I think both Woods and Hopkins would look comfortable playing Split End and being possession receivers. I don't think either needs to move to the slot.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Woods is another guy I'm not liking. He may be OK as a slot receiver at the next level but I don't see him as a play maker on the outside. I don't see the explosion there, I don't see a guy getting any YAC this year...8.8 ypc is pretty bad against some fairly weak competition (Hawaii, Syracuse, Stanford, Cal and Utah is who've they've played).
    He has been dealing with a bum ankle the past season and a half. I'm curious to see what a healthy Robert Woods looks like. Haven't seen it since his freshman year.

Also, keep in mind a large chunk of Woods' receptions are bubble screens. Kiffin has an addiction.
    Last edited by WitheringPlant; 10-10-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bum ankle mixed with USC offense makes it more difficult for Woods to get the kind of stats that Marqise Lee is getting. Lee is going to end up being the better receiver, but Woods is extremely talented in his own right.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by WitheringPlant View Post
    He has been dealing with a bum ankle the past season and a half. I'm curious to see what a healthy Robert Woods looks like. Haven't seen it since his freshman year.

Also, keep in mind a large chunk of Woods' receptions are bubble screens. Kiffin has an addiction.
    That's my concern. He looked best his freshman year and either due to injury or whatever he hasn't developed. I'm just not banking on a healthy Woods being better than he is now when there are other options. Now if he slips to the 4th round or later then he may be worth the risk then I'm just not spending a high pick on this kid.

Egnew ran a bunch of bubble screens and look how much he's struggling to get a hold of the offense. Pearcy Harvin is another guy that did that a lot at Florida and he still doesn't run good routes. Harvin has elite speed though so they still run a lot of short passes and screen plays to him now, just get the ball in his hands and let his speed and elusiveness do the rest but Woods doesn't have those elite skill...not that I've noticed anyway.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's my concern. He looked best his freshman year and either due to injury or whatever he hasn't developed. I'm just not banking on a healthy Woods being better than he is now when there are other options. Now if he slips to the 4th round or later then he may be worth the risk then I'm just not spending a high pick on this kid.

Egnew ran a bunch of bubble screens and look how much he's struggling to get a hold of the offense. Pearcy Harvin is another guy that did that a lot at Florida and he still doesn't run good routes. Harvin has elite speed though so they still run a lot of short passes and screen plays to him now, just get the ball in his hands and let his speed and elusiveness do the rest but Woods doesn't have those elite skill...not that I've noticed anyway.
    I think you're selling him a bit short here. I wasn't say Woods operates out of a Mickey Mouse offense where he only runs bubble screens. I don't see why he would have troubling grasping an NFL offense. However, the fact that he does catch a fair amount of bubble screens naturally means his YPC should be lower. He may not be worth a 1st, but I don't think anything has changed to warrant knocking him down to the 4th.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Keenan allen or hunter in the 1st round

a guy live tavon austin or bailey in the 2nd. I like tavon more though, his after the catch ability is through the roof. Allen is good with YAC too. but tavon may have the best yac ability in the whole draft class.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Phins fanatic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm a big fan of Allen who can run the slants and in cuts while also getting YAC and being a deep threat. That, to me, is a #1 WR. A guy who can run the full route tree and force a Safety to help to stop him.

Tavon Austin is a more refined McCluster in my view, and would be a bit of a luxury pick for our team in the top-50 picks. I like Stedman Bailey who is much more physical and is a deep threat. I like Marquess Wilson more than both, but I'm not sure he'll come out since he'll still have a QB next year and the WR corps looks elite at the top, but he could slot into that #3 area in the pecking order behind Lee and Watkins.

Hopkins has improved and Da'Rick is a good player as well. Cordarelle Patterson is a guy who will help a team. There are a lot of WR's I like in this drat, so much to the point that I don't think you have to lock yourself into one in the 1st round.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm getting a big man crush on Keenan Allen, He is clearly more well-rounded and more talented than the rest. And he has no FEAR going over the middle and in traffic ( I love that), a real football player to go along with his talent. I love the kid and he'd make an excellent addition to this offense.

I'm hearing TE Finley is in cahoots and in the doghouse in Green Bay. Draft Allen and trade for Finley and let's see what happens next season. The rest of the draft can go to pass rushers and the secondary (and maybe a LB as we are very thin there). Add in a good free agent for the missing piece, hopefully an impact guy with clear leadership qualities for the cherry on top of the 2013 offseason.

If all that happened I'd be quite content & happy going into next season.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    I'm getting a big man crush on Keenan Allen, He is clearly more well-rounded and more talented than the rest. And he has no FEAR going over the middle and in traffic ( I love that), a real football player to go along with his talent. I love the kid and he'd make an excellent addition to this offense.

I'm hearing TE Finley is in cahoots and in the doghouse in Green Bay. Draft Allen and trade for Finley and let's see what happens next season. The rest of the draft can go to pass rushers and the secondary (and maybe a LB as we are very thin there). Add in a good free agent for the missing piece, hopefully an impact guy with clear leadership qualities for the cherry on top of the 2013 offseason.

If all that happened I'd be quite content & happy going into next season.
    Finley's play has dropped off dramatically. He's dropping a lot of passes, he can still get open but the drops are part of the reason the Packers are struggling on offense (for them).
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WitheringPlant View Post

Isn't that in itself a big concern? Who fights an ankle issue for 2 years?

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

I don't like that Michael Egnew is already a cautionary tale. I just don't think it carries much validity.
    Quote Quote