Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Who tarnished the franchise more?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pat White

64 53.33%
  • Naanee

56 46.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Worse player - Pat White vs. Naanee

1. -11
    the annual ritual

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    in a bottle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Exactly. Relative to the opportunity cost, Pat White might very well be the worst player in franchise history. If it's not him, he's certainly on a very exclusive list along with Eric Kumerow, Eddie Moore, Yatil Green, Don Reese, Billy Milner, Darryl Carlton and Jackie Shipp. Guys like John Avery, Tedd Ginn, Jason Allen, Sammie Smith and David Overstreet (like Green, it's not his fault, but still) were terrible but at least did something. The guys on the first list were complete losses.
    i think overstreet died before he ever played for us. could be mistaken though.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Legadon't was my favorite nickname.

Anyway, I'm amazed people are willing to ignore the pick spent on White in choosing Naanee in this poll. Only in the context of opportunity cost does this kind of exercise make even marginal sense, otherwise there's a whole history of practice scrubs and other barely rosterable maggots who rank far below even Naanee in franchise history. Naanee made very little dent in the scheme of things. He didn't cost a pick, a ton of money, lose a game or get anyone hurt. We'll forget about him soon enough.

White, on the other hand, will live on in Infamy. And for good reason. He was an embarrassment on the field, perpetuated a joke gimmick of an offense, and was also taken just a few picks before the likes of Connor Barwin and LeSean McCoy.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 72champagne View Post
    i think overstreet died before he ever played for us. could be mistaken though.
    No, he played some in '83. Even caught a touchdown pass from Marino, I believe.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 10-02-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calabasas, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Poll: Worse player - Pat White vs. Naanee

Pat on dat! like Smokey said, " you got knocked the f**k out!"
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Missouri
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Naanee made very little dent in the scheme of things. He didn't cost a pick, a ton of money, lose a game or get anyone hurt.
    If Matthews is active instead of Naanee, not sure we lose the Arizona game. He could've dropped that pass or fell flat on his face after hauling it in, either of which would've made the win much easier than the non-contact fumble, which has to be one of the worst plays I've ever seen any WR make, ever.

Of course, some of the throws Pat White attempted were some of the worst pass attempts I've ever seen too.

BTW - go back and look at that 2009 draft as a whole. That draft is chocked full of busts and disappointments, all around, not just our team.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
    If Matthews is active instead of Naanee, not sure we lose the Arizona game. He could've dropped that pass or fell flat on his face after hauling it in, either of which would've made the win much easier than the non-contact fumble, which has to be one of the worst plays I've ever seen any WR make, ever.

Of course, some of the throws Pat White attempted were some of the worst pass attempts I've ever seen too.

BTW - go back and look at that 2009 draft as a whole. That draft is chocked full of busts and disappointments, all around, not just our team.
    Except, as bad as it was, Smith's INT and the resulting long touchdown made Lega's booboo irrelevant. It didn't lose us the game at all.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Missouri
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Except, as bad as it was, Smith's INT and the resulting long touchdown made Legabooboo's mistake irrelevant. It didn't lose us the game at all.
    Well I don't have the machine that takes me to the parallel universe where he holds on to the ball instead of fumbling, but I'd like to think we score a TD on that drive, eat up a bunch of clock and perhaps don't leave Az any time to get their late TD.

Who the hell knows what happens if the guy holds on to the ball, but I do know it would've increased our odds of winning dramatically over what he actually did. The odds of Az not scoring from inside the 5 after that turnover were extremely low, we got lucky. If he didn't cost us the game, he damn sure tried!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We definitely got lucky. But I would just argue it's spurious to say it lost us the game considering what came after. Any one of two dozen things lost us the game before that even comes up.

Anyway, it hardly matters anymore. He's gone.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Legadon't was my favorite nickname.

Anyway, I'm amazed people are willing to ignore the pick spent on White in choosing Naanee in this poll. Only in the context of opportunity cost does this kind of exercise make even marginal sense, otherwise there's a whole history of practice scrubs and other barely rosterable maggots who rank far below even Naanee in franchise history. Naanee made very little dent in the scheme of things. He didn't cost a pick, a ton of money, lose a game or get anyone hurt. We'll forget about him soon enough.

White, on the other hand, will live on in Infamy. And for good reason. He was an embarrassment on the field, perpetuated a joke gimmick of an offense, and was also taken just a few picks before the likes of Connor Barwin and LeSean McCoy.
    People are being a prisoner of the moment with Legedu.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Just trust me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Centreville Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Leg actually did something in the league. White didn't. Leg had a far better career.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Pat White the little **** sucking **** who else did you want me to say, the little **** sucking ****...............
    Quote Quote