Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Who tarnished the franchise more?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pat White

64 53.33%
  • Naanee

56 46.67%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Poll: Worse player - Pat White vs. Naanee

1. -41
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Ernest Wilford
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    White.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    I voted Nanee as the worst player although he was a small risk, high potential reward inexpensive acquisition vs wasting a 2nd on wee Patty White.

Did so because Leggo did nothing since he's been here at least that I can see dating back to exhibitiion season and has been getting a free ride at the expense of a Matthews or Hogan. Maybe we wouldn't have cut Cunningham who was snatched up for the Eagles PS squad immediately so in that respect he may have cost us exposure to another promising WR or two.

OTOH, White was miscast, a poor choice, but he was a fine young man who reflected well on the organization rather than "tarnishing" it. I remember during a veterans honoring ceremony upiin Foxboro, he's the only one who shook each of the military's hands and thanked them for their service. He tried his hardest, but unfortunately it wasn't near good enough and I wish him the best whatever he ends up doing.
    yep Pat tried hard, except for refusing to switch to WR.

I think the answer is Pat not just because he was a 2nd round pick, but because we drafted him to be a weapon.

Legadu was signed to a 1 year contract with the expectations of him being camp fodder but he showed well during OTAs, OchoCinco had his episode, and Hartline had injuries. He wasn't signed to be a weapon and he had been known as a solid 3/4 WR in San Diego.

Pat White was drafted to add another dimension to the Wildcat, but he never looked good. Hell, even Legadu had a couple catches in the preseason, White looked terrible against the 5th and 6th stringers. Plus that added dimension with him in the Wildcat? Turned into Pat handing the ball off in the shotgun. And I'll never forget him throwing a three yard pass into the dirt when the RB had NOBODY around him.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At least Pat White got us a couple of first downs in that "Pistol" formation we ran a couple of times. Too bad we lost a 2nd rd. pick on him. Naanee did absolutely nothing but fumble his only touch.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    The Cheese Connoisseur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins HomerDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Well for those that are interested,

Pat White is pursueing an acting career.

Hopefully he is better at that than football?

http://www.wvmetronews.com/wvu.cfm?f...&storyid=53319
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cuernavaca, Morelos, MX.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Comparing both is a crying game.
    Pat White costed a 2nd round pick that would have been a talent WR Mike Wallace. Also he was planned to execute the Wildcat and that was a disastrous waste of opportunities that delayed Chad Henne's development.
    On the other side Legedu Naanee was a relative cheap free agent that used a spot on a roster, that spot could have been used for similar quality WR or moderated talent elsewhere. A pathetic play turned him into laughingstock.

Costs: A 2nd round pick & 1 high quality roster spot VS 1 low quality roster spot. ==================> Pat White
    Best Case Opportunity: A rookie Mike Wallace VS Today's Braylon Edwards. =====================> Pat White
    Team Expectations: A wildcat QB for 1/3 of the playbook VS WR2 role. ========================> Pat White
    Team Dependency: QB3 without functional replacement VS WR3 with 2-3 replacements. =============> Pat White
    Results: 0 of 5 passes, 81 rushing yards, 1 fumble in 13 games VS 1 pass, 19 yards, 1 fumble in 4 games. => Legedu Naanee
    Team Record: 6-7 VS 1-3. ====================================================> Legedu Naanee
    Effort: Made his best but was knocked out while playing VS Dropped or fumbled every pass on him. ======> Legedu Naanee

DOLPHINS' WORST PLAYER WAS : PAT WHITE
    From Mexico, GO PHINS GO!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mialuv13 View Post
    At least Pat White got us a couple of first downs in that "Pistol" formation we ran a couple of times. Too bad we lost a 2nd rd. pick on him. Naanee did absolutely nothing but fumble his only touch.
    2nd round picks should be starters. Not niche or gimmick players.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    2nd round picks should be starters. Not niche or gimmick players.
    QFT! I actually think The Rancid Tuna, still on his ego trip to become a franchise rebuilder and prove that a contemporized version of the Single Wing works well, was scared that Belicheat was gonna grab White if we let him go by (and there was a rumor of the Pats strong interest) and end up out-Wildcatting our wildcat with White as the linchpin. Just another way Parcells screwed us.

geno and idzik have done the impossible: make jets fans wish the tanny/sanchez days were here again > Darksider, Jetnation

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Arsenal shield
    Can someone just put it on a loop............lol
    Run home to mammy you little ****ing rat.

Quote Quote  

10. -50
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    **** it...I'm just glad neither of them are on the team anymore.
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote