Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: First Presidential Debate thoughts and discussion

  1. -41
    trojanma's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2010
    Posts:
    1,829
    vCash:
    4990
    Loc:
    Magic City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17Dolphins Homer
    Romney pivoted to the middle big time in this debate, and it seemed to flummox Obama who came out prepared to attack the "primary" campaign Romney

    Lets face it if Romney have said some of the things he did tonight during the primary debate he would have been destroyed. Regulation is needed, etc.

    Obama just stayed with the script. For pure effect purposes he came out worse.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,208
    vCash:
    9948
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    CBS just showed an immediate poll of undecided voters. Romney doubled his numbers with them after this debate. I guess you could say Romney "won" this debate if there is such a thing. Obama had to use his abysmal 4 year record and Roms had to use pie-in-the-sky numbers. Romney wins the debate but no matter what we all lose.
    Insert pithy saying here.

    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,723
    vCash:
    33813
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't know how many are watching CNN but they just showed a trailer for Spielberg's Lincoln movie. Man is it going to blow, and hard.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,053
    vCash:
    2607
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tonight reminds me why i pathologically avoid television "news".

    3 "Fact Check" interruptions, and Obama has been mostly correct(tax one is "incomplete" because Romney has refused to give details). Immediately after the "fact check" interruptions: "Well, Obama just didnt look like he wanted to be there".
    "Ignorance is not an excuse" were the words Goodell used when describing why those involved in the Saints bounty scandal would not avoid punishment.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ons-unanswered
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    4,269
    vCash:
    22528
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Don't know how many are watching CNN but they just showed a trailer for Spielberg's Lincoln movie. Man is it going to blow, and hard.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    8,723
    vCash:
    33813
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Tonight reminds me why i pathologically avoid television "news".

    3 "Fact Check" interruptions, and Obama has been mostly correct(tax one is "incomplete" because Romney has refused to give details). Immediately after the "fact check" interruptions: "Well, Obama just didnt look like he wanted to be there".
    Well, the analysis seems to match up with "undecided" voter impressions. Romney is up at least two to one in every one I've seen.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    JackFinfan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    505
    vCash:
    2688
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Tonight reminds me why i pathologically avoid television "news".

    3 "Fact Check" interruptions, and Obama has been mostly correct(tax one is "incomplete" because Romney has refused to give details). Immediately after the "fact check" interruptions: "Well, Obama just didnt look like he wanted to be there".
    If you need to take one thing out of this debate, it would be that people say they want their politicians to give them the cold hard facts and to play it straight, but in reality the majority of Americans want sunshine blown up their you know what. We wonder why politicians promise us the world, well it's because that's what the people want.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,053
    vCash:
    2607
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFinfan View Post
    If you need to take one thing out of this debate, it would be that people say they want their politicians to give them the cold hard facts and to play it straight, but in reality the majority of Americans want sunshine blown up their you know what. We wonder why politicians promise us the world, well it's because that's what the people want.
    And yet these commentators will be the first to bemoan the lack of facts and how the liberal/conservative media is focusing on things that dont matter.

    Its been mentioned in this thread, the issues dont matter, demeanor is all people care about.

    ---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

    CNN poll: 67% Romney, 25% Obama. On who won.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    SkapePhin's Avatar
    Brady Slayer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    19,739
    vCash:
    25530
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wager that Obama will come out like a smiling buffoon during the next debate to win back the "demeanor" vote...

    This debate sucked, mostly because both of them were sending out a bunch of fluff, but Romney in particular. I am waiting on the fact check to decide who won the debate. Did any of them have any flat out lies in their answers?
    FIRE FAILBIN


    Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

    If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,053
    vCash:
    2607
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I wager that Obama will come out like a smiling buffoon during the next debate to win back the "demeanor" vote...

    This debate sucked, mostly because both of them were sending out a bunch of fluff, but Romney in particular. I am waiting on the fact check to decide who won the debate. Did any of them have any flat out lies in their answers?
    Its being tracked down now, with "updates" but there was some false information. Stuff like Romney's insistence concerning the money out of medicare and money into green energy. Flat out lies? Cant recall anything that jumped out, but pretty exhausted and found the debate fairly uninteresting.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Presidential Candidates In First Ever Gay Debate
    By Celtkin in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 08:41 AM
  2. Presidential Debate - Come to the Political/War Forum!
    By TerryTate in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 01:37 AM
  3. Presidential Debate - Come to the Political/War Forum!
    By TerryTate in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 01:37 AM
  4. Presidential Debate - Come to the Political/War Forum!
    By TerryTate in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 09:22 PM
  5. 32 Pages Of Rules For Presidential Debate
    By Blitz in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •