Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: First Presidential Debate thoughts and discussion

1. -61
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    He brought up outsourcing but never once mentioned Bain.
    He is saving it for one of the last debates I'd bet. It'll hit harder that way, and it won't leave Romney much time to do damage control...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    He is saving it for one of the last debates I'd bet. It'll hit harder that way, and it won't leave Romney much time to do damage control...
    I think it's something different. If Obama attacks Bain then all Romney has to say is "Stop cashing those Bain checks Mr. President."

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    I think it's something different. If Obama attacks Bain then all Romney has to say is "Stop cashing those Bain checks Mr. President."
    And Obama can turn it around on Romney by reminding him he has no room the complain about campaign contributions or cashing Bain checks in general.

My opinion on it is: Obama wanted to focus on small details and build a contrast with Romney. He wanted Romney to come across as someone who has no idea what he is promising. Problem is, Romney barreled over it, took control of the debate, and didnt let things like "facts" slow him down. Both sides repeated factual inaccurate information, but Obama was banking on one or two "revelations" to slow Romney down and Romney just charged on.

Bain, 47% comments, auto industry bailout....all just missed chances for Obama, who was clearly underprepared.
    Last edited by Spesh; 10-04-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Both seemed to playing safe and not wading heavily into the Bains, etc or the private sector is doing fine, etc. even when their seemed to be openings available...and for the most part was boring and disappointing to MSNBC and FOX if thats what you wanted in the debates. Expect that to change in the upcoming Biden/Ryan debate.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Interesting to see Oblama outside of his bubble of protection and actually having to fends off ligitimate questions. Everybody kisses his ass so much I think he was even taken off gaurd and baffled with real confrontation. He's so far over his head he'd need a ladder to reach the belly of a snake.
    And even more mysterious is that so many believe his crap.....Bad enough he's been adding to the destruction of the US, but his leading from behind in global matters sure is turning out great too. Think he thinks he can get the world blown up before he has to handle the economy. Kind of silly to try to convince people of his ineptitude after 4 years of seeing it and listening to all his excuses and blaming everyone else. President Oblamer
    Well to all you O followers, no worries about the last debate theres an excuse around the corner, lets see how about Bushes fault....or even better it was the altitude in Denver or how about just saying he was better ya that's the ticket.......Next debate start thinking of some good excuses, because not only does he not understand Romney but he doesn't even understand his own friggin policies....

This isn't an election folks, this is an IQ test for our Country.........
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzinvinny View Post
    Interesting to see Oblama outside of his bubble of protection and actually having to fends off ligitimate questions. Everybody kisses his ass so much I think he was even taken off gaurd and baffled with real confrontation. He's so far over his head he'd need a ladder to reach the belly of a snake.
    And even more mysterious is that so many believe his crap.....Bad enough he's been adding to the destruction of the US, but his leading from behind in global matters sure is turning out great too. Think he thinks he can get the world blown up before he has to handle the economy. Kind of silly to try to convince people of his ineptitude after 4 years of seeing it and listening to all his excuses and blaming everyone else. President Oblamer
    Well to all you O followers, no worries about the last debate theres an excuse around the corner, lets see how about Bushes fault....or even better it was the altitude in Denver or how about just saying he was better ya that's the ticket.......Next debate start thinking of some good excuses, because not only does he not understand Romney but he doesn't even understand his own friggin policies....

This country failed the IQ test in 2004 already.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzinvinny View Post

And here I thought this thread was actually going to stay non-partisan and intelligent. Guess it's too much to ask during election season...
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    And here I thought this thread was actually going to stay non-partisan and intelligent. Guess it's too much to ask during election season...
    LOL like your threads are non partisan,
    Sorry but the mis-direction approach isn't working anymore, the folks are not that nieve. Kill the messenger because you have nothing of substance to stand on beside exhuberation over job numbers that are still just as unbelievably pathertic. Great job mister President 7.8% with 2 month left in his term.....We are all so thrilled at a accomplishment wow can't wait for another 4 years,...... and leading from behind in world affairs.....BRILLIANT.....Gee interesting concept leading from behind strange it's taken all these years to figure that one out..........lol
    This says it all when people are satisfied or don't even see mediocrity, and I'm afraid mediocrity is giving to much credit
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Interesting to me that after "Romney won" the big story of the post debate cycle has been about Big Bird.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Interesting to me that after "Romney won" the big story of the post debate cycle has been about Big Bird.
    Speaks well to the mental age of the US electorate.
    Quote Quote