Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh YEA! ITS ON!

1. -151
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Oh YEA! ITS ON!

[QUOTE=Ilovemyfins4eva;1064448293]
    Quote Originally Posted by irish fin fan View Post
    electing a new guy gives us hope. no one is saying romney is the best candidate ever. he may or may not turn out to be a good president but he gives a new hope. what we have now has not worked for the past 4 years and what exactly has happened in the last 4 years that makes u believe things are going to get much better?

its like a football team hiring a new coach( and no im not saying a new coach is just as important as the leader of the most powerful country on earth). when a team does poorly after so many years, they fire the leader ( the head coach) and replace him with a new one. now does that mean that the new leader( head coach) is going to come in and automatically take that poor team and turn them into a powerhouse? no, he can also fail, but at least u tried something new to see if things can get turned around.

nothing has improved under obama in this country, the unemployment rate is exactly where it was at when he took office now after almost 4 years in office, and until now has been above 8 percent.

of course though i am expecting nothing more from your response as to '' this is such a pathetic post, i wont even both reading it''.

if this is the type of guy u like leading your country, then god bless u
    A you want to vote for someone who is the greatest flip flopper in history. I don't even know what he stands for, changes his tune so often depending on the audience.

Now your comparing electing a football coach to electing a president. SMH.
    Quote Quote  

2. -152
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Oh YEA! ITS ON!

[QUOTE=cuzinvinny;1064448324]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post

On the contrary, if you read my post we are actually saying the same thing....

Interesting the way I'm listed as saying " And a rock has more intelligence than that displayed in that post. Go and elect Romney, experience an economic sugar high for a couple of years, and them watch the country go into a Great Depression. " Which I didn't say....

I said " Biden has the political intelligence of a rock "
    Some other pebble came up with the the Great Depression crap......funny he's see's Romney leading us into a great depression by creating jobs and tightening the spending belt...........While the economy has gotten pathetic and worse the last 4 years....People that think this are beyond trying to explain basic logic too.....
    Formatting of your post seems screwed up. In any case, I'm not saying you said anything, that's my view regarding the sugar high etc.
    Last edited by irish fin fan; 10-08-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -153
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzinvinny View Post
    Not going to argue with you, I stand by my statement.

As far as your new topic Decreasing taxes..In the debate several times as in more than 2-3 times Romney has stated that he was NOT going to decrease the amount of revenue (money) that that 1 in 1/10 % pay, Again will not decrease, Did You Hear That. He said he would lower their tax rate along with everybody elses except get rid of many loopholds being used to save taxes by the very rich. AGAIN... Romney has said he is NOT going to decrease that revenue of the very rich. Hopefully it doesn't need to be said again to You, but Obamas is using this misinformation to distort the truth and they call Romney a Liar.....I can see your next move but what loopholds will he stop. I have no clue how he will do it but will take him at his word and hold him responsible that he will do what is one of his basic policies. I think that more of an issue with the rich is the uncertainty of direction this admin. has taken us and with clarity will begin to put their money into investments again creating more jobs, which in turn greats more revenue which should be going along with a major tightening of the belt.....
    What you want to believe & what the mathematical reality of the situation is are two different things. Like I said I don't think there's much of a point in debating any of you if you're not going to provide actual details and specific facts to back your assertions, or just taking a politician with a well defined history of waffling's word on the matter.

Romney has proposed cutting tax rates by 20% in each bracket, which, the liberal Center for Budget and Policy Priorities says would cost $4.9 trillion over 10 years. Romney said his plan will be paid for by curtailing tax deductions, so middle-class people pay less overall and upper-income people don't see lower taxes. Last month in Ohio, Romney said middle-class people would see little change in their taxes under his plan.

Romney has declined to say what tax deductions he would end. The non-partisan Tax Policy Center has contended that middle-class families would see taxes rise about $2,000 a year under Romney's plan if he keeps his promise to make the tax reform revenue neutral, arguing that it can't be done without ending popular middle-class deductions on mortgage interest and charitable contributions.
    Quote Quote  

4. -154
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=irish fin fan;1064448415]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post

A you want to vote for someone who is the greatest flip flopper in history. I don't even know what he stands for, changes his tune so often depending on the audience.

Now your comparing electing a football coach to electing a president. SMH.
    if u read what i wrote, i clearly said i was NOT comparing a football coach to a president.

i was using an example, of how if one fails in there industry over a lengthy time period and nothing seems to improve, u do not move on with him for another 4 years, u fire his ass and bring in a new face and see if that person can fix the sinking ship.

obviously the ****ing president of the united states whomever it may be is the most powerful man on the planet, and im not saying a football headcoach is as important, just using that as an example to show failure is not acceptable, and when u have the 1 chance every 4 years to make change, u do so. obama has not come close to earning another 4 years as head of the best country on earth.
    Quote Quote  

5. -155
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Oh YEA! ITS ON!

Irish Fin Fan
    And a rock has more intelligence than that displayed in that post. Go and elect Romney, experience an economic sugar high for a couple of years, and them watch the country go into a Great Depression.
    YOU Probably want Sparano back .........& Beck, seems like they set the standards your looking for.....lol[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't claim to know a fraction of what you guys know about American football. I was brought up been fanatical about real football. Joking aside, I think the team is going in the right direction with the new coach and I'm exited about new quarterback.
    Quote Quote  

6. -156
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Oh YEA! ITS ON!

[QUOTE=Ilovemyfins4eva;1064448428]
    if u read what i wrote, i clearly said i was NOT comparing a football coach to a president.

i was using an example, of how if one fails in there industry over a lengthy time period and nothing seems to improve, u do not move on with him for another 4 years, u fire his ass and bring in a new face and see if that person can fix the sinking ship.

obviously the ****ing president of the united states whomever it may be is the most powerful man on the planet, and im not saying a football headcoach is as important, just using that as an example to show failure is not acceptable, and when u have the 1 chance every 4 years to make change, u do so. obama has not come close to earning another 4 years as head of the best country on earth.
    There's a certain thing called a global economy. Do you think the situation in Europe has no impact on this country? Are you still in the era of 40 years ago where what happened in other countries had little or no impact on us.

This country , citizens and country, has been gorging on debt for the last 30 years. Now it's payback time. The payback should have happened at the end of the .com bust but interest rates were slashed to stupid levels starting the housing boom. Admittedly the interest drop was needed followed Sep 11th but was kept way too low for way too long. Non existent regulations in that whole mortgage conveyor belt was the icing on the cake.

A financial led recession/ depression takes typically 6 to 10 years to recover from. Enjoy, payback is a bitch.
    Quote Quote  

7. -157
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And you get I'm trying to rehire Cam from ??????

Well 2-3 threads up Iluvmyfins4eva has me giving a quote I didn't make.....interesting
    thanks for the quote info...
    If we are going to make absurd football comparisons, why not go all in? To suggest that Obama is Sparano is to suggest that we have a Philbin on the horizon. This is not the case. No matter how much Republicans try and change the argument, no matter how much people try and distract, no matter how much the right wishes it so: this election isnt about "whether we were better off 4 years ago"(we werent), this election is about "whether things could get much worse". And it could. Very easily.

Again, this isnt "lolz you'd probably want to keep Sparano", this is "hey, we got this Nick Saban guy...we should hire a new coach, oh look, Cam Cameron is the Chargers OC, i wonder how that would go....".

And glanced around, alot of peoples quotes are screwed up. Not sure why. Hopefully my posts works without problem. My mistake if you knew the commands and the system was messing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.
    Quote Quote  

8. -158
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFinfan View Post
    lmao, if you think that loophole will even come close to covering a tenth of the revenue loss that will occur when you lower the rates.

This isn’t even a complete sentence. Revenues actually increase when you reduce the tax rates on the upper incomes, that’s a historical fact.

Also, please show me a source saying Romney will eliminate your forward contract example.

I don’t need one, he said he’d eliminate whatever loopholes it takes to be deficit neutral; so he may need to eliminate that one he may not. You simply said such loopholes didn’t even exist, and I proved you were full of it.

You believe that because you're biased.

No, you believe the opposite because you are biased.

These aren't the agencies themselves that are donating to the campaigns, these are donations from actual every-day people who've joined those agencies. Look it up.

Changing your tune a bit now I see, either way this is supposed to prove what? Current military and former military always support the GOP overwhelmingly.

It's his own study, which he's personally endorsed, that shows even under the most favorable conditions he won't be able to give a tax reduction to people making over 250k without at the very least raising taxes on people in the 100k to 250k bracket.

It’s not his own study, it’s a Harvard study, and it ignores the historical fact that tax revenues actually increase whenever you drop the top rates.
    Again, like Jack said, just because I criticize Romney doesn't mean I support Obama,

The fact you criticize Romney for things that you let slide when it comes to Obama does mean you support Obama, even if just indirectly.

and just because I criticize Young Earth Creationists doesn't mean I'm an atheist.

Nope, the fact you don’t believe in God means you’re an atheist, definitions matter.

Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post

So you are not going to join with me and admit that Obama broke dozens of campaign promises? You really are his groupie aren't you?

Simply defining an inductive argument doesn't mean yours isn't erroneous.

Argument from silence, it’s up to you to prove it’s erroneous, just asserting it is proves nothing.

Oh my, unemployment rate is less than 8%. I can hear Romney now "I never said that that the unemployment rate under Obama never dropped below 8%, I said 7%".

It hadn’t when Romney said that silly, and it was Obama who promised it would never go above 8 percent if we passed his stimulus, it only stayed above 8 percent for nearly 3 years. There are less Americans working today than when he took office, the man doesn’t deserve a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Oh sure, as long it was an unemployment rate above 8% it was credible number. Now its not. Figures.

Nobody ever said that it was credible when it was over 8 percent; actual estimates of the real unemployment rate put it above 11 percent.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

9. -159
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler
    Changing your tune a bit now I see,
    Not at all, you apparently didn’t understand me.

either way this is supposed to prove what?
    That he isn’t bought and paid for by corporate interests.

Current military and former military always support the GOP overwhelmingly.
    Isn’t Romney GOP as well?

Nope, the fact you don’t believe in God means you’re an atheist, definitions matter.
    You're right, they do.

“Athiest- A person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.”

I’m not saying their isn’t a God, but unlike yourself I’m not going to claim to be able to prove he exists through the use of
    circular reasoning. Also a key note in that definition Statler, is the word BELIEVE, as in, a BELIEF in God. Want me to define belief while were at it?

So you are not going to join with me and admit that Obama broke dozens of campaign promises? You really are his groupie aren't you?
    What part of “it goes both ways”, escaped you?
    Quote Quote  

10. -160
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote