Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 221

Thread: Oh YEA! ITS ON!

  1. -91
    Flip Tanneflop's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,226
    vCash:
    15131
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    I read a few posts of yours. Forget for a moment all the the crap you are flipping around but you are really trying to tell us that you are a substitute teacher? Come on man. We all make the occasional grammatical or spelling error and I am the last one to harass anybody on their English but if you claim to be a teacher I will hold you to that. Even on a message board I expect more from a teacher (substitute or not). If that is the level of our educational standard I will propose an immediate pay-stop to all teachers and have them undergo exams.

    Now just for your information and before you scream 'personal attack'. My post is content driven based on your statement "I am a substitute teacher'. Since I don't believe that (otherwise our education system is truly in the garbage dumbster) I declare everything else you have written as BS.
    Meh. I realize my grammar is poor in most of these long posts. I hammer them out quick. What can I tell ya?

    Honestly, I dont care what you think I do for work.


    EDIT: Btw, as I just read your post again, I notice quite a few grammatical errors. If I were an English teacher, I would circle them in red for you and subtract a few points. Glass house bro.(That isnt a complete sentece btw. Also, bro is a stupid slang term)
    Last edited by Flip Tanneflop; 10-05-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -92
    Flip Tanneflop's Avatar
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    15,226
    vCash:
    15131
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 112013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMageGandalf View Post
    'Poors' and now 'socialists'. Great. I wonder what other neat monickers are used by you.

    I would've bothered to respond but being that you are being that disrespectful to fellow Americans then forget it. Why bother.
    I have a tremendous amount of respect for most of my fellow Americans. Dont get the wrong idea. Poors is just something that has been used around here as kind of an inside joke. You missed out on that one. Sorry if you take that out of context. Socialists Im throwing out there to **** with Rob and a couple of other people. They love it. I knew as soon as I used that one a couple of people would jump on it. Its a hot button term thrown around on FOX news a lot. Personally, I hate Fox news because its so one sided its silly. Also, there is an inside joke type reference to that as well. But, you probably dont get that.

    Point is, Im having some fun with these guys on here. Try not to take everything so serious. I know its the POFO and all but, realize that some of us talk to each other a good bit.

    And yes, while I do actually support Romney in the upcoming election, I dont see it as a life and death thing. I find it fun to debate issues with friends and not be so serious all the time when it comes to some of this stuff. Again, sorry if you were offended. Please dont be.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -93
    Spesh's Avatar
    #freespesh

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    8,462
    vCash:
    1427
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hell yeah, Wv went with Socialism. By the rules of Fox News, debate over, he wins.


    Terrorist attack count against the Anything Goes Thread: 2
    Quote Quote  

  4. -94
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,542
    vCash:
    9622
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    At least you're full aware you're making the planet less inhabitable for your children & children's children. Yes, maybe we'll figure out some miracle source of energy, & maybe we'll figure out some miracle technology that can reverse all the horrifying things we're currently doing & things you propose we keep on doing; but there's also a chance those things don't happen either. Personally I think waiting till the brink of catastrophe to take action is dumb as hell, but again we'll have to agree to disagree there.

    But, when I shower the water seems clean enough. I dont sweat cooking with it because that **** gets super heated when I cook with it. Its fine.





    Personally, I wouldn't want my kids drinking & showering in an infected water supply. I feel bad that your kids & a whole state of people right now are suffering because of people with views as short-sighted & selfish as yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan
    I have no idea where that body of water is that is talked about there. If it has so many different fish and **** in it Im kinda glad its going to get ****ed up anyway. I dont like large bodies of water. Honestly, they freighten me. I wont go out into the ocean. Im not joking here. I kinda like getting my feet wet in it and the sand and all, but I stay the **** out of the ocean or other large bodies of water that are meant for sea creatures. Thats their environment. They dont come in my house so I dont **** with their ****.


    Pure gold, Wv. Pure. Gold.

    Quote Originally Posted by phinz_4_ever
    I read a few posts of yours. Forget for a moment all the the crap you are flipping around but you are really trying to tell us that you are a substitute teacher? Come on man. We all make the occasional grammatical or spelling error and I am the last one to harass anybody on their English but if you claim to be a teacher I will hold you to that.
    They lower the bar a bit in West Virginia

    Skip to :55


    Just messin' West Virginians, you know I love ya.
    Last edited by rob19; 10-05-2012 at 04:48 AM.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -95
    JackFinfan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    544
    vCash:
    2941
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

    That’s just factually incorrect; the wealthy are able to take advantage of numerous tax loopholes that will be closed by Romney. How’s Obama tax plan working out for you? :-P
    Please name me some of these loopholes and provide me a source where Romney says he'll specifically eliminate that loophole. Cause I do audits and tax returns for a living, many of them for rich people, and I can tell you that there's a reason why Romney won't be specific about the loopholes. It's because at the individual level, they really don't exist. Also, once again you assume that because I'm against Romney that I'm for Obama. Just like you assumed that because I didn't believe in young Earth that I was an atheist. I'm voting for neither of these clowns this election.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -96
    TheWalrus's Avatar
    1/7/14

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2011
    Posts:
    9,593
    vCash:
    40718
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    Listen bro, Im not dependant on anyone. I make my own way for my family and myself. Also, I DO NOT cheat on my taxes. I list all of my income that is required. I play in no illegal home games and the signs at the casino clearly state I must report when I cash chips totaling over 9,999. That never happens. Now, whenever I win a tournament of that amount or larger I must report that.

    Also, all tournament winnings or side amounts(such as when they give away $500 or so for best hand of the evening) I fill out the appropriate paperwork. If those amounts combined total over 10k for a year, I must report it. Each time I win one of those things they take my ID and fill out paperwork that I sign. Chips won and cashed out after an evening of play however do not have to be reported unless they reach a specific total for that transaction. If you want to say Ive found a loophole, be my guest, but I do not do anything illegal.(Well, often times I drive over the speed limit) Also, all of those games are ran by the state lottery. Each hand is raked. I happen to drive a lot of that action. Therefore, I help the state bring in plenty of money.
    You are legally required to report ALL gambling winnings on your tax return whether the casino reports it or not. Failing to report daily, non-tournament winnings as if you were never there and never won that money isn't a "loophole", it's cheating your taxes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Tax
    Even if you do not win as much as the amounts above, you are still legally obligated to report. This is done on Line 21 (“Other Income”) of Form 1040. This is also where you would report any awards or prize money you won during the year in question. Yes, even if you only win $10 you still technically have to report it (even if the casino didn’t). Gambling income plus your job income (and any other income) equals your total income.
    http://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/2012...innings-taxed/

    But you know that.

    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan
    No one pays my share.
    Yes, they do. On behalf of everyone that chips in, you're welcome. Now stop bitching.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -97
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,262
    vCash:
    1284
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ha, you got me, I typed the wrong word.


    You typed the wrong word because you didn’t know it was the wrong word.

    Ask anyone who's been around the PoFo for a little while. I have my own issues with the President. It's just that mine are based in reality.


    What a complete non-statement.

    You could say the same thing about Romney


    No you can’t, he’s not allocating tax payer’s money to his supporters.

    Romney's top campaign contributors:
    1. Goldman Sachs
    2. JPMorgan Chase & Co.
    3. Bank of America
    4. Morgan Stanley
    5. Credit Suisse Group
    6. Citigroup Inc
    Goldman Sachs only recently jumped ship; they used to be one of Obama’s biggest supporters, which is probably why he views them as “too big to fail”. Did you ever think that maybe banks support Romney because they realize he knows how to fix the economy? Makes sense to me.
    Or do the banks not expect favorable policy in return for their investments?

    They expect an improved economy because of their investment.
    That's one of the reasons I dig Ron Paul, contrast his top contributors with Romney.
    Paul's biggest campaign contributors
    1. US Army
    2. US Navy
    3. US Air Force
    You’re so full of beans, Government Agencies openly supporting a political candidate is a direct violation of the Hatch Act. None of these agencies would be allowed to give a dime to Ron Paul’s campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Well they certainly wont go down as WV seems to think.

    Actually by repealing Obamacare, which is the largest tax ever passed on the American people my taxes will go down a bit.
    Maybe you don't make over 100,000 a year, but if you did I bet you probably wouldn't be happy about your taxes increasing to give a tax-reduction to people making over 250,000. Especially when Romney's stated he won't need to raise taxes in order to give tax-deductions to people making over 250k, i.e, he lied.

    Actually I have many family members who make over 100K and they have no problem with his policies. He didn’t lie, you are basing all of this on a speculative study that ignores several key factors. Romney can do exactly what he says he will do, and even if he can’t all he has to do is not reduce the tax rate by as much as he wants to in order to remain revenue neutral and nobody will say he lied. You’re just mad because your guy lost the debate, get over it. Did Obama lie when he said he’d cut the deficit in half his first term? What about closing down Gitmo? What about unemployment never going over 8 percent?
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  8. -98
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    3,904
    vCash:
    6761
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post
    You typed the wrong word because you didn’t know it was the wrong word.

    What a complete non-statement.
    Wrong again. I also constantly type/say Van Halen when I mean to type/say Aerosmith, it doesn't mean I don't know which is which. But I don't expect you to actually accept something that doesn't support your own preconceived notions. That much is obvious since you conveniently skipped over my questions challenging your false assumptions.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -99
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,262
    vCash:
    1284
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFinfan View Post
    Please name me some of these loopholes


    Sure, the wealthy use variable pre-paid forward contracts to avoid paying billions of dollars in capital gains taxes every year.

    Cause I do audits and tax returns for a living, many of them for rich people, and I can tell you that there's a reason why Romney won't be specific about the loopholes. It's because at the individual level, they really don't exist.


    Except they do exist, I just gave you an example of one; it sounds to me like you need to learn more about your own profession.

    I'm voting for neither of these clowns this election.


    Good, the more of you that stay home the better chance Romney has of winning.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -100
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,262
    vCash:
    1284
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wrong again. I also constantly type/say Van Halen when I mean to type/say Aerosmith, it doesn't mean I don't know which is which.


    Yeah right, “Really sometimes I say 2+2=5 when I really know it equals 4, honest!” You brought that on yourself, you made an irrelevant point about grammar but then followed it up with a boneheaded mistake about logic, should I really have let that slide?

    Which question are you referring to?
    Quote Quote  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •