Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 221

Thread: Oh YEA! ITS ON!

  1. -101
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

  2. -102
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    3,903
    vCash:
    6755
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

    Yeah right, “Really sometimes I say 2+2=5 when I really know it equals 4, honest!” You brought that on yourself, you made an irrelevant point about grammar but then followed it up with a boneheaded mistake about logic, should I really have let that slide?

    Which question are you referring to?
    The questions in my post on page 7... asking you to defend your false assumption that I'm a fanboy of the President...

    Is this what your shtick is? To act like you don't see or understand what's in front of your face? Because you did the same thing in the religion forum for God knows how many posts.

    Or is it that you truly and honestly cannot comprehend something that doesn't fit into your world view?
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -103
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,262
    vCash:
    1284
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The questions in my post on page 7... asking you to defend your false assumption that I'm a fanboy of the President...


    Oh, I didn’t realize you seriously wanted me to address that, no I have not read ALL of your posts, but all of the posts of yours I have read have defended Obama, so it comes back to that inductive reasoning again, based on my observations I can reason that all of your posts defend Obama.

    Is this what your shtick is? To act like you don't see or understand what's in front of your face? Because you did the same thing in the religion forum for God knows how many posts.


    Nope, I am just a stickler for proper reasoning and logic, if you commit an informal error in reasoning I will always point it out. I realize that doesn’t make me popular, but I’d rather be logical than popular. If you cease making mistakes then we won’t have any problems with one another, in fact we may even become friends. :- )

    Or is it that you truly and honestly cannot comprehend something that doesn't fit into your world view?

    How on earth does any of this deal with my worldview? I simply stated you’re an Obama fanboy, and I have reasons for thinking that. It’s completely evidenced by the fact that your objections to Romney are tenfold more applicable to Obama and yet you seem to have no problem supporting him.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  4. -104
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    3,903
    vCash:
    6755
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

    Oh, I didn’t realize you seriously wanted me to address that, no I have not read ALL of your posts, but all of the posts of yours I have read have defended Obama, so it comes back to that inductive reasoning again, based on my observations I can reason that all of your posts defend Obama.



    Nope, I am just a stickler for proper reasoning and logic, if you commit an informal error in reasoning I will always point it out. I realize that doesn’t make me popular, but I’d rather be logical than popular. If you cease making mistakes then we won’t have any problems with one another, in fact we may even become friends. :- )


    How on earth does any of this deal with my worldview? I simply stated you’re an Obama fanboy, and I have reasons for thinking that. It’s completely evidenced by the fact that your objections to Romney are tenfold more applicable to Obama and yet you seem to have no problem supporting him.
    You speak of logic yet you say my support of the President is completely evidenced. And you say the reasons are because of my objections to Governor Romney and because all the posts of mine that you've read have defended President Obama.

    Do you truly not see your error in reasoning?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -105
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,870
    vCash:
    5460
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBW43 View Post
    You speak of logic yet you say my support of the President is completely evidenced. And you say the reasons are because of my objections to Governor Romney and because all the posts of mine that you've read have defended President Obama.

    Do you truly not see your error in reasoning?
    You're talking to a crazy person. You can't make someone with a distorted worldview and completely illogical thought processes try to understand you. We tried ad nauseum in the Religion forum. You'd make more progress trying to get into Kate Beckinsale's pants than you would trying to talk rationally with this guy...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  6. -106
    JamesBW43's Avatar
    You're standing on my neck

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2005
    Posts:
    3,903
    vCash:
    6755
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    You're talking to a crazy person. You can't make someone with a distorted worldview and completely illogical thought processes try to understand you. We tried ad nauseum in the Religion forum. You'd make more progress trying to get into Kate Beckinsale's pants than you would trying to talk rationally with this guy...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -107
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,262
    vCash:
    1284
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let’s all take a closer look at the goofy rationale behind the Left’s objection about Romney, based on a Harvard study they believe that Romney will have to break his pledge to lower tax rates for higher income people but keep the amount they pay static due to closures in loopholes and deductions. Of course this is a completely speculative argument and cannot be proven either way; however let’s just grant them this for the sake of argument. So Romney may have one campaign promise he won’t come through on; does the left really think this is enough to not vote for someone? This puts them in a real bind because if they say no then their objection is irrelevant, if they say yes then they cannot vote for Obama and here’s why. The following are examples of campaign promises Obama made in 2008…

    PROMISE: I will close Gitmo in my first term. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will Increase the capital gains and dividends taxes for higher-income taxpayers. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will expand the child and dependent care credit. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will provide option for a pre-filled-out tax form. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will create a mortgage interest tax credit for non-itemizers. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will require automatic enrollment in 401k plans. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will require automatic enrollment in IRA plans. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will create a retirement savings tax credit for low incomes. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will end income tax for seniors making less than $50,000. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will end no-bid contracts above $25,000. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will create a $60 billion bank to fund roads and bridges. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will phase out exemptions and deductions for higher earners. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will Sign the Employee Free Choice Act. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will lift the payroll tax cap on earnings above $250,000. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will forbid companies in bankruptcy from giving executives bonuses. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will allow workers to claim more in unpaid wages and benefits in bankruptcy court. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will allow imported prescription drugs. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will prevent drug companies from blocking generic drugs. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will allow Medicare to negotiate for cheaper drug prices. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will double funding for the Federal Charter School Program and require more accountability. NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will support repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). NEVER HAPPENED
    PROMISE: I will bring Democrats and Republicans together to pass an agenda. NEVER HAPPENED

    Couple that with the numerous promises he has broken since taking office (unemployment never going above 8 percent) and Obama supporters have a serious problem because they claim an apparent broken promise by Romney based solely on speculation is enough to disqualify him from getting a chance, and yet dozens of actual broken promises by Obama are enough to earn him re-election?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -108
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,262
    vCash:
    1284
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You speak of logic yet you say my support of the President is completely evidenced. And you say the reasons are because of my objections to Governor Romney and because all the posts of mine that you've read have defended President Obama.

    Do you truly not see your error in reasoning


    That’s not an error in reasoning; it’s an inductive argument arguing from specific observed instances to a general statement.


    You're talking to a crazy person. You can't make someone with a distorted worldview and completely illogical thought processes try to understand you.

    Prove my worldview and thought process are distorted and illogical (claiming anyone’s worldview is “distorted” just demonstrates that you don’t have the foggiest clue about how reasoning actually works), you talk a good game but when the chips are down you get thumped and you know it.

    We tried ad nauseum in the Religion forum.

    Haha, ad nauseum is a logical fallacy, so I am not surprised your attempts failed, they were illogical.

    You'd make more progress trying to get into Kate Beckinsale's pants than you would trying to talk rationally with this guy...


    Your inability to “talk rationally” sounds like more of a problem on your part than it is my part.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -109
    JackFinfan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    544
    vCash:
    2941
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

    Sure, the wealthy use variable pre-paid forward contracts to avoid paying billions of dollars in capital gains taxes every year.



    Except they do exist, I just gave you an example of one; it sounds to me like you need to learn more about your own profession.



    Good, the more of you that stay home the better chance Romney has of winning.
    lmao, if you think that loophole will even come close to covering a tenth of the revenue loss that will occur when you lower the rates. Also, please show me a source saying Romney will eliminate your forward contract example.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -110
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,542
    vCash:
    9622
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler
    Did you ever think that maybe banks support Romney because they realize he knows how to fix the economy? Makes sense to me.


    You believe that because you're biased.

    You’re so full of beans, Government Agencies openly supporting a political candidate is a direct violation of the Hatch Act. None of these agencies would be allowed to give a dime to Ron Paul’s campaign.


    These aren't the agencies themselves that are donating to the campaigns, these are donations from actual every-day people who've joined those agencies. Look it up.

    US Army $78,056
    US Navy $56,769
    US Air Force $55,405
    Google Inc $52,801
    Microsoft Corp $47,923
    US Postal Service $26,591

    Quote Originally Posted by Statler
    He didn’t lie, you are basing all of this on a speculative study that ignores several key factors.


    It's his own study, which he's personally endorsed, that shows even under the most favorable conditions he won't be able to give a tax reduction to people making over 250k without at the very least raising taxes on people in the 100k to 250k bracket.

    You’re just mad because your guy lost the debate, get over it.
    Obama's not "my guy". I didn't vote for him in 08', I won't be voting for him now. Ron Paul I would vote for, Gary Johnson I would vote for (Both happen to be Republican). Both of the current candidates support the National Defense Authorization Act, which would give the government the ability to detain American citizens indefinitely without access to due process of law; a basic constitutional right.

    Again, like Jack said, just because I criticize Romney doesn't mean I support Obama, and just because I criticize Young Earth Creationists doesn't mean I'm an atheist. You know what they say about assuming, don't you?
    Last edited by rob19; 10-05-2012 at 06:40 PM.
    Quote Quote  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •