Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 221

Thread: Oh YEA! ITS ON!

  1. -121
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,210
    vCash:
    2346
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    its funny the people who are bragging how the unemployment rate is at 7.8 percent. you do realize that when obama took office that it was at that, so even if that number is credible, he still didnt reduce it, and as a matter of fact, i remember obama promising when he was elected that with the new stimulus package, the unemployment rate would be at 5.6 percent lol.

    its funny how many people on here bash romney ( not saying he does not deserve any criticism) yet will defend anything obama does. under obama, the economy still ****ing blows, and for me personally as someone who makes a lot of money yearly, i dont need to be taxed more so i can ****ing pay for the bums who just decide to live off the government bc they are to lazy to get a ****ing job.

    if you dont work or are lazy, obama is deff ur guy and should be, but for me i just cant afford for obama to be elected another term, it would hurt me, but to each his own i guess.

    ---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    And you think that the unemployment number is credible? This is the same administration that said that Obamacare wouldn't raise the price of healthcare. It provided a number bases on a shell game to fabricate savings: they got the CBO to state the cost over a specific 10 year span, fully knowing that 4 of the 10 years were all tax revenues, while only 6 of those years would actually contain expenses. It was a deliberate attempt to misinform you and me. Now these good numbers come out within 2 days of all the headlines talking about how Romney cleaned Obama's clock in the debate. They are again attempting to own the headline and take control of the news stories to get Obama's failure off the map.
    u cant argue vs these people who love obama, they will use anything to defend him. its not even worth it, i shouldnt have even gotten involved bc i wont win the argument, they are going to believe what they want to and nothing can change it. even if it was a credible number, thats still ****ing awful, its the same as when bush left, and if people destroyed bush over it, obama deserves the same bashing.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -122
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,161
    vCash:
    6388
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    its funny how many people on here bash romney ( not saying he does not deserve any criticism) yet will defend anything obama does. under obama, the economy still ****ing blows, and for me personally as someone who makes a lot of money yearly, i dont need to be taxed more so i can ****ing pay for the bums who just decide to live off the government bc they are to lazy to get a ****ing job.

    if you dont work or are lazy, obama is deff ur guy and should be, but for me i just cant afford for obama to be elected another term, it would hurt me, but to each his own i guess.

    ---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------


    u cant argue vs these people who love obama, they will use anything to defend him. its not even worth it, i shouldnt have even gotten involved bc i wont win the argument, they are going to believe what they want to and nothing can change it. even if it was a credible number, thats still ****ing awful, its the same as when bush left, and if people destroyed bush over it, obama deserves the same bashing.
    Like I've said I'm not an Obama supporter either, but I've yet to hear anyone say one actual way Mitt's Welfare program will be different than the current one.

    “We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers,” says Neil Newhouse, a Romney pollster.

    A half dozen fact-checking organizations and websites have refuted Romney’s claims that Obama removed the work requirement from the welfare law and will cut
    Medicare benefits by $216 billion.

    Last Sunday’s New York Times even reported on its front page that Romney has been “falsely charging”President Obama with removing the work requirement. Those are strong words from the venerable Times. Yet Romney is still making the false charge. Ads containing it continue to be aired.

    Presumably the Romney campaign continues its false claims because they’re effective. But this raises a more basic question: How can they remain effective when they’ve been so overwhelmingly discredited by the media?

    The answer is the Republican Party has developed three means of bypassing the mainstream media and its fact-checkers.

    The first is by repeating big lies so often in TV spots – financed by a mountain of campaign money – that the public can no longer recall (if it ever knew) that the mainstream media and its fact-checkers have found them to be lies.


    http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Ro...re-law-dispute
    Last edited by rob19; 10-05-2012 at 10:28 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -123
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,729
    vCash:
    2354
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    And you think that the unemployment number is credible? This is the same administration that said that Obamacare wouldn't raise the price of healthcare. It provided a number bases on a shell game to fabricate savings: they got the CBO to state the cost over a specific 10 year span, fully knowing that 4 of the 10 years were all tax revenues, while only 6 of those years would actually contain expenses. It was a deliberate attempt to misinform you and me. Now these good numbers come out within 2 days of all the headlines talking about how Romney cleaned Obama's clock in the debate. They are again attempting to own the headline and take control of the news stories to get Obama's failure off the map.
    Even Republicans admit the numbers are sound. Even Romney has admitted the numbers are sound(his stance is its not good enough and it took way to long). They are published by a non-partisan part of the government that has never given in to Presidential pressure, even Nixon couldnt successfully pressure them.

    Jack Welch, the former CEO of General Electric, quickly came out with a tweet, voicing his suspicion. On his Twitter account he accused the Obama administration of manipulating U.S. employment data for political advantage.

    "Unbelievable jobs numbers…these Chicago guys will do anything…can't debate so change numbers," Welch, 76, and a Republican, said.

    Other GOP members also blasted the numbers.

    "In regards to today's Jobs report-I agree with former GE CEO Jack Welch, Chicago style politics is at work here," Florida Rep. Allen West wrote....


    (To be fair, not all GOP members felt something underhanded was going on. As former Bush White House aide Tony Fratto put it, " BLS is not manipulating data. Evidence of such would be a scandal of enormous proportions & loss of credibility.")

    That is pretty much the sentiment among economists.

    "I would be very skeptical of any claims the job statistics are manipulated," Gary Burtless, an economist at the Brookings Institution, in Washington, D.C., told ABC News. "If they were, the administration's record so far in 2012 would undoubtedly look a lot brighter." Indeed, as Ezra Klein points out in the Washington Post, the drop is a mere three-tenths of one percent, from 8.1 percent to 7.8 percent-not exactly a reason to crack open the Veuve Clicquot.

    What's more, Burless said it's uncharacteristic of the Obama administration to lie about something like this. "Richard Nixon was notorious for distrusting the BLS, and he probably managed to frighten some long-time BLS employees," said Burtless. "But I have not heard any persuasive reports of statistical manipulation in the BLS, even during the Nixon administration. So it would be astounding if President Obama has been more successful along those lines than Nixon managed to be."
    http://news.yahoo.com/does-white-hou...nlwYWdl;_ylv=3

    Only those who live in a reality of conspiracy theories believe this report is fabricated. Then again, thats pretty much all the right runs with: Make wild accusations, easily be proven wrong, declare a conspiracy.

    Obama caught a break. The timing was incredibly lucky. But then again, had the numbers gone up, Obama would have been toasted.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

  4. -124
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,729
    vCash:
    2354
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    Like I've said I'm not an Obama supporter either, but I've yet to hear anyone say one actual way Mitt's Welfare program will be different than the current one.
    Of course you are rob. You disagreed with something Romney said, that makes you an Obama supporter.

    Overlooking the fact that a year ago many of these same people probably bent over backwards to keep Romney off the ballot because hes to liberal, keep in mind this is the same party that has been vilifying Chief Justice John Roberts as a closet democrat.

    You are either with them or against them. Compromise is weakness. Pathological hatred for the United States government. Obsession over ideological purity. Vote Republican 2012!(Because lord knows it didnt matter what name was on the ballot).
    Quote Quote  

  5. -125
    phins_4_ever's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2008
    Posts:
    3,709
    vCash:
    543
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    its funny the people who are bragging how the unemployment rate is at 7.8 percent. you do realize that when obama took office that it was at that, so even if that number is credible, he still didnt reduce it, and as a matter of fact, i remember obama promising when he was elected that with the new stimulus package, the unemployment rate would be at 5.6 percent lol.
    You can not be serious. Sometimes when I read these posts I feel like I am on a different planet.

    We know totally disregard the fact that he stepped into a totally crappy economy with rising unemployment with an unemployment rate increased by 3% in one year alone before he took office.
    Attached Images
    Quote Quote  

  6. -126
    -=DolfanDave=-'s Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2004
    Posts:
    3,760
    vCash:
    8269
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Of course you are rob. You disagreed with something Romney said, that makes you an Obama supporter.

    Overlooking the fact that a year ago many of these same people probably bent over backwards to keep Romney off the ballot because hes to liberal, keep in mind this is the same party that has been vilifying Chief Justice John Roberts as a closet democrat.

    You are either with them or against them. Compromise is weakness. Pathological hatred for the United States government. Obsession over ideological purity. Vote Republican 2012!(Because lord knows it didnt matter what name was on the ballot).
    Why? Because you say so?

    lol... some people think they have ALL the answers. There isn't just two schools of thought in politics. You know that, right? "Your either with them or against them" ?! WTF is that? Are you a member of the nazi party?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -127
    rob19's Avatar
    Soul Rebel

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    7,161
    vCash:
    6388
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    Why? Because you say so?

    lol... some people think they have ALL the answers. There isn't just two schools of thought in politics. You know that, right? "Your either with them or against them" ?! WTF is that? Are you a member of the nazi party?
    I think his sarcasm might have escaped you.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -128
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1203
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Oh YEA! ITS ON!

    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    And you think that the unemployment number is credible? This is the same administration that said that Obamacare wouldn't raise the price of healthcare. It provided a number bases on a shell game to fabricate savings: they got the CBO to state the cost over a specific 10 year span, fully knowing that 4 of the 10 years were all tax revenues, while only 6 of those years would actually contain expenses. It was a deliberate attempt to misinform you and me. Now these good numbers come out within 2 days of all the headlines talking about how Romney cleaned Obama's clock in the debate. They are again attempting to own the headline and take control of the news stories to get Obama's failure off the map.
    Same old nonsense posts. Listening to conspiracy stories again are we?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -129
    irish fin fan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2010
    Posts:
    1,158
    vCash:
    1203
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Oh YEA! ITS ON!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    its funny the people who are bragging how the unemployment rate is at 7.8 percent. you do realize that when obama took office that it was at that, so even if that number is credible, he still didnt reduce it, and as a matter of fact, i remember obama promising when he was elected that with the new stimulus package, the unemployment rate would be at 5.6 percent lol.

    its funny how many people on here bash romney ( not saying he does not deserve any criticism) yet will defend anything obama does. under obama, the economy still ****ing blows, and for me personally as someone who makes a lot of money yearly, i dont need to be taxed more so i can ****ing pay for the bums who just decide to live off the government bc they are to lazy to get a ****ing job.

    if you dont work or are lazy, obama is deff ur guy and should be, but for me i just cant afford for obama to be elected another term, it would hurt me, but to each his own i guess.

    ---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------


    u cant argue vs these people who love obama, they will use anything to defend him. its not even worth it, i shouldnt have even gotten involved bc i wont win the argument, they are going to believe what they want to and nothing can change it. even if it was a credible number, thats still ****ing awful, its the same as when bush left, and if people destroyed bush over it, obama deserves the same bashing.
    This post is so pathetic I won't even bother commenting on it, except to say its pathetic.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -130
    Spesh's Avatar
    Fat Kid

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    7,729
    vCash:
    2354
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by -=DolfanDave=- View Post
    Why? Because you say so?

    lol... some people think they have ALL the answers. There isn't just two schools of thought in politics. You know that, right? "Your either with them or against them" ?! WTF is that? Are you a member of the nazi party?
    I believe the correct accusation towards those who dont agree with everything Republicans say is "socialist". "Communist" is also acceptable.
    Quote Quote  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •