Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 221

Thread: Oh YEA! ITS ON!

  1. -171
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2011
    Posts:
    334
    vCash:
    1527
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFinfan View Post
    I didn't realize Gov't Revenue was solely determined by the marginal tax rates. I'm sure there are no other factors that could influence how much money we bring in.

    I said they "really don't exist", like they basically don't exist, or they pretty much don't exist. This implies that no individual loophole exists that has any significant impact on revenue loss. I didn't say "they don't exist." Perhaps my word usage could have been better, but I think my context was pretty clear. Although, we already know, you are the king of ignoring context.

    Funny how Romney doesn't want to be specific with what he'll eliminate because he wants to hear the ideas on the other side, but he's perfectly fine with being specific with how much he'll cut taxes (20%).

    You claiming I don't know how to cut my paragraphs is like Michael J. Fox calling someone jittery.

    I wasn't fine with Democrats passing Obamacare. I don't approve of Obamacare. We needed at the very least a public option, but really what we need is a single payer system. Once again, you assume that because I don't agree with Republicans that I automatically agree with everything the Democrats do. I am a registered independent, and I've voted for both a Republican and Democrat in presidential races. This election I'll be voting for Johnson. It's so sad that your whole world is in black and white. We saw that in the religion forum and we're seeing it here.
    Don't see much sense in voting for Johnson but I do find most of what you say very interesting and thought provoking....

    Funny how Romney doesn't want to be specific with what he'll eliminate because he wants to hear the ideas on the other side, but he's perfectly fine with being specific with how much he'll cut taxes (20%).
    Romney, like you said, will have to hear the ideas of the otherside and come to some form of compromise ( interesting concept, compromise) in order to find out specifically whats to be eliminated. So since it's not a known quantity at this point maybe feels it's better to keep it that way so not to give added ammunition to the present administration which you know will try to use to his detriment...
    Just a hunch, but does that have in ligitimacy to you, be interseted in your thought....
    Quote Quote  

  2. -172
    JackFinfan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    505
    vCash:
    2688
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzinvinny View Post
    Don't see much sense in voting for Johnson but I do find most of what you say very interesting and thought provoking....



    Romney, like you said, will have to hear the ideas of the otherside and come to some form of compromise ( interesting concept, compromise) in order to find out specifically whats to be eliminated. So since it's not a known quantity at this point maybe feels it's better to keep it that way so not to give added ammunition to the present administration which you know will try to use to his detriment...
    Just a hunch, but does that have in ligitimacy to you, be interseted in your thought....
    The way i look at it, if I vote Dem or GOP I know I'll be disappointed. But, I still want to vote. ,A vote for a 3rd party is a vote against both parities propping up these horrible candidates that we're forced to pick between.

    I agree that they don't want to give ammunition to the other side, but in an election you have to put your cards on the table. I don't want either side Dems or GOP to say, here's my plan I promise it'll do _____________ but I can't give you the specifics, just trust me.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -173
    JackFinfan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    505
    vCash:
    2688
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanFin View Post
    Stay classy now.
    Yea anyone who makes a joke about Fox and his Parkinson's is just not classy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=zI4lFjWoFqc#!

    Stay classy Fox
    Quote Quote  

  4. -174
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2011
    Posts:
    334
    vCash:
    1527
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFinfan View Post
    The way i look at it, if I vote Dem or GOP I know I'll be disappointed. But, I still want to vote. ,A vote for a 3rd party is a vote against both parities propping up these horrible candidates that we're forced to pick between.

    I agree that they don't want to give ammunition to the other side, but in an election you have to put your cards on the table. I don't want either side Dems or GOP to say, here's my plan I promise it'll do _____________ but I can't give you the specifics, just trust me.
    Well think I have to disagree with you there and not that I wouldn't like that to be reality. But in the political world it's not done and with some level of wisdom behind it. First you'd need both sides to have that kind of intrgrity and that just doesn't happen. Giving added info to either side of a system built by unscrupulous people isn't very wise even if you were honest.... In the end I feel that you have to go with your gut and pick the man you feel most comfortable with, Mr perfect doesn't come around anymore and if he did he wouldn't be a politician....last Mr perfect if I remember my history correctly, got crucified............. it's almost always a crap shot...

    But I do like reading your post....
    Quote Quote  

  5. -175
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,930
    vCash:
    1426
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Romney makes his money from investments. Which is why his tax rate is lower around 15%. Raise that rate to 30% or more like everyone else pays on income and what do you think will happen to investments in this country??? Not a fan of Romney at all but I do believe lower tax investment rates are good for the country.
    They'll still continue because they'll earn more money than if they sat in a bank account earning 0%. 70% of something is still more than 85% of nothing. Come on now.

    There are a lot of people with very poor and ignorant views of tax law. I'm far from an expert, my only experience is a couple of tax law classes in law school (including corporate tax, as well as working at a corporate tax firm) but my god there is just some poor understanding of basic economics.

    Double tax is something that exists simply because to combat companies from using Type A and C mergers from using incredible tax loopholes and getting massive write offs.

    If you are a winning player, and earn enough money to supplant your income, you are taxed at that rate. If you earn over $6000 (at least, in Florida) any one instance, you simply have the amount withheld.
    Last edited by CANDolphan; 10-14-2012 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -176
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,930
    vCash:
    1426
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    I havent trolled at all in this thread. Its all true. Obama is killing our businesses in this country. We need a leader like Romney that will get these poors back to work.
    You yourself have admitted to not paying taxes on earned income through playing poker professionally yet you don't see the blatant hypocrisy here? Listen, as a person who plays a lot of poker, previously online and in person, I know lots of people who skirt by and don't pay their full income tax as a result. I know this. I went to college with one person who was fortunate enough to earn milions of dollars in the ME of 2011's WSOP.

    But you're not paying your fair share. Period.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -177
    CANDolphan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    2,930
    vCash:
    1426
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    On top of all of that, that ******* Obama took away our $300 teacher credit. He also stripped those of us who pay back student loans the ability to use what we pay in interest on those things as a deduction. Why? So he could give more food stamps to poors.
    Also, if you genuinely believe that Obama is an ENEMY to those with student loans then I strongly urge you to re-read the consolidation plan of 2011. As an attorney and someone with massive student loans I flat out disagree here. Am I worried about paying them back? Absolutely. Do I have faith I'll pay them back? Absolutely. Do I want to live below the poverty line just to pay loans back while I work hours and hours at a firm making roughly $50,000 a year because my student loans are so high? Hell no. And I shouldn't. It's flat out unfair and ridiculous.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -178
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,261
    vCash:
    1278
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I didn't realize Gov't Revenue was solely determined by the marginal tax rates. I'm sure there are no other factors that could influence how much money we bring in.


    I never said it was the only factor; it’s just the dominant factor because it’s directly tied in to how the economy grows.

    I said they "really don't exist", like they basically don't exist, or they pretty much don't exist. This implies that no individual loophole exists that has any significant impact on revenue loss. I didn't say "they don't exist." Perhaps my word usage could have been better, but I think my context was pretty clear. Although, we already know, you are the king of ignoring context.


    You could just admit you made a mistake you know. The loophole I gave you actually accounts for billions of dollars in dodged taxes every year, that’s a good start if you ask me. It’s hard to take someone out of context when you quote them in their entirety as I did with you.

    Funny how Romney doesn't want to be specific with what he'll eliminate because he wants to hear the ideas on the other side, but he's perfectly fine with being specific with how much he'll cut taxes (20%).

    That’s a goal, he said he’d be specific when it came to goals, but leave the plan to achieving those goals a bit flexible (as long as it doesn’t go against his principles). Makes sense to me.

    I wasn't fine with Democrats passing Obamacare. I don't approve of Obamacare. We needed at the very least a public option, but really what we need is a single payer system. Once again, you assume that because I don't agree with Republicans that I automatically agree with everything the Democrats do. I am a registered independent, and I've voted for both a Republican and Democrat in presidential races. This election I'll be voting for Johnson. It's so sad that your whole world is in black and white. We saw that in the religion forum and we're seeing it here.


    I value truth; I will never apologize for doing so. It’s hard to believe that you are really independent when your objections to Obamacare are that it didn’t go far enough, which of course is a very left wing viewpoint.

    The way i look at it, if I vote Dem or GOP I know I'll be disappointed. But, I still want to vote. ,A vote for a 3rd party is a vote against both parities propping up these horrible candidates that we're forced to pick between.


    Then why not write yourself in? Why vote for Johnson at all? He has no chance of winning, so you might as well just write yourself in since I am sure you support all of your own policies. It just doesn’t make much sense to vote for Johnson.

    You yourself have admitted to not paying taxes on earned income through playing poker professionally yet you don't see the blatant hypocrisy here? Listen, as a person who plays a lot of poker, previously online and in person, I know lots of people who skirt by and don't pay their full income tax as a result. I know this. I went to college with one person who was fortunate enough to earn milions of dollars in the ME of 2011's WSOP.


    Has the money you are risking to play poker with already been taxed?

    But you're not paying your fair share. Period.


    How much is a “fair share”? I want specifics! How much is it and who determines that it is “fair”?
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

  9. -179
    JackFinfan's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2010
    Posts:
    505
    vCash:
    2688
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Statler Waldorf View Post

    I value truth; I will never apologize for doing so. It’s hard to believe that you are really independent when your objections to Obamacare are that it didn’t go far enough, which of course is a very left wing viewpoint.



    Then why not write yourself in? Why vote for Johnson at all? He has no chance of winning, so you might as well just write yourself in since I am sure you support all of your own policies. It just doesn’t make much sense to vote for Johnson.

    An independent can have far left wing views, far right wing views, or moderate views depending on the topic. I don't care about Republicans, I don't care about Democrats, and I certainly have never taken a position based on what either party adopts. That makes me independent. When it comes to healthcare I am very progressive. I don't think insurance companies do anything to improve our health care. Half of my wife's family is from Canada, so I go up there a good amount. Every one I've spoken to up there thinks our system is crazy.

    I am also pro 2nd amendment even though I don't own or plan on ever owning a gun. I believe in spending cuts to welfare and food stamps, but not to social security and Medicare (not an entitlement, we’ve paid for it in taxes). I think defense needs to be cut drastically and we need to stop being the world police. I don't believe in public sector unions, but I'm pro private sector unions. So, I have views that are considered left wing and right wing. Once again, I realize this is hard to comprehend in your world, because all you see is black and white.

    As for your “I should vote for myself argument”...I will be voting for Gary Johnson because he is the leading 3rd party candidate, and I agree with him on a majority of issues. I think that if he can get a good percentage then maybe it would persuade more people to vote for a 3rd party next election. The goal is to create a sort of snowball effect. Remember, it wasn't that long ago when Ross Perot was debating alongside Bush and Clinton. We haven't always shunned the 3rd party like we currently do.

    I just don't subscribe to the theory that a vote for anyone other than a D or R is a waste. You do realize you don't get a prize for picking the winner? You can criticize my thought process all you want, but the reality is your thought process is the reason we keep getting two horrible candidates put in front of us. If more people thought like me, we'd have more than 2 major parties and the D's and R's would be forced to provide more competent candidates. I’m not criticizing anyone for voting R or D if that party lines up with their respective values. I’m just saying that voting for the lesser of two evils is dumb.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -180
    Statler Waldorf's Avatar
    Bench Warmer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,261
    vCash:
    1278
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    An independent can have far left wing views, far right wing views, or moderate views depending on the topic. I don't care about Republicans, I don't care about Democrats, and I certainly have never taken a position based on what either party adopts. That makes me independent. When it comes to healthcare I am very progressive. I don't think insurance companies do anything to improve our health care. Half of my wife's family is from Canada, so I go up there a good amount. Every one I've spoken to up there thinks our system is crazy.


    Fair enough.

    I am also pro 2nd amendment even though I don't own or plan on ever owning a gun. I believe in spending cuts to welfare and food stamps, but not to social security and Medicare (not an entitlement, we’ve paid for it in taxes). I think defense needs to be cut drastically and we need to stop being the world police. I don't believe in public sector unions, but I'm pro private sector unions. So, I have views that are considered left wing and right wing. Once again, I realize this is hard to comprehend in your world, because all you see is black and white.


    I agree with you on some of these things, I still think you’d be considered left of center, but maybe you’re not as left as I thought, my apologies.

    As for your “I should vote for myself argument”...I will be voting for Gary Johnson because he is the leading 3rd party candidate, and I agree with him on a majority of issues. I think that if he can get a good percentage then maybe it would persuade more people to vote for a 3rd party next election. The goal is to create a sort of snowball effect. Remember, it wasn't that long ago when Ross Perot was debating alongside Bush and Clinton. We haven't always shunned the 3rd party like we currently do.


    I think a 3rd party would be the most dangerous thing to ever happen to America because it’d really only split the Republican party (no Liberal is going to vote for Johnson, but many people who lean right may). This would then mean that the democrats would win every election from here on out (often with far less than 50 percent of the vote), so a 3rd party would push America directly into a far left ideology even if a majority of the people disagree with it. In Germany the Nazis gained power with less than 40 percent of the vote because they had a multiple party system, so even though a majority of Germans disagreed with their policies they were allowed to control the nation. That’s scary to me.

    I just don't subscribe to the theory that a vote for anyone other than a D or R is a waste. You do realize you don't get a prize for picking the winner? You can criticize my thought process all you want, but the reality is your thought process is the reason we keep getting two horrible candidates put in front of us. If more people thought like me, we'd have more than 2 major parties and the D's and R's would be forced to provide more competent candidates. I’m not criticizing anyone for voting R or D if that party lines up with their respective values. I’m just saying that voting for the lesser of two evils is dumb.


    I disagree, with three parties the Democratic Party wouldn’t have to work as hard; they’d be able to win with only 35 percent of the vote because the Republican Party would be fragmented. This would lead to more extreme left-wing candidates winning major office.
    Quote Quote  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •