Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh YEA! ITS ON!

1. -51
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan
    Obama cares about the ****ing poors. He gives them free everything. They have no desire to work, because what they hell, they can sit on their sorry ass and make about 60% of what working people make.

Source
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post

Ain't no tax-break for the middle class coming for you.

I don't know where some of you guys get the notion that Mitt Romney's gonna "crack down on taxing rich people", when he plans on giving people with an income above 250,000 dollars a tax-break, and to do that he has to increase taxes on everyone below that. He's said he won't have to raise taxes on people below 250,000, but the numbers show that isn't mathematically feasible.
    Numbers are hiding in an offshore bank account. He'll let us know them after the election.

Thread has brought good laffs, keep it going. And i think i know how:

Solyndra.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    You're standing on my neck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVDolphan View Post
    No one believes he is going to do anything to fix the loopholes. What do a lot of people not understand about the fact that most of us simply DO NOT CARE about making these ultra rich people pay every last penny they possibly can on taxes?

Facts are this......

Ultra rich wind up paying a **** ton of taxes as it is.

If we want to bring in more money through taxes, we need more people WORKING and therefore paying their share.

When people work and pay taxes, they are contributing to society in two ways(paying taxes and working a job that does something for people)

When people are working and paying taxes, they ARE NOT being dependants.

When people are dependants, they are taking tax money from the people who are working. Less workers and more people mooching puts a huge strain on us.

When business owners arent taxed to death, they can hire more workers.

When they hire more workers, more people work and pay taxes.

Everybody wins. Especially the working class. The ones Obama pretends to care about. Obama cares about the ****ing poors. He gives them free everything. They have no desire to work, because what they hell, they can sit on their sorry ass and make about 60% of what working people make.

The people who dont want these tax breaks for small business owners and middle class people are the sorry ****ing bums who dont want to go to work. Im tired of floating the bill for these dependants.
    **** ton of taxes is relative. To us, it's a **** ton, but as a percentage of their total wealth, the ultra rich typically pay less than the average.

Higher taxes and lower unemployment are not mutually exclusive. It greatly depends on circumstances. For example, corporations are currently sitting on plenty of capital, but they are choosing not to do anything with it right now. An increase in taxes for them right now is unlikely to affect employment. On the other hand, because demand is still low, an increase in taxes on people with low disposable income or on struggling small businesses could very likely affect employment.
    Not every human is a manipulative, opportunistic, letch... or at least that's what I'm told.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No one believes he is going to do anything to fix the loopholes. What do a lot of people not understand about the fact that most of us simply DO NOT CARE about making these ultra rich people pay every last penny they possibly can on taxes?

Facts are this......

Ultra rich wind up paying a **** ton of taxes as it is.

If we want to bring in more money through taxes, we need more people WORKING and therefore paying their share.

When people work and pay taxes, they are contributing to society in two ways(paying taxes and working a job that does something for people)

When people are working and paying taxes, they ARE NOT being dependants.

When people are dependants, they are taking tax money from the people who are working. Less workers and more people mooching puts a huge strain on us.

When business owners arent taxed to death, they can hire more workers.

When they hire more workers, more people work and pay taxes.

Everybody wins. Especially the working class. The ones Obama pretends to care about. Obama cares about the ****ing poors. He gives them free everything. They have no desire to work, because what they hell, they can sit on their sorry ass and make about 60% of what working people make.

The people who dont want these tax breaks for small business owners and middle class people are the sorry ****ing bums who dont want to go to work. Im tired of floating the bill for these dependants.
    A whole bunch of bull**** from a professional poker player who admits he only works "when I have to".

Here's a few choice quotes from a post WV made in the AM thread (smileys his):

http://www.finheaven.com/show...post1064444490

Nevertheless, the two previous years I made almost exactly the amount of money playing poker as I did teaching full time last year. (Tax free though...SHHHH)
    Past 4 years..... Years one and two I hardly worked at all. I only went bust once the year before last. I worked a total of 4 days the entire school year.
    Its a tough grind but it all beats the hell out of working a regular job.
    I mean, are you ****ing kidding me? GTFO, seriously.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like the one's he's currently using to only pay 15% in federal taxes? Or maybe you're referring to tax loopholes like a 75,000 tax break for owning a Dressage horse?

The first one is not a tax loophole, it's a tax rate. I think the capital gains tax should be zero percent because that money was already taxed as an income, no double taxation.

I don't always defend the President. I do, however, defend him when I see a criticism that I think is unwarranted, ignorant, or stupid.

Well apparently you think all criticisms of the president qualify as such, you’re an Obama fanboy, everyone knows it.

Maybe you should concentrate on improving your grammar before you try your hand at deductive reasoning.

There’s nothing wrong with writing in the passive voice, and your arguments are based on INDCUCTIVE reasoning, not deductive reasoning; read a textbook for once.

You realize nobody has accused Romney of doing anything illegal, right?

Nobody? Really?

“Either Mitt Romney, through his own words and his own signature, was misrepresenting his position at Bain [Capital] to the SEC, which is a felony, or he misrepresented his position to the public.” - Stephanie Cutler, Obama’s deputy campaign manager

Classy…

Point is I don't know where some of you guys get the notion that Mitt Romney's gonna "crack down on taxing rich people",

What on Earth makes you think he should? Increasing taxes on the job creators in America is the worst way to create jobs, I have never worked for a low income person and I never will; I have worked for many “wealthy” people though.
    Total Depravity
    Unconditional Election
    Limited Atonement
    Irresistible Grace
    Perseverance of the Saints
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Source[/COLOR]
    Wal Mart. Go there. Ask the poors how much easier it is to get their checks and stamps while not working under Obama. Ask them who they are voting for. The answer is the guy who will continue to not make them go to work in order to keep a roof over their heads, plenty of free food, and enough cash to buy cases of cheap beer and blunts. Oh... and throw in a free cell phone.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Nobody? Really?

“Either Mitt Romney, through his own words and his own signature, was misrepresenting his position at Bain [Capital] to the SEC, which is a felony, or he misrepresented his position to the public.” - Stephanie Cutler, Obama’s deputy campaign manager

Classy…

So which was it? Which of them was he lying to?

Quote Originally Posted by Statler
    What on Earth makes you think he should? Increasing taxes on the job creators in America is the worst way to create jobs, I have never worked for a low income person and I never will; I have worked for many “wealthy” people though.

You realize the tax-breaks he's giving to people above the 250,000 bracket will increase YOUR taxes, correct?
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Wal Mart. Go there. Ask the poors how much easier it is to get their checks and stamps while not working under Obama. Ask them who they are voting for. The answer is the guy who will continue to not make them go to work in order to keep a roof over their heads, plenty of free food, and enough cash to buy cases of cheap beer and blunts. Oh... and throw in a free cell phone.
    Washington (CNN) -- Welfare reform, which added a work requirement tied to welfare benefits, is often cited as a major bipartisan political success of President Bill Clinton's second term.
    So the idea of the next Democratic president, Barack Obama, taking the work requirement off the table is political dynamite.

Apparently, the Romney campaign believes it is.
    A Romney campaign ad titled "Welfare Reform," which came out earlier in August, says that's just what Obama did.
    "On July 12, President Obama quietly ended the work requirement, gutting welfare reform. One of the most respected newspapers in the country called it 'nuts,' " the ad says.

"Under Obama's plan, you wouldn't have to work and you wouldn't have to train for a job," the ad continues. "They just send you your welfare check. And welfare to work goes back to being plain old welfare ..."
    But the Obama campaign calls Romney's ad "nuts."
    CNN's Fact-check agrees.

Clinton calls out 'disappointing' Romney ad
    "Every single person here who's looked at it says it's patently false,"Obama said a news conference on Monday.
    So where did the notion of a major welfare reform overhaul come from?

Where it didn't come from is Washington but rather from Utah, Nevada, California, Connecticut and Minnesota.
    These states, some with Republican governors, asked the federal government for more flexibility in how they hand out welfare dollars. Their purpose was to spend less time on federal paperwork and more time experimenting with ways to connect welfare recipients with jobs.

The Obama administration cooperated, granting waivers to some states from some of the existing rules.
    The waivers gave "those states some flexibility in how they manage their welfare rolls as long as it produced 20% increases in the number of people getting work."

In some small way, the waivers might change precisely how work is calculated but the essential goal of pushing welfare recipients to work -- something both Democrats and Republicans agreed to in the 1990s -- remains the same.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    A whole bunch of bull**** from a professional poker player who admits he only works "when I have to".

Here's a few choice quotes from a post WV made in the AM thread (smileys his):

http://www.finheaven.com/show...post1064444490

I mean, are you ****ing kidding me? GTFO, seriously.
    Hey bro, I earn my money through the skills I was fortunate to have and developed.

Also, I need coal to start dominating again. One of my best group of customers is coal miners with excess money. Less and less of them are showing up. Obama is killing the coal industry for these green movement BS.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Bench Warmer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oregon
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So which was it? Which of them was he lying to?

Neither, Cutler set up a false dichotomy. Logic is not the Obama camp’s strong suit, emotionalism is.

You realize the tax-breaks he's giving to people above the 250,000 bracket will increase YOUR taxes, correct?

Nope, my tax rate will stay the same. They will however create jobs which will bring more workers into the tax pool and thus increase revenue, it always works.
    Quote Quote