Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dolphins will win this weekend.

1. -21
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post

I think the Dolphins will win too. Not because of past performances in Cincinnati because it doesn't really mean much as they were different teams, but for others factors.
    For those that think I'm just a doom and gloom fan, well there you go..

I'm about 85-90% bang on with the Dolphins, whether yay or nay, whether positive or negative, I know the team very well. I have a good read on this team, other times I have no comment when it's too close. But when I give an opinion on who I actually think will win I'm 90% right (said KC game would be Miami's first win last year, Had both New England and Houston covering the spread vs Miami on opening weekend this year and last year, told the pom pom wavers that Cleveland would likely beat Miami the last two years during those weeks before the game, and many other examples)..

But you see, the Dolphins are a good bet sometimes too, just have to know when to pick the spots -- they're also a great team to bet against, and again, you have to know when to pick the spots. But you can bet on them too with the right "spot" and proper matchup and timing. This week was one of them and they made me big $$$ on the "Moneyline" (I bet Miami straight up not taking the points for bigger winnings ;-) --

ps- last week was one of the very rare occasions Miami didn't come through for me as they covered the spread. But Arizona still won and with the way things were going I hit on Arizona on a Live bet when overtime started to win the game. The Dolphins are also a great team to bet for and against for "live betting" as the game is going on.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    So you can mark this up as a Dolphin win.
    I'm like 8-1 going to Dolphin games 2-0 in foxburo and 6-1 in Joe Robbie/pro Player, all in the 1990's but 4-0 must be pretty cool against the same team.

Excellent win.

Cant wait to hear your recap
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The streak continues.

Games involving Miami and Cincinnati beginning with the 1995 season (Miami on road) (games in Oct):

1995 season: Week 5 Sun Oct 1 1995 at Cin Miami 26, Cincinnati 23
    2000 season: Week 5 Sun Oct 1 2000 at Cin Miami 31, Cincinnati 16
    2010 season: Week 8 Sun Oct 31 2010 at Cin Miami 22, Cincinnati 14
    2012 season: Week 5 Sun Oct 7 2012 at Cin Miami 17, Cincinnati 13

Primary team Miami: 4-0
    Points for Miami: 96
    Points against Miami: 66
    What a great game to see. Weather was nice. The game didn't start off very good with the 2 quick turnovers. The punt I thought Thigpen should have come up and fielded. Haven't had time to watch the replay on dvr to see if he played it right. From the stadium it looked like he hesitated and then decide to let it bounce. Looked like the bengal was out of bounds hen he recovered but they called it bengal ball on the field and they weren't going to overturn. The second turnover I didn't really see what happened. Just knew we were driving the ball then trick play blew up in our face. But holding them to FG's was huge. The crowd was really into it early but you could sense that settling for FG's would come back to haunt them. The goal line stand after the second turnover was huge. 1st and goal at the 4 and they couldn't get it in running or passing. That make 4 straight games that we haven't allowed a rushing TD. In fact we have only allowed the 2 to Aieren Foster in the opener. And we have many times this season where the other team is 1st and goal and settles for FG's.

After that the Fins settled down. RT17 looked sharp with his passes. Man he delivers the ball on target most of the time. He definitley outplayed Dalton in their 1st matchup. He drove them right down the field and scored the go ahead TD. After that the Bengal faithful quieted down for the rest of the half. We had a good chance to score a second time before the half but the failed 4th and 1 was a bummer. But the Bengals helped us out by punting the ball on 4th down from our 44. Fans wanted them to go for it. We ran out the clock after that. At half time we went back to our favorite liquor stand where my wife had found a 5 second pour bartender. Yum.

2nd half was more of the same. Starks picked off Dalton setting up the Reggie Bush TD. And then we had some breathing room on the score board. The defense was playing great at this point the Bengals couldn't sniff a 1st down. Then came the big momentum changer. Carpenter misses the FG and just like last week the other team goes right down the field for a TD after not being able to do anything all day long. The crowd was really into after A.J Green TD. But the sack by Wake and Burnett quieted it back down. The punt pinned us deep but a good drive using the pass and run got us way from our goalline and got the Fins back into control of the game and crowd. This drive ultimely kept the Bengals out of sure FG range. They missed a long one on the next possession. If they make that one they only need a FG at the end of game instead of a TD. My wife doesn't really understand football. But I told her when we were pinned back at the 3 that this was a huge possession. If nothing we need to make a few 1st downs. And we did and it ended up being huge.

Then came the close ending. I had great seats but at one point in the game I had vision of clearing out the stadium with rout and being able to move all the way down to front row seats.
    The carpenter miss and Green TD made sure that wasn't happening. In the end Sherman stayed consistent with the way he has been calling it in the 4th. At the 2 minute warning I was saying to run the ball and use up one of the remaining minutes since the bengal were out of timeouts. But staying consistent with his ways Sherman tried to win the game right there with a 1st down. The play was well designed. Very safe pass that acts as a run. But then Clay run out of bounds short of the marker and stops the clock. Big mistake by him. Should have just went down in bounds or atleast tried to get the 1st down. In the end the D came through with the pick to ice the game. Dalton overthrew the receiver and it was done.

I really like the progress I have seen this year in the whole team. Rt17 looks like the real deal and our defense looks like it could be a real problems for teams.
    Let go get a win against Fisher and the Rams.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyboy View Post
    For those that think I'm just a doom and gloom fan, well there you go..

I'm about 85-90% bang on with the Dolphins, whether yay or nay, whether positive or negative, I know the team very well. I have a good read on this team, other times I have no comment when it's too close. But when I give an opinion on who I actually think will win I'm 90% right (said KC game would be Miami's first win last year, Had both New England and Houston covering the spread vs Miami on opening weekend this year and last year, told the pom pom wavers that Cleveland would likely beat Miami the last two years during those weeks before the game, and many other examples)..

But you see, the Dolphins are a good bet sometimes too, just have to know when to pick the spots -- they're also a great team to bet against, and again, you have to know when to pick the spots. But you can bet on them too with the right "spot" and proper matchup and timing. This week was one of them and they made me big $$$ on the "Moneyline" (I bet Miami straight up not taking the points for bigger winnings ;-) --

ps- last week was one of the very rare occasions Miami didn't come through for me as they covered the spread. But Arizona still won and with the way things were going I hit on Arizona on a Live bet when overtime started to win the game. The Dolphins are also a great team to bet for and against for "live betting" as the game is going on.
    Glad to hear you profited from the game. I gave up betting on the Dolphins years ago. I like you have followed them for a long time. I can usually sense when we have a sure win coming or when we don't have a chance. I guess i like just watching the game and not having the worry over a bet in my mind. I did use my skills in vegas a couple years back for some NBA games.

I wasn't winning anything on blackjack, slots or roullette. So I figured i would go with something I know. I figured i had better odds of winning something in the sports book. Ended up getting my money back plus a hundred. Have thought about setting aside a little money to bet the NFL but haven't done it yet. Maybe I should start after Oakland and Cincy prediction. LOL.

What are you thoughts on betting the RAMs game this week. They are abysmal on the road. I could see the Fins covering the spread easily.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Hey FINS1971, go to every game for the rest of time okay? K thanks bye.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

Re: Dolphins will win this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fins1971 View Post
    The streak continues.

Games involving Miami and Cincinnati beginning with the 1995 season (Miami on road) (games in Oct):

1995 season: Week 5 Sun Oct 1 1995 at Cin Miami 26, Cincinnati 23
    2000 season: Week 5 Sun Oct 1 2000 at Cin Miami 31, Cincinnati 16
    2010 season: Week 8 Sun Oct 31 2010 at Cin Miami 22, Cincinnati 14
    2012 season: Week 5 Sun Oct 7 2012 at Cin Miami 17, Cincinnati 13

Primary team Miami: 4-0
    Points for Miami: 96
    Points against Miami: 66
    What a great game to see. Weather was nice. The game didn't start off very good with the 2 quick turnovers. The punt I thought Thigpen should have come up and fielded. Haven't had time to watch the replay on dvr to see if he played it right. From the stadium it looked like he hesitated and then decide to let it bounce. Looked like the bengal was out of bounds hen he recovered but they called it bengal ball on the field and they weren't going to overturn. The second turnover I didn't really see what happened. Just knew we were driving the ball then trick play blew up in our face. But holding them to FG's was huge. The crowd was really into it early but you could sense that settling for FG's would come back to haunt them. The goal line stand after the second turnover was huge. 1st and goal at the 4 and they couldn't get it in running or passing. That make 4 straight games that we haven't allowed a rushing TD. In fact we have only allowed the 2 to Aieren Foster in the opener. And we have many times this season where the other team is 1st and goal and settles for FG's.

After that the Fins settled down. RT17 looked sharp with his passes. Man he delivers the ball on target most of the time. He definitley outplayed Dalton in their 1st matchup. He drove them right down the field and scored the go ahead TD. After that the Bengal faithful quieted down for the rest of the half. We had a good chance to score a second time before the half but the failed 4th and 1 was a bummer. But the Bengals helped us out by punting the ball on 4th down from our 44. Fans wanted them to go for it. We ran out the clock after that. At half time we went back to our favorite liquor stand where my wife had found a 5 second pour bartender. Yum.

2nd half was more of the same. Starks picked off Dalton setting up the Reggie Bush TD. And then we had some breathing room on the score board. The defense was playing great at this point the Bengals couldn't sniff a 1st down. Then came the big momentum changer. Carpenter misses the FG and just like last week the other team goes right down the field for a TD after not being able to do anything all day long. The crowd was really into after A.J Green TD. But the sack by Wake and Burnett quieted it back down. The punt pinned us deep but a good drive using the pass and run got us way from our goalline and got the Fins back into control of the game and crowd. This drive ultimely kept the Bengals out of sure FG range. They missed a long one on the next possession. If they make that one they only need a FG at the end of game instead of a TD. My wife doesn't really understand football. But I told her when we were pinned back at the 3 that this was a huge possession. If nothing we need to make a few 1st downs. And we did and it ended up being huge.

Then came the close ending. I had great seats but at one point in the game I had vision of clearing out the stadium with rout and being able to move all the way down to front row seats.
    The carpenter miss and Green TD made sure that wasn't happening. In the end Sherman stayed consistent with the way he has been calling it in the 4th. At the 2 minute warning I was saying to run the ball and use up one of the remaining minutes since the bengal were out of timeouts. But staying consistent with his ways Sherman tried to win the game right there with a 1st down. The play was well designed. Very safe pass that acts as a run. But then Clay run out of bounds short of the marker and stops the clock. Big mistake by him. Should have just went down in bounds or atleast tried to get the 1st down. In the end the D came through with the pick to ice the game. Dalton overthrew the receiver and it was done.

I really like the progress I have seen this year in the whole team. Rt17 looks like the real deal and our defense looks like it could be a real problems for teams.
    Let go get a win against Fisher and the Rams.
    Thanks for sharing! Given your lucky streak, maybe Vaark can buy you tickets to the rest of our games!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    Hey FINS1971, go to every game for the rest of time okay? K thanks bye.
    Unfortunately the charm only works for the Bengals. Been to a couple Indy games where the Fins were on the wrong side of the scoreboard.
    But for the most part the Fins win most of the time when I go. Saw them win in Cleveland and Indy several times.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    In memoriam

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mexico City
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Dolphins will win this weekend.

Hell yeah, they came through!

I'm doubling down this weekend, a large on Miami straight up.

3-3 into the bye!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Congrats and thanks for showing up.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    C'mon Dolphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wilmington, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphone View Post
    Hell yeah, they came through!

I'm doubling down this weekend, a large on Miami straight up.

3-3 into the bye!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2
    Happy to hear you won your bet. Grow that stack!
    Quote Quote